What's new

Poll on Nationalism vs Religion for Pakistani members

Nationalism vs Religion

• Total voters
Pakistan was created in the name of Islam so naturally its religion before country! and the whole exsistance of Pakistan is based on Islam without Islam Pakistan is another piece of land with no identity!
so Islam before Pakistan!

and nationalism has no place in Islam!

Look bro, I have no bad agenda. All I wanted to understand Pakistanis more. If people have got the wrong notion about me then I deeply apologize.
I hope you'll understand my stand too.

I didn't sugar coat my exchange with you buddy, its a simple honest exchange. No hard feelings. If you visit enjoy your stay but be cautious of our sensitivities.

Yoga is not my thing :)
Thanks for understanding.

I am more surprised as many Pakistanis put country before religion. But in a good way. I wanted to understand them more.

You have to understand the demographics of PDF are different than Pakistan, as a country.

You will find more nationalistic types here by proportion, just like how you will find them in social media.

Secular liberal Pakistanis or Secular nationalist Pakistanis are over represented here.

Our country is still devoutly religious, for the most part. We have a lot of activism and energy for Islam (and social justice.) This is how a religious nationalist justice party (PTI) came into power.

You have to understand the demographics of PDF are different than Pakistan, as a country.

You will find more nationalistic types here by proportion, just like how you will find them in social media.

Secular liberal Pakistanis or Secular nationalist Pakistanis are over represented here.

Our country is still devoutly religious, for the most part. We have a lot of activism and energy for Islam (and social justice.) This is how a religious nationalist justice party (PTI) came into power.
Yes, I concur with your post.
I suppose there are more educated Pakistani national here and probably quite a lot of them from overseas. If I am correct, our own webmaster isn't even in Pakistani as we speak.
Probably @waz as well. :D

more educated Pakistani national here

I would not necessarily call liberal or seculars more educated. Actually this is very offensive.

They have a different idea of Pakistan than most Pakistanis, but are still our own people.

In Pakistan, religious or secular is not necessarily related to education, but cultural outlook and adoption of Western culture.

its more like hate for Indias neighboring countries
India has 7 neighbouring countries Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Srilanka

I just named Pakistan no other countries. So how did you conclude hatred for neighbors

Pakistan was founded on the basis of Islam. Pakistan and Islam are mutual to most of us. We are not dogs of the west like some other Muslim countries or secularist countries with majority Muslim population. We take pride in our religion and our country. That is our identity.

So Iraq, Libya, Syria and 80's Afghanistan were dogs of the West??

Or did I read your post wrongly??

It is so because Muslim all over the world are becoming more conservative each day

That I agree.

There are more burqas and mosque attendances now than in the past.

Or you could make the more direct conclusion. Education is inversely related to religiosity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom