What's new

Qatar: Talks with Pakistan over Mirage 2000-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
.since India is getting pakfa all our birds will be a target practice for pakfa I mean lion vs deer competition Instead of wasting money on second hand old generation planes like jf17 aka Soviet rejected mig33 mirage 2000 invest on economy strong economy means more money more budget means expensive toys like pakfa j20
India is yet to get raffle even after wasting 12 years long procurement process and here you as we worrying about IAF having Pakfa. Come on yaar. Be realistic in your approach.

While our Opponent is seeking to buy F-35 Rafales PAK-FA F-18 F-16's Super Sukhoi...
None of these planes will be in IAF atleast till 8 to 10 years.

I don't understand the PAF mindset it like 1 step forward 10 steps back.

JF 17 Programme launched to replace aging fleet of F 7 and mirages

Than what is the use of wasting money on similar type of jets like mirages when JF 17 Can do the similar either accept JF 17 is not good enough

People here use to justify PAF dont want to have 3 different type of jets because of logistics etc wastages

Sometime PAF want F 16 Than J 10 and now Mirages

Instead of buying a jet which has half the life left it is better to buy 1 SU 35 out of 2 MIRAGES

if Qatar is not happy with these jet performances and they not have threat either still they want to discard them tell me how in world we have threat from east to west yet we buy old rust

Nut people are running PAF

Than what is the use of wasting money on similar type of jets like mirages when JF 17 Can do the similar either accept JF 17 is not good enough

People here use to justify PAF dont want to have 3 different type of jets because of logistics etc wastages

Instead of buying a jet which has half the life left it is better to buy 1 SU 35 out of 2 MIRAGES

if Qatar is not happy with these jet performances and they not have threat either still they want to discard them tell me how in world we have threat from east to west yet we buy old rust

People running PAF are brilliant minds other wise with current budget even maintaining this size force is a miracle. Although I don't agree with going for MIRAGE 2000.

Last edited:

Did PAF say they want these Mirage-2000s ?

Qatar and Pakistan are said to be engaged in talks since the beginning of this year over a deal for the French-made aircraft of type Mirage 2000-5 in service with the Qatari Air Force (QAF). The following 391-word report sheds more light on the subject and tells what about the talks between Qatar and Pakistan over the deal and what aircraft Qatar might purchase to replace the Mirage 2000-5s. [Briefly reproduced in TR Weekly Issue No 23/27 – July 1, 2016] - See more at:

http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/Qatar:-Talks-with-Pakistan-over-Mirage-2000-5s/5055
Pak isn't going to buy that it's just chaska all around
Pak will take bit tym like few years or months until then they may b use f16s and upgrade jf17 to there requirements

PAF has long experience of handling these Mirages because its pilots regularly fly these planes for the Qatar and the Emirate air forces. Plus these planes can fill and intergrade quickly in PAF.

Why not build more JF-17s, aren't they supposed to be comparable? without the hassle for establishing new maintainance lines and getting OEM support which is going to be bit iffy

Anyway used F-16s will synergize better with Turkey's support than a brand new platform at such less numbers. Mirage V etc are to Mirage 2K what Mirage 2k is to Rafale so it is not like there would no new investment in setting up support and training facilities.

If true then this is totally non sensical.

Get the UAE's Mirage 2000-9....that is still a formidable beast.

There will be two purchases over the course of a few years. First, some Mirage 2000-5 will be purchased. Remember, the Mirage 2000-5 variant is an entirely different plane than the Mirages in service with the PAF (even though they all share the delta wing design).

It will take the PAF a couple of years to learn to adapt and handle these Mirages, etc. For quick integration, they will probably be assigned with the deep strike role (to replace existing Mirages). But the roles will change as the pilots become more mature with these planes and their tactics.

Then, you'd expect to be getting the Mirage 2000-9. The later should integrate much quickly as it is built on Mirage 2000-5 platform, with additional capability and features, which is much easier to master if you already operate 2000-5 platform. Both versions of these Mirages should be delivered and operational before 2019.

There are only 9+3 Mirages in Qatar. Does it make sense to induct 9 planes ? That too old ones ?
Can be use by Navy replacing mirage 5 for maritime role along with JF17 for navy .

Why Pakistan is negotiating second hand jets. It should go for new jets which can serve it for another 40 years .
These r upgrade airframes along with very low flying hrs .Pak dealing with Mirages since 1968 have trained pilots alng with ground crews yes have a overhauling facility as well .if that deals happens with both UAE and Qatar beacuse hoth purchaing rafale and these rafales r replacement of Mirages . I remember french offered these mirages along with few from french airforce as well still both countries needs french consent for sell like F16s .
Another thing if Pak goes for these jets probably wont buy russian jets fleet of mirage along F16 and Jf17 is good enough for timebeing

Reactions: jha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom