What's new

Senate approves Army Act amendments seeking 5-year jail term for disclosing 'sensitive information'

Some of the amendments actually make sense, but this culture of making everyone a holy cow needs to stop.

Now these morons are coming up with a new authority to monitor YouTube channels.

In haramzadon ki shan main koi gustakhi kar do to in ko maut par jati hai (this holds true for both politicians and faujis).

Some of the amendments actually make sense, but this culture of making everyone a holy cow needs to stop.

Now these morons are coming up with a new authority to monitor YouTube channels.

In haramzadon ki shan main koi gustakhi kar do to in ko maut par jati hai (this holds true for both politicians and faujis).
They want to make a toheen'e fauji law. they will have plenty of toheen done to them now! What credibility does this phauj have left?

We, those who used to support them are responsible. This is what they give you for the love and respect.

I met many Pakistanis in Canada and the US in the past two months. During several gatherings of overseas Pakistanis, I noticed a strong sentiment of disdain towards the Pakistan military that surpasses anything I've witnessed even 10000000 times more than against India or anyne else. The families of overseas both inside and outside Pakistan share this animosity, perhaps a hundred thousand times more intensely that i am literally telling here.

In the last two gatherings, one in Mississauga, Toronto, and the other in Ajax, I witnessed an indescribable level of hatred among Pakistanis towards the Pakistan Army. During a festival, I found myself seated at a table with at least 20 uncles aged 45-65, and their central topic of discussion was... (keep this in mind,, there were few ex army officers as well lol)

Pakistan say kuch nahe kareedna na dena hey kyonkay sara paisa Pakistan ki fooj khaa jati hey awaam ko kuch nahe milta aur mulk ka 75 saal may behkari bana diya hey inhonay, PMLN PPP ko laykar bhi yehi aye hain aur bacha bhi yehi rahay hain..

One observation I made is that Pakistanis' dislike has shifted from the Sharifs and Zardaris towards the Army. There is a prevailing belief that Nawaz, Zardari, and others are hardly 1% corrupt when compared to the Pakistan military, which is perceived as having essentially taken over the entire country. The mil is seen as the real problem for Pakistan, surpassing any other entity. This change in perception is quite remarkable and evident if you explore social media or discuss it with friends and family members, especially those living abroad.

A similar sentiment was also expressed by Moeed Pirzada after attending a recent conf of Pakistanis in Dallas. Also shared by Waqar Zakkah as well. He has been quite critical of PTI for the past couple of months and shared similar experiences with Pakistanis in the US and UK, where they expressed their hatred towards the Pakistan Army and blamed them for bringing back mafias like PMLN/PPP.

The animosity towards the military is not solely due to Imran Khan now .... it stems from a deeper understanding of how Pakistan has functioned over the past 75 years.

I don't know where the mil estb is taking this country...

PTI still holds majority in senate where bill was passed.

Apnay leader k greeban mai bhi daikh lo

View attachment 941633
  • Disclosing sensitive info punishable for up to 5 years.
  • Army chief, authorised officer must permit disclosure.
  • Maligning forces punishable up to 2 years, fine.

ISLAMABAD: Senate Thursday approved a bill to amend the Pakistan Army Act, 1952, seeking stern action against anyone who discloses sensitive information pertaining to the army or seeks to malign the armed forces in any way.

Moved by Defence Minister Khawaja Asif, the bill titled “Pakistan Army (Amendment) Act, 2023" stated those who disclose information against the interests of the country or the Pakistan Army will be dealt with under the Official Secrets Act and the Army Act.

It further permits a punishment of up to five years if a person discloses any sensitive information in the interest of national security — obtained in an official capacity — without prior permission of the army chief.

"If any person, who is or has been subject to this Act, discloses or causes to be disclosed any information, acquired in an official capacity, which is or may be prejudicial to the security and interest of Pakistan or the Armed Forces of Pakistan, shall be guilty of an offence, and on conviction by the court constituted under this Act, be punished with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years," the bill reads.

However, the bill stated that a person disclosing such information with the permission of the army chief or an authorised officer will not be punished.

"Any disclosure made after seeking prior approval from the Chief of the Army Staff, or any officer duly empowered by him, in the manner prescribed, shall not be deemed as unauthorised disclosure," it added.

Furthermore, it sought to bar persons subject to this act from engaging in political activity for two years from the date of their retirement, release, resignation, discharge, removal or dismissal from the service, whereas those "employed, seconded, tasked or otherwise attached" to "sensitive" duties under the act will be barred from political activities for five years after they leave their posts.

"Whoever violates [these conditions] on conviction by the court constituted under this Act, be punished with rigorous imprisonment for a term, which may extend to two years," the bill stated.

Moreover, the bill states that action will be taken against those involved in defamation of the military and they will be punished under the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2016 (Act XL of 2016) or relevant electronic, digital and social media laws.

"A personnel who is or has been subject to this Act intentionally ridicules, scandalizes, brings into hatred or otherwise attempts to lower the Armed Forces of Pakistan or any part thereof in the estimation of others shall, on conviction by a court constituted under this Act, in the prescribed manner, be punished with imprisonment which may extend to two years or fine or with both."

Raza Rabbani lodges 'protest'​

Meanwhile, Pakistan People's Party (PPP) Senator Mian Raza Rabbani staged a walkout from the house, terming the approval of multiple bills in a day as “blind legislation”.

Rabbani said that the manner in which the bills were passed today is a “dark day” and added that these are very important bills but the members got these today.

Regarding the bill related to the Higher Education Commission (HEC), the PPP senator said it is illegal and its purpose is to roll back the 18th amendment; he said this bill had to be approved by the Council of Common Interest.

At this, Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani said the HEC bill is not being presented today.

Later, Raza Rabbani announced to boycott the Senate session while other PPP lawmakers were present in the house.
I just wondered how many positions you can lick a boot from? Noora league looks like it expert in art of giving a shine beyond the sunshine. What is a sensitive information in Pakistan regarding Pakistan and so called armed forces.

Firstly we buy equipment from abroad hence most of there capabilities are known. Secondly the goods we do produce are not much of a quality wise. Thirdly if someone is thinking of nuclear assets my friend every one knows other then Pakistani's living in Pakistan itself. Do you really believe generals who can bring down the governments for few dollars have not passed on the blue prints and capabilities to their white masters.
Regarding bad mouthing generals, looking at there treacherous faces person feels like throwing up and needs a mouth wash after calling out there names. The generals who have screwed up our country and country future can't be named like Noora living beyond means assets, why not just get loss. Wait for the day when all these pathetic generals are robed in and hanged from the same robe.

I met many Pakistanis in Canada and the US in the past two months. During several gatherings of overseas Pakistanis, I noticed a strong sentiment of disdain towards the Pakistan military that surpasses anything I've witnessed even 10000000 times more than against India or anyne else. The families of overseas both inside and outside Pakistan share this animosity, perhaps a hundred thousand times more intensely that i am literally telling here.

In the last two gatherings, one in Mississauga, Toronto, and the other in Ajax, I witnessed an indescribable level of hatred among Pakistanis towards the Pakistan Army. During a festival, I found myself seated at a table with at least 20 uncles aged 45-65, and their central topic of discussion was... (keep this in mind,, there were few ex army officers as well lol)

Pakistan say kuch nahe kareedna na dena hey kyonkay sara paisa Pakistan ki fooj khaa jati hey awaam ko kuch nahe milta aur mulk ka 75 saal may behkari bana diya hey inhonay, PMLN PPP ko laykar bhi yehi aye hain aur bacha bhi yehi rahay hain..

One observation I made is that Pakistanis' dislike has shifted from the Sharifs and Zardaris towards the Army. There is a prevailing belief that Nawaz, Zardari, and others are hardly 1% corrupt when compared to the Pakistan military, which is perceived as having essentially taken over the entire country. The mil is seen as the real problem for Pakistan, surpassing any other entity. This change in perception is quite remarkable and evident if you explore social media or discuss it with friends and family members, especially those living abroad.

A similar sentiment was also expressed by Moeed Pirzada after attending a recent conf of Pakistanis in Dallas. Also shared by Waqar Zakkah as well. He has been quite critical of PTI for the past couple of months and shared similar experiences with Pakistanis in the US and UK, where they expressed their hatred towards the Pakistan Army and blamed them for bringing back mafias like PMLN/PPP.

The animosity towards the military is not solely due to Imran Khan now .... it stems from a deeper understanding of how Pakistan has functioned over the past 75 years.

I don't know where the mil estb is taking this country...
Analysis are 200% correct, army is the real enemy of Pakistan simple is that. Send these monkeys and leeches back to the barracks and country will sort out her problems in no time.

Raza Rabbani is correct: These kinds of adhoc/opportunist laws are wrong.
There are plenty of ways to nab Imran--no need to invent new ones.
Tyoygood cop and bad cop behavior by PPPP.. standing one feet in each of ships so they can maintain the disguise of political party and keep the thugry as well

Hence Raza rabbani is worst person in Pakistan..can't wait to get rid of him

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom