What's new

Qatar: Talks with Pakistan over Mirage 2000-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZedZeeshan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Qatar and Pakistan are said to be engaged in talks since the beginning of this year over a deal for the French-made aircraft of type Mirage 2000-5 in service with the Qatari Air Force (QAF). The following 391-word report sheds more light on the subject and tells what about the talks between Qatar and Pakistan over the deal and what aircraft Qatar might purchase to replace the Mirage 2000-5s. [Briefly reproduced in TR Weekly Issue No 23/27 – July 1, 2016] - See more at:

http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/Qatar:-Talks-with-Pakistan-over-Mirage-2000-5s/5055

Its good if we get UAE mirage 2000 as well along Qatar around 60 planes in very good shape we got trained pilots and crews technical facility good to replace our rose fleet .then we ok another 15 to 20 yrs .if we want we can another 15 to 20 planes from french airforce as well .Inshaalh soon to be seen our colors

.since India is getting pakfa all our birds will be a target practice for pakfa I mean lion vs deer competition Instead of wasting money on second hand old generation planes like jf17 aka Soviet rejected mig33 mirage 2000 invest on economy strong economy means more money more budget means expensive toys like pakfa j20

.since India is getting pakfa all our birds will be a target practice for pakfa I mean lion vs deer competition Instead of wasting money on second hand old generation planes like jf17 aka Soviet rejected mig33 mirage 2000 invest on economy strong economy means more money more budget means expensive toys like pakfa j20
REVEAL YOURSELF YOU INDIAN

pak Fa is yrs away another 15 to 20 yrs they will use Pak Fa ro replace Su 30s

great substitute of old mirages
French Air force had surplus Mirages too we can get 15 to 20 copies as well i remember french offered those jets easy way to replace our old mirages we have all technical know how for these jets wont be issue

we are getting two squardons of 5th gen and thus apart from 150 PAKFA all IAF will be target practice for us...by your logic

cost...cost..cost

depends what terms qatar has..anything even near expensive as much as second f-16 will be a staight no..

and this is regardless very unlikley in first place

Get the UAE's Mirage 2000-9....that is still a formidable beast.
If they would sell them

PAK-FA, well it's not gonna be coming around anytime soon. In fact, I have doubt that it would ever reach commercial production. Chinese still working with J-20 shows that it's not easy to take a fifth gen to factory. We will have to do with JFTs. If all PAF is to find Mirage 2Ks, better buy some F-16s which are more versatile. Mirages are not what PAF should be looking for.

I guess if acquired they will be replacing Mirage V ?

The Mirage 2000-9 integrates
– the additional operating capabilities specified and tailored by the UAE AF & AD,
– together with a lots of new technologies
– and functionalities directly issued from the experience gained from the RAFALE aircraft development.

Mirage 2000-9: a very ambitious program

This Mirage 2000-9 version is a very ambitious and successful program which embedded an incomparable number of new capabilities:

Navigation and Weapon System:
Modular avionics, new RDY-2 multimode radar, digital terrain following system, new IMEWS countermeasures suite, Thomrad radio with frequency evasion and enhanced encoding, glass cockpit with new LCD visualisations, 4-display digital recording system and night vision goggles compatibility, tactical data-link, gyro-Iaser inertial navigation system, navigation Forward Looking Infra-Red system (NAHAR)….

Air-to-Air role:
A unique capability available on the Mirage 2000-9 version, allows to use simultaneously IR and EM MICA in BVR mode (Beyond Visual Range) to deceive electronic warfare system of the target.

Air-to-Ground strikes:
Conventional bombs, day/night video and laser-guided bombs, “Black Shaheen” stand-off cruise missiles, long range recce pod, and “SHEHAB” laser designation pod.

Plus an in-flight refuelling capacity and the automatic speed control system thanks to the implementation of the autothrottle function.

Modular avionics and countermeasures suite are particularly worth mentioning in view of their unusual nature.

The Mirage 2000-9 is equipped with a pioneering IT “core system” architecture as of last generation aircraft (Rafale, F-22 & F-35/JSF).

LINK

What are we going to do with 19 year old Junk??

Pakistan seeking 16 F-16's from Jordan
Pakistan in talks with Qatar for 12 Mirage 2000-5 which is 19 year old

we are replacing 30 year old plane with 19 year old one why cause it'll give PAF 10 years more until ultimate J-31 or TFX arrives

While our Opponent is seeking to buy F-35 Rafales PAK-FA F-18 F-16's Super Sukhoi...

can someone draw a comparison between mirage 2000-5 with J 10 according to PAF's requirements?

Everyone is good at drawing room talk. Talk sensible and " PRACTICAL ".

We are always going to look for a convenient and readly available option rather than waste billions on research and development for which neither do we have the funds nor the brainpower. We start something today after 50 years it will be ready. And the world altogether would have jumped in to a new era.

The Indian "Tejas" is an example. Wasted billions on redundant 4th generation aircraft . Praising it as if it can fly at light speed. Even "Arjun" for that matter.

Kindly refrain from passing such remarks. Until or unless you know the actual ground situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom