What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, F-313 was supposed to a subsonic close support craft, that's nowhere near an F-117. If we can put a bigger engine in that thing then it may turn out differently. Is there a reason why we don't import a whole bunch of RD-33s?

no there is no reason aside from
1- Russians doesn't want to sell us RD-33s engines
2- our leaders are busy stealing our money
3- our air force budget is not enough to pay our air force officers monthly wage

Last edited:
well , our expectation was something like F35-A .... so it is a disappointment .... although if we show 7th gen fighter in next week , it can't make me happy unless we have something as destructive as tzar class nuclear weapon in high quantity and small size ....

Bro, do you think Iran with it's limited budget and limited experience in jet fighter production could produce anything like F-35 anytime soon?

Iran's missile program has so much backing and had people like Tehrani Moghadam (may he rest in peace) driving it, that's why our missile program is so advanced. Does our airforce have such backing? Frankly, given airforce's limited backing, it's amazing to see what they have done.

Bro, do you think Iran with it's limited budget and limited experience in jet fighter production could produce anything like F-35 anytime soon?

Iran's missile program has so much backing and had people like Tehrani Moghadam (may he rest in peace) driving it, that's why our missile program is so advanced. Does our airforce have such backing? Frankly, given airforce's limited backing, it's amazing to see what they have done.

Q-313 is Defense ministry project not air force ...

so at best we could have something like F-117 .... This is disappointing but still better than F-5 and F-4 ...

No ... Be smart !

Qaher 08 marked as experimental ... Don't compare it with F-117 !

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, F-313 was supposed to a subsonic close support craft, that's nowhere near an F-117. If we can put a bigger engine in that thing then it may turn out differently. Is there a reason why we don't import a whole bunch of RD-33s?

Lockheed Have Blue ...

I didn't mean to compare aircrafts !

The process of development ...

Well one of the problems of F117 was payload & it was subsonic & no air to air capability..
And blue is different :
18011579_296276684138763_3347744226308784128_n.jpg
But if Q313 is about to be a stealth jet like Blue the flir under nose section should be removed beside dorsal antenna..or I am wrong?
DkYLVAJV4AIkX-4.jpg
We gotta wait ..

Well one of the problems of F117 was payload & it was subsonic & no air to air capability..
And blue is different :
View attachment 549827
But if Q313 is about to be a stealth jet like Blue the flir under nose section should be removed beside dorsal antenna..or I am wrong?
View attachment 549828
We gotta wait ..
If you want something in class of F-117 that FLIR is the least of your problem as you you always can cover it in the body but the plane is too small for that and clearly need a more powerful engine. Also don't forget that F117 was not only a bomber it was designed so it could participate in air to air combat and for that you can't rely on gravity to send the missile out of internal bays, you need some sort of ejecting system.

Last edited:
If you want something in class of F-117 that FLIR is the least of your problem as you you always can cover it in the body but the plane is too small for that and clearly need a more powerful engine.
I just stated the obvious ... but if the Qaher that is about to fly at the end is as light as what they taxied then there are problems ..
C9gZ5sOUMAEAxug.jpg C9gZ7UPUwAE16GF.jpg

If you want something in class of F-117 that FLIR is the least of your problem as you you always can cover it in the body but the plane is too small for that and clearly need a more powerful engine. Also don't forget that F117 was not only a bomber it was designed so it could participate in air to air combat and for that you can't rely on gravity to send the missile out of internal bays, you need some sort of ejecting system.
I didn't see the second part of your post F 117 was a bomber that for some reasons the US tried to introduce it as fighter too.

I didn't see the second part of your post F 117 was a bomber that for some reasons the US tried to introduce it as fighter too.
Well the aircraft is unstable in all of its 3 axes and could not go over the speed of sound because it used a nonafterburning underpowered engine that could only produce about half of power that was accessible to airplane like F-15.also for reducing the detection chance they didn't put any radar in it.
There was a f117-n and F117-b in design that would have answered those limitation by changing f404 engine to f414 engine and adding a Radar to the system that make it possible for the aircraft to use AIM-120 . also Lockheed proposed changes to airframe to eliminate the blind spots .also adding several more hardpoint to the aircraft.

But at the time (90s) department of defence was interested in the infamous joint strike fighter and those proposal didn't attract them much .

Well the aircraft is unstable in all of its 3 axes and could not go over the speed of sound because it used a nonafterburning underpowered engine that could only produce about half of power that was accessible to airplane like F-15.also for reducing the detection chance they didn't put any radar in it.
There was a f117-n and F117-b in design that would have answered those limitation by changing f404 engine to f414 engine and adding a Radar to the system that make it possible for the aircraft to use AIM-120 . also Lockheed proposed changes to airframe to eliminate the blind spots .also adding several more hardpoint to the aircraft.

But at the time (90s) department of defence was interested in the infamous joint strike fighter and those proposal didn't attract them much .
Well n and b designs didn't get approval but the current design only hit a helicopter by dropping a bomb while it was started to hover ..so if we wanna use such a concept we're gonna face a lot of problems ..
And aircraft is unstable but controlled by computer do we have such a thing as computer? I don't know if we ever demonstrated the computer of F-14 CADC or working on that....

Well n and b designs didn't get approval but the current design only hit a helicopter by dropping a bomb while it was started to hover ..so if we wanna use such a concept we're gonna face a lot of problems ..
And aircraft is unstable but controlled by computer do we have such a thing as computer? I don't know if we ever demonstrated the computer of F-14 CADC or working on that....
F117 was solely produced to be invisible on enemy radar and drop bombs. That’s it. It was a flying coffin at best. If detected it was royalty f:d. Qaher is obviously not developed with solely those requirements so you can rest assured that it will not be used in the same way and will have completely different flying characteristics.

Hence not comparable.

F117 was solely produced to be invisible on enemy radar and drop bombs. That’s it. It was a flying coffin at best. If detected it was royalty f:d. Qaher is obviously not developed with solely those requirements so you can rest assured that it will not be used in the same way and will have completely different flying characteristics.

Hence not comparable.
its stealth characteristic is very similar to F-117, it seems that it mainly rely on first generation stealth techniques that rely on scattering RADAR waves away from their sources.

Back
Top Bottom