What's new

'Proud to be Pakistani Hindu today': Senate body approves Hindu marriage bill

even finding them in pakistan will be a discovery !!

Not really....we have hired tens of staff from Pakistan recently and there are handful of Hindu among them...

Cheap tactics of politics, be it hindu or muslim we want growth improvement not these appeasement laws !

This is not appeasement this is a major social justice to Hindus which brings them in equality of marriage laws with others....

Should applaud Pakistan for this historic step to legitimize their unions.

Why couldn't they just go to a registrar and register their marriage??? Why do they have to enact a law??

It is the culture of indo-pak..Hindu Pandits have been the road block much like muslim mullahs have always been..this rule by-passes the pandits monopolization and takes Hindus directly to social upliftment in court of law..

This is not appeasement this is a major social justice to Hindus which brings them in equality of marriage laws with others....
No sir this is cheap political stunt Pakistani muslims and hindus are facing much bigger issues then this which are of more concern and need immediate attention but since this will bring headlines to newspaper of both national and international media ,,,and politicians will get attention what they require....For a common man this is of no use only to make them fool by using these tactics.

I had 2 Hindu class fellow with me at Manchester university. They were from Karachi.
That's nice, but let's face it, Pakistan is not anywhere near how India is in terms on demographics, what is it now, 97% Islamic, and growing ? which means diminishing minorities. But it is also somewhat of a theocratic state, an Islamic republic, so maybe that is expected.

Anyway, outside of India, spl in the west (where they are not ghettoized, like parts of the UK, for example), Indians and Pakistanis get along swimmingly, I bear witness to at least a bit of that.

Hindus should have had these rights in Pakistan from long time ago.

Anyway, outside of India, spl in the west (where they are not ghettoized, like parts of the UK, for example), Indians and Pakistanis get along swimmingly, I bear witness to at least a bit of that.

In Canada, the generation of us born here all get along just fine, though the racism does exist in those fresh off the boat.

Say whatever you want but MQM is the only party that looks after minorities in Karachi.

460679592.jpg
yes, indeed they do look after everybody very well. Especially around Kurbani times and monthly bases by dropping love notes and picking up unwanted leather. samuj tho geay he ho gey.... ....akhul mund k leay ishra kafi hia

How did marriage take place before this law?

Say whatever you want but MQM is the only party that looks after minorities in Karachi.

460679592.jpg
Ham na rahein hamarey baad Pak sarzamin shad baad :D

We've many hindu in quetta too . They're living peacefully and happily here , trading . No discrimination.
Not many Hindus in Islamabad but i had Hindu friends in RahimYarKhan

Arre UP, Bihari bhai hai humara if they don't take care of minorities then who would? :D

The best thing I find about MQM is, they are ones bearing the real brunts of partition, driven away from their ancestral homeland because of their religion, they had every reason to form a religious party but instead they formed a secular one, I salute them for that. People who left northern India for Pakistan were actually the most affluent and educated section of Indian muslims, they established themselves real quick in the newly formed country and contributed massively in development, they are to Pakistan what the Parsis and the Jains for us.

Urdu Speakers used to be a big vote bank of Jamaate Isami, the reason being they thought voting Jamaate Isalami they would fit in with the narrative of united Islamic Pakistan. Eventually the educated university going generation decided to break Jamate Islami's vote bank and created their own political party starting from University campuses and then spreading on the streets of Karachi.

Apparently a million people turned up on their first street political rally.

That's nice, but let's face it, Pakistan is not anywhere near how India is in terms on demographics

Well, Hindus are very concentrated in the subcontinent and always have been.

Before independence, most of (West) Pakistan's Hindu population existed in Punjab. After independence and the partition of Punjab, Muslims were flushed out of the Indian East Punjab, while Hindus and Sikhs were flushed out of Western (Pakistani) Punjab. Both sides were guilty of this religious cleansing, and less than 1% of each these groups were left in the respective part of their Punjab.

Also, Pakistan still has one of the world's largest Hindu populations (a little more than 3 million people now):

Z.png

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/hindus/pf_15-04-02_projectionstables95/

Secondly, while India is more religiously diverse than Pakistan, it is still overwhelmingly Hindu. In the 1951 census, the Muslim share of India's population was a little less than 10%, and it was 84% Hindu. While the proportion of Muslims in the country has since increased, that number was only 14% in 2011:

population-trends-for-major-religious-groups-in-india-1951e280932011.png

what is it now, 97% Islamic, and growing ?

The proportion of Muslims and people of other faiths in Pakistan has remained quite consistent since 1951 (after independence and the migration that ensued). Minorities in Pakistan are not diminishing. In fact, due to a higher fertility rate than Pakistani Muslims, Hindus are the single fastest growing religious group in Pakistan:

The Vanishing Hindus of Pakistan – a Demographic Study  Newslaundry.png

https://www.newslaundry.com/2015/01/09/the-vanishing-hindus-of-pakistan-a-demographic-study-2

But it is also somewhat of a theocratic state, an Islamic republic, so maybe that is expected.

No, it really isn't. I don't know why some Indians have this misconception. Though it does have an official Islamic identity, Pakistan's government is nothing like a true theocracy and cannot be compared to countries like Iran. Parties such as Jamaat-e-Islami and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam struggle to win just 5% of the seats in the National Assembly.

Very true. I can attest to that too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom