Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Proud to be Pakistani Hindu today': Senate body approves Hindu marriage bill
INAMULLAH KHATTAK — UPDATED 24 minutes ago
WHATSAPP
11 COMMENTS
PRINT
In what appears to be a New Year's gift for Hindu minorities in Pakistan, the Senate Functional Committee on Human Rights unanimously approved the much-awaited Hindu Marriages Bill on Monday.

Earlier in September, the National Assembly had passed the Hindu Marriage Bill 2016, thus paving the way for the adoption of a comprehensive and widely-acceptable family law for Hindus living in Pakistan.

The bill will enable the Hindu community to get their marriages registered and to appeal in courts of law in cases of separation.

There are penalties for violating the provisions of the bill, which allows Hindus to finally have a proof of marriage document called the shadiparat, similar to the nikahnama for Muslims.

The bill also allows separated Hindu persons to remarry. Clause 17 of the bill states that a Hindu widow "shall have the right to re-marry of her own will and consent after the death of her husband provided a period of six months has lapsed after the husband’s death".

The Senate committee under the chair of Muttahida Qaumi Movement Senator Nasreen Jalil took up the bill for discussion.

Soon after the bill was approved, the committee room 4 in Parliament House echoed with jubilation as senators and officials of different ministries started thumping their desks.

Minority member in National Assembly Dr Ramesh Kumar Vankwani called the move a new year's gift for Hindus living in Pakistan.

"Today, we are proud to be Hindu Pakistanis after the approval of the bill. Hindus will now be able to get registered their marriages and also apply for divorce under family laws," he said.

Top constitutional expert Senator Aitzaz Ahsan said the bill is in accordance with the essence of the Constitution.

Ahsan clarified that the bill was not in contrast with Islamic jurisprudence as Islam emphasises protection of minorities.

Say whatever you want but MQM is the only party that looks after minorities in Karachi.

460679592.jpg

Acha ha .
Should introduce law against wata sata too and burying of women .

Is there even a single hindu pakistani on this forum.
There were two or three guys back in 2014,haven't seen them for long also hindus in Pakistan or either part of poor working class or total business minded guys,who hate wasting time here and there one was my teacher of chemistry and many other were my college mates.

Acha ha .
Should introduce law against wata sata too and burying of women .
Wato sata is:
1x brother and sister or relative of Family A marries in Family B

1x Brother and sister/relative of Family B marries in Family A

Right?
But when did the burrying of women take place in Pakistan? Its just a statement although such law already exists if my understanding is correct and it is criminal offence to begin with

Wato sata is:

Right?

Ji .
Wato sata is:

Right?
But when did the burrying of women take place in Pakistan? Its just a statement although such law already exists if my understanding is correct and it is criminal offence to begin with

Law can't control it .
It's still happening. Killing on name of honour , burying women alive . It's still not dead .

What are you guys smoking about i have a hindu and christian friend, had worked with hindus and yes in Islamic Republic of Pakistan
We've many hindu in quetta too . They're living peacefully and happily here , trading . No discrimination.

I am surprised such law does not exist about Hindu marriage in Pakistan.

From what I remember from the very first book I read in School (primary or secondary school)... Pakistan was formed to protect the rights of minorities. If such law did not exist from the era of Quaid e Azam it only means that Pakistan had always enjoyed undeclared law fir minorities as the constitution was only divised in 1970s.

Ji .

Law can't control it .
It's still happening. Killing on name of honour , burying women alive . It's still not dead .
Sir which part of Pakistan are you talking about?

I am not sure if it happens in some isolated regions of Inner Sindh or along the unsettled border areas of Afghanistan but do let me assure you that I will be really shocked if it ever happened amongst the populated areas across Pakistan. People will rather burn the cruel father alive if he attempted to bury innocent soul

Why this took so long ? Hindus and Christians and Sikh and other minorities should have right to do marriage according to there religious rituals what on earth it took so long and Government should have no issue registering it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom