What's new

PTI Azaadi March 2022: Updates and Discussion

It's not going to happen [even if it becomes Pashtun majority] until and as when people begin to vote or look beyond their ethnic groups. The blunt truth is all groups talk of Muslim but when it comes to it they hide behind ethnic based parties to gain benefits. This applies to Sindhi, applies to educated Mohajirs [remind me what did MQM stand for] and ANP.
Educated muhajir vote for PTI. Fcuk everyone else

You’ll hate to hear this too but the muhajirs were the last group to move away from a nationalist politics in the 90s- this is well after everyone else had already picked ethnic and regional parties to support and JI was doing nothing in highlighting the discrimination against urban Sindh (for example in the quota system). I remember how BB in her first term even asked “why are there so many of them here and how can we get rid of the muhajirs in the bureaucracy?” Also blocking the Biharis in Dhaka refuge camps from coming to Pakistan.

That being said, it was wrong to support MQM- Karachi has been supporting PTI, which is actually the first real nationalist party and the first middle class party in the country.

Last edited:
Imran Khan needs to remember Karachi when he’s doing a deal with the establishment. Since it’s going to be a negotiated deal he needs to somehow detach Karachi from Zardari’s claws.

Sindh can keep worshipping Bhutto-Zardaris till kingdom come.
He can if he begs punjab..he will get 2/3 majority with KPK PUNJAB & karachi

The political chaos Pakistan keeps going through is such a terrible tragedy for the nation and its people :( This instability scares away investors that would help it develop and makes it easy for Pakistan's enemies to exploit security gaps to carry out their agendas. If things get worse Pakistan might end up suffering the fate of Yugoslavia where every region breaks away which would only make your Indian neighbours happy.

Did you read my post? This would be akin to declaring war on PPP. It's like trying to gouge London from England, Rome from Italy. simply not going to happen. Not this century. Note what I said.

Karachi was and is capital of Sindh going back to British Raj. Any attempt to change boundary of Sindh would be giving Sindhudesh movement a steriod injection like the imposition of Urdu on Banglas was in 1950s which festered until it exploded in 1971.

Sindh is Sindhi majority. Any such move would be seen as gerrymandering and cause strife in Sindh. Keep in mind Sindhi's are majority. There is ocean of them around the urban areas.

It would also be constitutionally almost impossible because Sindh would not give assent to such a move.

If there was an honest census it will be found that Sindh already has a non-Sindhi majority. They counted Karachi as 15 million in the last census when it is actually 25-30 million. Add in Hyderabad and other urban areas, the others have a majority.

It is not a valid reason to keep getting Pakistan’s biggest city raped perpetually by criminal PPP waderas just because they’ll go apeshit and start fighting for Sindhudesh. Any such treachery needs to be crushed with force not rewarded. Karachi is not war booty to give to someone to prevent a war of independence. At the moment the generals are suppressing Karachi in behalf of Zardari.

People need to decide whether this is Pakistan or a collection of semi-independent states.

Pakistan’s economy will never prosper as long as Karachi is being controlled by Zardari. Simple as that.

If there was an honest census it will be found that Sindh already has a non-Sindhi majority. They counted Karachi as 15 million in the last census when it is actually 25-30 million. Add in Hyderabad and other urban areas, the others have a majority.

It is not a valid reason to keep getting Pakistan’s biggest city raped perpetually by criminal PPP waderas just because they’ll go apeshit and start fighting for Sindhudesh. Any such treachery needs to be crushed with force not rewarded. Karachi is not war booty to give to someone to prevent a war of independence. At the moment the generals are suppressing Karachi in behalf of Zardari.

People need to decide whether this is Pakistan or a collection of semi-independent states.

Pakistan’s economy will never prosper as long as Karachi is being controlled by Zardari. Simple as that.
jis turhan wardi mafia corruption ko corruption nai samjhta aur woh kabhi bhi Karachi ko zardari keh hath sey nai jaanay day khi wardi mafia ki golden goose hai!

1: labd grabbing
2: smuggling from iran
3: water tankers
4: parking thaikay
5: eid ul adha mandis
6: kidnapping

all the crimes you can think of done in karachi are done with protection of wardi mafia they are supporters and beneficiary of waderas occupation of Karachi!

1.2.3 ban incoming!

Plenty to burn in Karachi too, never has stopped mob before.
okay boss we will burn zardari house but your faujis will murder us if we go near their fav waderas corruption hq!

okay boss we will burn zardari house but your faujis will murder us if we go near their fav waderas corruption hq!

Those who can’t handle Sind, I’m not sure how they’ll deal with Hind.

I may be optimistic here but I think Bajwa has intervened and promised early elections. IK said to the military to stay neutral during the march. As things stand when the crap it the fan Sanaullah shat in his pants and asked the armies help.

By definition once army got involved it was not neutral but active player in the emerging scenario. Once the army was called in a bloody event could have taken place. Gandapur was bringing in tribals and it would not take much for real fight to begin with the army right in middle of it. This would not be good for IK, not good for Bajwa and certainly not good for Pakistan.

In this scenario IK was asked if he could pull down his march with the condition that early elections would be declared - thus the 6 days. All it would take is BAP to pull out and Showbaz would fall faster then a bag of spuds.

At any rate this is what I hope. How things pan out is tro be seen. Fingerbiting stuff over the next week.
I think this is a good assessment. I think the Army/Establishment would not want to have its backs against the wall where it has to resort to violence on the streets of Punjab/Capital. I think any government, including that of Musharraf would have folded, when faced with this situation.

But again, this is an assessment. I think the right thing is for elections to be called early. Have a technocrat based interim government manage the elections and army ensure fairness.

The issue is that the seats will be dead-locked once again with no clear majority/mandate for any party that wins the elections. This and also the precedence setting for the future by PTI that could leave anyone against a sitting government to pull people power onto the street even in the first year of the government's rule to send them packing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom