What's new

Polaris Industries receives first order for Indian Army

:azn: knock offs of what? its a snowmobile,a boat,an ATV all combined into 1 badass vehicle.. on topic... india has vehicle manufacturers ... cant they produce even a simple ATV?

I dont think there will be much customers for ATV here besides the Military.. I think that is the main reason no one is bothered about making an ATV

IDF has a standard :what:

Much better than you can imagine!!:azn:

I dont think there will be much customers for ATV here besides the Military.. I think that is the main reason no one is bothered about making an ATV

With respect, seeing the kind of enthusiasm there is for off-roading in India, I'd have to disagree. Naturally these kind of toys have been mostly out of reach for most Indians in the past. But times are changing now and I definitely see the civilian ATV market in India taking off in the future.

Should have bought it from Pakistan:

argo_off-road_amphibious_vehicle_ideas_2008_international_defence_exhibition_pakistan_karachi_003.jpg

The Argo off-road amphibious vehicle from the Pakistani Company PAK ARGO:
The Pakistani Company PAK Argo showed at IDEAS 2008, the off-road amphibious vehicle Argo. Designed for those who truly appreciate the great outdoors, the amphibious ARGO is the ideal off-road vehicle for airborne units or support unit for the transport o equipment to the battlefield. ARGO allows the military unit to travel with ease through the toughest condition imaginable, over rugged terrain, hills, water, deep snow and ice. The ARGO is also amphibious, and can be used in all season. The ARGO combines many of the advantages you get from a snowmobile, 4X4 ATV, 6x6 UTV and a small boat. The ARGO is available in 6x6 and 8x8 configurations. The vehicle can carried 4 people on land, 2 people on water for the 4x4 version, and 6 people on land 4 people on water for the 8x8 version.

:)

Just so you know, there is nothing Pakistani about this ATV.

Its made by the ARGO, Canada. Not the Pakistani tractor manufacturer.

800px-700HD-EU-main.jpg

ARGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:azn: knock offs of what? its a snowmobile,a boat,an ATV all combined into 1 badass vehicle.. on topic... india has vehicle manufacturers ... cant they produce even a simple ATV?

Product engineering and management is based on economic order quanitity, there is next to none domestic market for atv's in India, and doesn't mandate auto manufacturers to produce any lines for ATV's. Same goes for super bikes, super cars, v8 pickup trucks etc.

Military orders aren't huge enough for such products to mandate addidtional product lines, neither are they such critical hardware that there is a request from the military to D-PSU's to manufacture this product which is the case in tanks, APC's etc.

But just because something is Indian, doesn't mean we should buy it.

I don't see Pakistanis driving this indigenous Pakistani car?

sitara.jpg
It has nothing to do with beingbpatriot its more inhouse production, techonolgy transfer, encouraging local manufacturers, support service for a longer period and cost effective
Talking about the picture than my friend you will be amazed to see the project / kit cars we have here, here in twin cities we have sheer number of kit cars built as part of project by enginnering students, which they now drive daily

We do, and they are in the fray as well. If they do well in the trials they ll be bought.

909531d1333185217-maini-group-launch-tomcar-india-tm2_gallery_087.jpg

909532d1333185217-maini-group-launch-tomcar-india-tm4_gallery_035.jpg

But just because something is Indian, doesn't mean we should buy it.

I don't see Pakistanis driving this indigenous Pakistani car?

Thats an israeli TOMCAR...and only RWD... :lol:

Nope coz they are still driving these:

044225.2-lg.jpg

b9gc36.jpg

30djp8l.jpg

35kmt7c.jpg

ogzww3.jpg

With respect, seeing the kind of enthusiasm there is for off-roading in India, I'd have to disagree. Naturally these kind of toys have been mostly out of reach for most Indians in the past. But times are changing now and I definitely see the civilian ATV market in India taking off in the future.

May be it is because I am from South India, I do see much market is there for ATV's in our places.. Mainly because people are not adventureus enough.. May be I am wrong.. I am like a frog in a well who never ventured outside Kerala other than 2-3 days trip to Chennai or Vizag :)

You gave a statement and i raised a valid question i do not see whats the problem with it?
Coming back to the topic
Is this particular particular manufacturer providing anything to IDF apart from this?

See post #19 Roybot has provided some details. Hope it will be helpful to you.

IDF takes much time to analyse product thoroughly. Be it climate, terrain, performance etc
For that need to gather info throughout the year and analyse.

So, it will give you some idea about IDF standards how professional they are?

See post #19 Roybot has provided some details. Hope it will be helpful to you.

IDF takes much time to analyse product thoroughly. Be it climate, terrain, performance etc
For that need to gather info throughout the year and analyse.

So, it will give you some idea about IDF standards how professional they are?

I dont see him saying anything about it?
So polaris will be built under license?

Back
Top Bottom