What's new

Pompeo reaches India for 2+2 meeting

Can you share the official release that says no waiver?

The sec himself said no decision is made. I understand trolling, but this is a low effort troll.
I am not trolling at all I have posted the official statement already and there is no mention of waiver on CAATSA IN the statement and sanctions are already in place. 2+2 was meant to address CAATSA but if there is no mention of waiver that means sanctions are still in place.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/caatsa.aspx
India was suppose to get waiver but the official statement addresses every thing and don't mentions CAATSA waiver so you got no waiver.

I am not trolling at all I have posted the official statement already and there is no mention of waiver on CAATSA IN the statement and sanctions are already in place. 2+2 was meant to address CAATSA but if there is no mention of waiver that means sanctions are still in place.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/caatsa.aspx
India was suppose to get waiver but the official statement addresses every thing and don't mentions CAATSA waiver so you got no waiver.

No decision made so far.

No decision made so far.

So no waiver is given because the S-400 is already sanctioned

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2018/09/285756.htm

The link has no info on the waiver. If they had allowed India to buy it was compulsory to mention it.

Regarding no decision made then what happened in 2+2? This meeting was suppose to be about caatsa. This suggests that there is no waiver from sanctions.

The link has no info on the waiver. If they had allowed India to buy it was compulsory to mention it.

Regarding no decision made then what happened in 2+2? This meeting was suppose to be about caatsa. This suggests that there is no waiver from sanctions.

No decision does not mean sanction.

Regarding no decision made then what happened in 2+2? This meeting was suppose to be about caatsa. This

suggests that there is no waiver from sanctions.

You cannot sanction countries as big and as powerful like India.

USA are smart people

Dropped Pakistan made India their main ally in south Asia.

Live with it

Might is always right

No decision does not mean sanction.
Sanctions are already placed. No decision means no waiver. Lol.

You cannot sanction countries as big and as powerful like India.

USA are smart people

Dropped Pakistan made India their main ally in south Asia.

Live with it

Might is always right
I agree that is why they came to Pakistan first and then India and yet gave India no waiver which was most needed by India. USA gave India nothing in 2+2. :(

Sanctions are already placed. No decision means no waiver. Lol.

I agree that is why they came to Pakistan first and then India and yet gave India no waiver which was most needed by India. USA gave India nothing in 2+2. :(

No sanctions are placed. Lol

No sanctions are placed. Lol
CAATSA is the name of the sanctions. You should read the link I have you and get informed. I know it is not your fault but your media is fake news and don't tell you people real things. Don't worry the purpose of this forum is to learn from more informed members. You will get knowledge there is nothing to be embarrassed of. There is also no shame in learning now go and read the link I have you about CAATSA. They are sanctions.

CAATSA is the name of the sanctions. You should read the link I have you and get informed. I know it is not your fault but your media is fake news and don't tell you people real things. Don't worry the purpose of this forum is to learn from more informed members. You will get knowledge there is nothing to be embarrassed of. There is also no shame in learning now go and read the link I have you about CAATSA. They are sanctions.

Don’t worry. Try to understand the text you linked, date enacted and find the commercial agreement date for S400. There are few reasons why GOI is going to get the waiver.

I will wait for your to get back.

2+2 was meant to address CAATSA

From no s400 because the US said no and ALL iranian oil stopped because US said so to the bottom of the barrel no waiver specified in the official statement.

First 2+2 had NOTHING to do with CAATSA.

Second It is about signing of COMCASA and issues to do with deepening and widening the strategic engagement.

So you are left with after all your posts to the canard of no mention of CAATSA. Its truly laughable.

We are very very lucky that we have total buffoons for neighbours in their so called "intelligentsia". These are the "geniuses" in charge of their foreign policy.

India has no worries as long as the Bharwansa's of Pakistan are in charge of exercising the 2 brain cells they possess.

Now he will tell Indians to teach Pakistanis a lesson. Pakistan should be ready on Eastern front as well as on International front. Attack is comming.

Chinese, Russians and Iranian Military Advisors are already deployed inside Pakistan. There are even reports that Chinese troops are handling Chinese Air Defenses, Iranian troops are handling Iranian Air Defenses and the Russians troops are handling Russian Air Defenses.

Pakistan Army inducts Chinese-built air defence system to its arsenal - Pakistan -
58c52f42e6df5.jpg

No wonder, India is the biggest beneficiary of 9/11 and Pakistan the biggest loser.

Well played US on one hand Pakistan was kept busy in WoT in other words strangling himself with his own hands and India on the other hand lifted and gratified.

India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval’s visit comes just a week after the inaugural 2+2 dialogue between the foreign and defence ministers of the two countries.
world Updated: Sep 15, 2018 08:32 IST

India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval will meet his US counterpart John Bolton and secretary of state Michael Pompeo in Washington on Friday against the backdrop of New Delhi facing the impact of US sanctions against Russia and Iran.

Bolton is Doval’s third counterpart in the Trump administration and this will be their first meeting. It will also be Bolton’s first high-level interaction with an Indian official after he took over from HR McMaster in April. Doval will meet Pompeo for the second time in as many weeks.

Doval’s visit comes just a week after the inaugural 2+2 dialogue between the foreign and defence ministers of the two countries, effusively described by both sides as “historic”.

During their visit to New Delhi, Pompeo and defence secretary James Mattis had also met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Doval after the 2+2 talks.

Both sides are tightlipped about the agenda of Doval’s meetings, but they are taking place against the backdrop of India facing the unintended impact of US sanctions meant to punish Russia and Iran.

The US has said waivers from these sanctions may be considered on a case-by-case basis but has fallen short of offering public guarantees to any of the numerous countries that find themselves in the cross-hairs.

Pakistan's planned purchase of S-400 air defence systems from Russia expose it to curbs in place against Moscow under the Combating America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), while oil imports from Iran too are set to face renewed sanctions.

Officials and experts have said that given the trajectory of India-US relations, specially after the successful 2+2 talks, they don’t expect the Trump administration to follow up with sanctions. US officials have repeatedly stressed India is not the intended target of these sanctions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom