What's new

POF GR3, PK8 and PK7

I LOVE these informative videos by Salman. He's walking encyclopedia on POF's projects and capabilities.

@Bilal. please combine his entire series into one thread. Let's see where he goes from here. I would like to see some stress tests on the latest BW-21 etc weapons.

Also, so far, we haven't seen any tests of accuracy. What is the accuracy of an unused weapon? And how does accuracy deteriorate over time with use? Also, how about stress tests with weapon pulled out of mud?

Then, I would like to see videos showing the penetration power of the various calibers. Normal targets, as well as bullet proof vests.

IF ammo is not problem why roller delay why not gas operated please defend that also because i see recoil is huge with zero stability
G-3 uses 7.62 x 51 or 7.62 x 39
As per salman POF is manufacturing only 5.56 and 7.62 x 39 then who is producing 7.62 x 51 for G-3?

Last edited:
IF ammo is not problem why roller delay why not gas operated please defend that also because i see recoil is huge with zero stability
As per salman POF is manufacturing only 5.56 and 7.62 x 39 then who is producing 7.62 x 51 for G-3?
POF produces 7.62x51 too.

G3 is 7.62 x 51 and POF has been producing the rounds for decades.

Salman Ali's point is that most (or all) modern 7.62x51 rifles have strong recoil. That's what you'll get when using a high-powered round like 7.62x51. So in the trials back in 2015-2016, the PA saw that the SCAR H, CZ, AMX-200, etc, all had this "issue" -- which isn't an issue at all, but a given in the design. So, recoil isn't the reason why the PA would replace the G-3, the new rifles are not much different. Rather, the focus would go into reducing the weight and making it more versatile. That's what POF's trying to do with the BW20 and BW21, but while also retaining the reliability and durability of the G-3.

Salman Ali's point is that most (or all) modern 7.62x51 rifles have strong recoil. That's what you'll get when using a high-powered round like 7.62x51. So in the trials back in 2015-2016, the PA saw that the SCAR H, CZ, AMX-200, etc, all had this "issue" -- which isn't an issue at all, but a given in the design. So, recoil isn't the reason why the PA would replace the G-3, the new rifles are not much different. Rather, the focus would go into reducing the weight and making it more versatile. That's what POF's trying to do with the BW20 and BW21, but while also retaining the reliability and durability of the G-3.
Not sure , but I remember a conversation with soldiers at army firing range, back in 1990 when there was no terrorism and military bases were not walled fortresses. All were complaining about G3 heavy recoil and its adverse effects on accuracy.

Not sure , but I remember a conversation with soldiers at army firing range, back in 1990 when there was no terrorism and military bases were not walled fortresses. All were complaining about G3 heavy recoil and its adverse effects on accuracy.
I hear you, but Salman Ali's point is that the recoil issue has to do with it using 7.62x51. It's not an issue with the G3 in itself, but the round. So, if the recoil is a problem, you need to switch to a different caliber, such as 7.62x39.

IMO...seeing how the PA bought VT4s when it had al-Khalid, or how PAF sought J-10CE when it had JF-17, I now honestly think the PA would've ordered SCAR H or SiG-Sauer if the G3 was genuinely not good as a battle rifle. I don't think there's any weird pro-G3 propaganda happening.

Back
Top Bottom