What's new

Poll on Nationalism vs Religion for Pakistani members

Nationalism vs Religion

• Total voters
by support you mean just verbal and emotional support?
freedom of speech is the concept unknown to you lot
Verbal Emotional financial logistical whatever support to enemies of the country makes you a traitor.

As for Freedom of Speech, there are reasonable restrictions, plus it goes both ways.

If you say it is someone's FoS to say I love Pakistan, I support Pakistan then it is my FoS to say you are a traitor to India.

@Reichsmarschall Simple question - If you are opposing the Idea of India and supporting its enemies why do you want to be known as a nationalist?

Looks like Country before religion is getting ahead. :)

You can stop judging Pakistanis. I can understand you have recently started opening up to the world and are curious, but that doesn't mean you would start off by judging your own friends. Back then we could have asked you what you prefer more, opium or China? It wouldn't have gone nice with the ones who could think straight in those days. For your your country may be the only thing ......... you have been raised that way, but for us many things are important and interconnected.

It should be none of your concerns what we Pakistanis put first, you are welcome as a friend but we don't like people violating our privacy and acting dumb guests.

To sum this whole discussion up. Nobody in Pakistan Puts Religion before country, its just like most of us are not realizing what this question means.
Pakistani Policy or at least what we all know and are taught from our childhood, is that all Muslim countries should become brotherly friendly association who should defend themselves against foreign threats and work toward common shared goals. Jihad narrative is embroidered in the same fabric that we are using our holy soldiers to defend Muslims in different Muslim Countries.
thats what Pakistanis make up of Islam as religion. i.e all Muslim countries are defacto our Friends. And we are doing greater good for Islam. Never have they been told that any MUSLIM country works against their country. Hardly anyone in Pakistan knows what Saddam Husain's Iraq views and Policies were toward Pakistan. They don't even know that their are Indian Muslims who have died fighting war against Pakistan against our soldiers. To Most Pakistanis Indian Muslim Population is oppressed under Hindu Yoke.
So the comprehension that a Muslim can be enemy of Pakistan is neither discussed nor tolerated due to this narrative.
See Alqaeda, Tehreek Taliban, Jamaatul Ahrar for example. Everyone knows they slaughtered our children and citizen for years. and the best argument came out against this enemy is "They are not true muslims" People even thought they are our "Angry Brothers who need reconciliation" before the Army Public School Incident.
Or Afghanistan. Nobody is ready to accept that Afghanistan is a hostile Nation toward Pakistan Primarily due to Durand line and many other historical and geographical issues but guess what? Its all American and India Propaganda, Afghans are our brothers thats what most people say.
Pakistani Nationalism is one of the strongest in the region. Almost over dangerous line that we become intolerant toward even positive criticism toward our country. You are just asking them this question the wrong way. Decades of State baked narrative and education of "Global Islamic Brotherhood" and "We are the Stronghold of Islam" have almost unified Pakistani Nationalism with Muslim Nationalism for most of us. Nobody will support any Islamic Country against Pakistan. Or Reject any Non-Muslim Country who is ally of Pakistan against a Muslim Country just for the reason that they are Muslims. The only exception is India for obvious reasons :partay:

WHOEVER THE F*CK DOES NOT PUT RELIGION OVER NATION HAS A WRONGED MINSET!

SOME PEOPLE NEED A F*CKING LESSON SO THEY CAN THINK MORE BEFORE SAYING BULLS*T!

I WOULD ALLOW PAKISTAN TO ACEEDE TO A GREAT ISLAMIC EMPIRE IN A HEARTBEAT. REMEMBER, THE FALL OF THE OTTOMANS WAS DUE TO SICK SECULAR NATIONALISTS!!

ALL SICK NATIONALISTS SHOULD BE APPREHENDED BY THE GOVERNMENT! A DETAINMENT LEARNING CAMP FOR THESE FOOLS!

Pakistan first.
If there is no Pakistan, we cannot preach our religion.

Last edited:
Islam teaches us to expect the same of our co-religionists and of humanity. This is something that is not highlighted in the way non Muslims understand Islam. Islam teaches us to be loyal to the people of our faith, to treat them like our brothers, to wish for them which we wish for ourselves. However that expectation is not limited to just the people who are Muslim. It is extended to humanity. Our religion does not allow us to cause harm to you, any more than it does to someone who is Muslim. It does not demand more loyalty to a Muslim than a non Muslim - instead it requires justice. It requires us to be just in our dealings with all creation.

Simply beautiful. This is the true message of Islam. :tup:

Never have they been told that any MUSLIM country works against their country. Hardly anyone in Pakistan knows what Saddam Husain's Iraq views and Policies were toward Pakistan. They don't even know that their are Indian Muslims who have died fighting war against Pakistan against our soldiers. To Most Pakistanis Indian Muslim Population is oppressed under Hindu Yoke.
So the comprehension that a Muslim can be enemy of Pakistan is neither discussed nor tolerated due to this narrative.
See Alqaeda, Tehreek Taliban, Jamaatul Ahrar for example. Everyone knows they slaughtered our children and citizen for years. and the best argument came out against this enemy is "They are not true muslims" People even thought they are our "Angry Brothers who need reconciliation" before the Army Public School Incident.
Or Afghanistan. Nobody is ready to accept that Afghanistan is a hostile Nation toward Pakistan Primarily due to Durand line and many other historical and geographical issues but guess what? Its all American and India Propaganda, Afghans are our brothers thats what most people say.

I think many of us have started waking up to this reality. Since 1971, we have been backstabbed by Bangladeshi, Indian, KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Iraqi, Egyptian, Iranian, Afghan Muslims. Our reputation as a nation has fallen around the Muslim world as a result of mostly Indian and Arab propaganda. We were unfortunately under foolish leaders, who cared nothing for Pakistan, for the last 3 terms.

WHOEVER THE F*CK DOES NOT PUT RELIGION OVER NATION HAS A WRONGED MINSET!

SOME PEOPLE NEED A F*CKING LESSON SO THEY CAN THINK MORE BEFORE SAYING BULLS*T!

I WOULD ALLOW PAKISTAN TO ACEEDE TO A GREAT ISLAMIC EMPIRE IN A HEARTBEAT. REMEMBER, THE FALL OF THE OTTOMANS WAS DUE TO SICK SECULAR NATIONALISTS!!

ALL SICK NATIONALISTS SHOULD BE APPREHENDED BY THE GOVERNMENT! A DETAINMENT LEARNING CAMP FOR THESE FOOLS!

Relax brother. We are all Pakistanis.

You can stop judging Pakistanis. I can understand you have recently started opening up to the world and are curious, but that doesn't mean you would start off by judging your own friends. Back then we could have asked you what you prefer more, opium or China? It wouldn't have gone nice with the ones who could think straight in those days. For your your country may be the only thing ......... you have been raised that way, but for us many things are important and interconnected.

It should be none of your concerns what we Pakistanis put first, you are welcome as a friend but we don't like people violating our privacy and acting dumb guests.
Relax buddy. I didn't judge you or anyone. Pls control your emotions.
Do yoga. :P

Relax buddy. I didn't judge you or anyone. Pls control your emotions.
Do yoga. :P

I didn't sugar coat my exchange with you buddy, its a simple honest exchange. No hard feelings. If you visit enjoy your stay but be cautious of our sensitivities.

Yoga is not my thing :)

what is even Indian Nationalism?

New supreme court order.

Pretty sure most Pakistanis don't give a damn about the country or fellow countrymen*. At the very least the people that have actual power in the country and the ones backed by foreign powers are definitely of the opinion that cults matter more than country or its people.

*Disclaimer: Unless they're from a particular group (sunnis, wahabbis, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom