What's new

PTI leader Asad Umar quits politics, resigns from basic party membership

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Asad Umar says he disagrees with policy of confrontation with state institutions
1699727535278.png

• "I have decided to completely quit politics," says Asad Umar.
  • Says he disagrees with policy of confrontation with state institutions.
  • Umar announced to step down as secretary general in May.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Asad Umar on Monday announced to quit politics and resigned from the basic membership of the Imran Khan-led party.

Taking to X, formerly Twitter, Umar said: "After more than one decade in public life, I have decided to completely quit politics."

"As I had already stated publicly earlier that I disagree with the policy of confrontation with state institutions, and such a policy has led to a serious collision with state institutions, which is not in the interest of the country," he mentioned.

The PTI leader further said that he was resigning from the basic membership of the party.

Thanking the people who supported him publically, Umar said he particularly wants to show gratitude to the NA-54 team and the voters who elected him twice.

"I have tried my best to serve the constituency that I was elected from. May Allah's blessings shine upon the Pakistani nation," he added.

PTI leader Hammad Azhar said he was saddened by Umar's decision to quit the party and politics.

"PTI attracted professionals and educated individuals to take part in active politics. Forcing ppl like Asad to quit politics whilst promoting the likes of Sharjeel Memons, Tessoris, Rana Sanas wont do Pakistan any good & will also not work," he wrote on X.

Umar joins the list of senior party leaders who quit politics following the May 9 mayhem in which PTI supporters attacked government buildings and military installations.

The party members took to the streets after PTI Chairman Imran Khan was arrested in the £190 million settlement case from the Islamabad High Court premises.

Umar was also arrested under the MPO on May 10, a day after violence erupted amid countrywide protests against Khan's arrest.

However, he was released from the Adiala Jail on the Islamabad High Court's (IHC) order after he was directed to submit an undertaking that he would not become a part of violent protests.

On May 24, Umar stepped down as the party's secretary general and also announced to quit the PTI's core committee. He had served in the position for 17 months.

It is important to note that he has been named in a number of cases related to violence. He was also named in the cipher case registered under the Official Secrets Act but secured bail from the court.

PTI chief Imran Khan and vice chairman Shah Mahmood Qureshi have been indicted in the case and are currently incarcerated in Adiala jail.

Good decision. No point in fighting your army, intelligence agencies or be their puppet.

We needed such professionals and high IQ ppl in politocs but the colonial sepoys see them as a threat and remlving and discouraging decent ppl from politics.
This proves the point that genuine leadership and genuine representatives of Pakistani ppl have never been allowed in politics. Politics was never allowed to evolve. The PDM achar shows they just allow corrupt puppets who they can control. Only one entity is the root of all evil and all problems in this country.

Asad Umar says he disagrees with policy of confrontation with state institutions
View attachment 998558
  • "I have decided to completely quit politics," says Asad Umar.
  • Says he disagrees with policy of confrontation with state institutions.
  • Umar announced to step down as secretary general in May.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Asad Umar on Monday announced to quit politics and resigned from the basic membership of the Imran Khan-led party.

Taking to X, formerly Twitter, Umar said: "After more than one decade in public life, I have decided to completely quit politics."

"As I had already stated publicly earlier that I disagree with the policy of confrontation with state institutions, and such a policy has led to a serious collision with state institutions, which is not in the interest of the country," he mentioned.

The PTI leader further said that he was resigning from the basic membership of the party.

Thanking the people who supported him publically, Umar said he particularly wants to show gratitude to the NA-54 team and the voters who elected him twice.

"I have tried my best to serve the constituency that I was elected from. May Allah's blessings shine upon the Pakistani nation," he added.

PTI leader Hammad Azhar said he was saddened by Umar's decision to quit the party and politics.

"PTI attracted professionals and educated individuals to take part in active politics. Forcing ppl like Asad to quit politics whilst promoting the likes of Sharjeel Memons, Tessoris, Rana Sanas wont do Pakistan any good & will also not work," he wrote on X.

Umar joins the list of senior party leaders who quit politics following the May 9 mayhem in which PTI supporters attacked government buildings and military installations.

The party members took to the streets after PTI Chairman Imran Khan was arrested in the £190 million settlement case from the Islamabad High Court premises.

Umar was also arrested under the MPO on May 10, a day after violence erupted amid countrywide protests against Khan's arrest.

However, he was released from the Adiala Jail on the Islamabad High Court's (IHC) order after he was directed to submit an undertaking that he would not become a part of violent protests.

On May 24, Umar stepped down as the party's secretary general and also announced to quit the PTI's core committee. He had served in the position for 17 months.

It is important to note that he has been named in a number of cases related to violence. He was also named in the cipher case registered under the Official Secrets Act but secured bail from the court.

PTI chief Imran Khan and vice chairman Shah Mahmood Qureshi have been indicted in the case and are currently incarcerated in Adiala jail.

lapdog slave @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE has spoken again… despicable human being

Pakistan Army is visibly wrong and destroying constitution, democracy, other institutions and of Pakistan. It's duty of every Pakistani to guard and protect the state even when Pakistan Army is active against it.

We obey Allah and laws of Pakistan. Army Institutio is not our Qibla nor we worship Army Chief.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom