Type of plane: stealth, Close air support, training

Country of origin: IRAN

Manufacturer: Air Industry Organization

Designed by: Department of Defense

Time of introduction: 2013

Current status: Under Development

How many made: 1 prototype

Price: 45 million dollar

This is likely Q-313 given the introduction date and one prototype.

Iran is probably gauging outside interest which is not necessarily a good sign, means the required bodies aren’t willing to extend a full mass production contract. Hence the attempt to get outside interest to push the project forward.

Also disappointing that Q-313 is only 1 prototype still and not 3-5.

This is likely Q-313 given the introduction date and one prototype.

Iran is probably gauging outside interest which is not necessarily a good sign, means the required bodies aren’t willing to extend a full mass production contract. Hence the attempt to get outside interest to push the project forward.

Also disappointing that Q-313 is only 1 prototype still and not 3-5.

well as you knew no one can build an advanced fighter jet alone and in 1 year UN embargo will be removed so Iran has an eye on that for sure so possibly they can get some buyers or some investors from the Middle East. as we can see Iran is under severe sanctions so i agree on perhaps Iran has encountered problems with this project.

well as you knew no one can build an advanced fighter jet alone and in 1 year UN embargo will be removed so Iran has an eye on that for sure so possibly they can get some buyers or some investors from the Middle East. as we can see Iran is under severe sanctions so i agree on perhaps Iran has encountered problems with this project.

no one will invest in Q-313 ... and no one will buy it ... buying military equipment has strong political aspect and IR is busy making more and more enemy everyday .... at this rate , they will declar MARS as enemy of Islam in coming decades ....

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol: i love it when they know how wrong they were and that its ( Qaher _ 313 ) going to fly, but they are not yet willing to admit their mistakes. hhhaaaaa.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...-dream-americas-nightmare-or-total-joke-48602

iran may eventually design an actual flying jet plane resembling the mockups it passed off as the real thing—but even, such a plane would likely merely be a testbed and showpiece.

:lol::lol::lol: i love it when they know how wrong they were and that its ( Qaher _ 313 ) going to fly, but they are not yet willing to admit their mistakes. hhhaaaaa.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...-dream-americas-nightmare-or-total-joke-48602

iran may eventually design an actual flying jet plane resembling the mockups it passed off as the real thing—but even, such a plane would likely merely be a testbed and showpiece.
Iranians are ambitious. When it finally is revealed it will be as shocking and amazing as Iran's current drone force. Then no one will laugh anymore. Instead they will try to add Iran's fighter jet program into part of JCPOA negotiations

Iranians are ambitious. When it finally is revealed it will be as shocking and amazing as Iran's current drone force. Then no one will laugh anymore. Instead they will try to add Iran's fighter jet program into part of JCPOA negotiations

Iran has attempted to acquire blueprints of advanced engines including F-35 engines.

You know why? Because without blueprints or TOT there is a snowballs chance in hell Iran can reverse engineer a modern jet engine. Even the RD-33 would be a daunting task and that engine is 50 years old.

If you don’t believe me ask someone more knowledgeable about the subject like @PeeD

Best Iran can do is J-85 right now and even that I wonder if they have true mass production capability or a more limited production capability.

Israel is more advanced in this field with open access to foreign tech and even they dropped their domestic fighter program.

$14 Billion a year military budget is not enough to have a true 200+ Fighter Domestic fighter program. Not to mention, Iran would be STUPID to build its FIRST major platform to be the BACKBONE of its airforce UNLESS it was already based on a highly successful long tested foreign fighter design. (aka TOT production like China did with the Soviet planes).

So even if say 50 F-313 gets built. Iran will still need something to replace F-5, F-4, F-7, Mirage, F-14 etc in next 2 decades.

I imagine Iran will be buy new fighters from Russia next year or so....If I remember correctly JCPOA embargo will end in 2020 regarding the fighters. Besides, now that the Americans have broke the deal, I doubt Iran will need the security council approval for the purchase.

Iran has attempted to acquire blueprints of advanced engines including F-35 engines.

You know why? Because without blueprints or TOT there is a snowballs chance in hell Iran can reverse engineer a modern jet engine. Even the RD-33 would be a daunting task and that engine is 50 years old.

If you don’t believe me ask someone more knowledgeable about the subject like @PeeD

Best Iran can do is J-85 right now and even that I wonder if they have true mass production capability or a more limited production capability.

Israel is more advanced in this field with open access to foreign tech and even they dropped their domestic fighter program.

$14 Billion a year military budget is not enough to have a true 200+ Fighter Domestic fighter program. Not to mention, Iran would be STUPID to build its FIRST major platform to be the BACKBONE of its airforce UNLESS it was already based on a highly successful long tested foreign fighter design. (aka TOT production like China did with the Soviet planes).

So even if say 50 F-313 gets built. Iran will still need something to replace F-5, F-4, F-7, Mirage, F-14 etc in next 2 decades.
All that is true if Iran play the same game that US is playing.
For a jet fighter or whatever version Iran is working on to be effective, it doesn't need to be in par with f35 or f22.
Just look at what Iran did to render US mighty navy useless in Persian Gulf. It didn't build 8000 tons destroyers or large aircraft carriers. It was obvious that Iran could not win such a game. It turned much cheaper and less sophisticated speedboats into weapons that could actually be more effective in Persian Gulf than all US multi billion toys.
I'm sure something similar can be done with airforce and I'm sure Iranians will find it.
Being a copycat is the most stupid thing Iran can do because of all the thing you mentioned.
You need to be creative and imaginative to take on an enemy that is larger and more advanced than you and Iranians have proved over and over again that they are exactly that.
Have faith and patience. You'll be surprised.

شاید اول فکر کنید این حرفا کلاسیک و سطحی هست اما این حرفا واقعا مفیده و اطلاعات زیادی بهتون میده:
دهن اون آشغالای ایرانی رو هم که دائما از ایران بد میگن میبنده

All that is true if Iran play the same game that US is playing.
For a jet fighter or whatever version Iran is working on to be effective, it doesn't need to be in par with f35 or f22.
Just look at what Iran did to render US mighty navy useless in Persian Gulf. It didn't build 8000 tons destroyers or large aircraft carriers. It was obvious that Iran could not win such a game. It turned much cheaper and less sophisticated speedboats into weapons that could actually be more effective in Persian Gulf than all US multi billion toys.
I'm sure something similar can be done with airforce and I'm sure Iranians will find it.
Being a copycat is the most stupid thing Iran can do because of all the thing you mentioned.
You need to be creative and imaginative to take on an enemy that is larger and more advanced than you and Iranians have proved over and over again that they are exactly that.
Have faith and patience. You'll be surprised.
Excellent point. Finally some one who thinks outside of the box...must be that Canadian cold winters..lol

Qaher 313 is designed to be a very low flying fighter jet. That combined with Iran's terrain will make it a very potent fighter jet for defending against enemy jet inside Iran. If this fighter is flying in lower altitude than the enemy jets, then combining it's stealth with the fact that the enemy radars can't differentiate Qaher from the ground scatter then you have a potent platform in my opinion. It will also be very cheap to produce.

Let's be real here. The engineers in Iran know what they're doing much better than us in this forum. So I always find it hilarious that we have bunch of fanboys on these forums trying to act as if they know more than the people actually designing these systems.

Last edited:
شاید اول فکر کنید این حرفا کلاسیک و سطحی هست اما این حرفا واقعا مفیده و اطلاعات زیادی بهتون میده:
دهن اون آشغالای ایرانی رو هم که دائما از ایران بد میگن میبنده

Very interesting

Excellent point. Finally some one who thinks outside of the box...must be that Canadian cold winters..lol
Haha! Maybe

Qaher 313 is designed to be a very low flying fighter jet. That combined with Iran's terrain will make it a very potent fighter jet for defending against enemy jet inside Iran. If this fighter is flying in lower altitude than the enemy jets, then combining it's stealth with the fact that the enemy radars can't differentiate Qaher from the ground scatter then you have a potent platform in my opinion. It will also be very cheap to produce.

Let's be real here. The engineers in Iran know what they're doing much better than us in this forum. So I always find it hilarious that we have bunch of fanboys on these forums trying to act as if they know more than the people actually designing these systems.

Do you have any proof that the Qaher cannot be picked up by 5th gen radars among the “ground scatter”? Or are you just making this up?

Qaher at its current iteration does have not have that low of an RCS as its design still is not optimized based on true stealth characteristics. Also RCS is based on a frontal hit of radar waves from ground based radars not from above from an aircraft flying much higher than it.

Thus the RCS of Qaher being hit by radar waves from the top is vulnerable and likely detectable especially due to lack of radar absorbing skin. Add to the fact if it were to fly without external tanks it’s range is likely limited and by adding external tanks will only increase RCS further.

Furthermore, for F-313 to be an ultra low terrain fighter similar to F-117 it would need to have a completely automated ground avoidance system as no human pilot can be readily relied on to make split second decisions when flying that close to the terrain while in combat during fog of war.

Lastly, if Qaher DOES get detected by an F-22 (and it will) it will face extreme difficulty in its current design iteration from disengaging and avoiding BVR A2A missiles. Correct me if I’m wrong, If I remember correctly one of the main criticism was the current size of air intake which would make climbing difficult.

Add that to the fact the last iteration of F-313 had a FLIR and no Radar, this doesn’t seem to be a fighter with a real defined role, which is troubling. But even adding a optimized Kowsar radar will still make it at a major disadvantage against large air superiority fighters.

So no F-313 being an air superiority fighter is unlikely as it neither has the size, radar, nor long range BVR Missile to be able to do that.

F-313 is at best a light weight CAS fighter and advanced trainer with some stealth characteristics and at most somewhere between a 3rd and 4th gen capability. It’s similar to a “stealthy” upgraded F-5 which makes sense given that Iran has been obsessed with reverse engineering that plane.

Now ask yourself this, will Air Force put in an order for such a plane with limited operational capabilities? This is the same Air Force that passed on Borhan.

The reasons I mentioned above plus Iran’s meager military budget means that F-313 is up in the air in terms of development. If Air Force can acquire foreign planes they will pick those over Iranian. Sad but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom