What's new

PIA gets first woman captain

Thunder

Reaction score
PIA gets first woman captain :blush: :PakistanFlag:

By Our Staff Reporter

KARACHI, Oct 31: Ayesha Rabia Naveed has become the first woman captain of a commercial aeroplane in Pakistan. According to a press release issued by the Pakistan Airline Pilots’ Association (PALPA) here on Monday, Ms Ayesha Rabia Naveed has become the first woman captain of a commercial plane after flying a PIA aeroplane on Oct 21.

Ms Ayesha has been with the PIA for more than 15 years. During her career, she has flown Fokker, Boeing 737, Airbus 300, and Boeing 747 as a co-pilot. She has experience of more than 6,000 flying hours. She was promoted on Fokker for command as per the company policy. She did her training and flew her first command flight on Oct 21 this year on the Karachi-Turbat-Gwadar-Karachi sector.

Dawn

Good stuff! Its actually good to see that women rights are improving. If they want to have rights they actually have to take it! It can't be made without them trying.

I would like all the women to start working and actually do something with Islamic rules.

lolzz.. i saw women driving the car... hope she don't fly the planes in that manner!!

wtf did anyone other than me notice this thread is from 2005 and is only getting most replies now lol

lolzz.. i saw women driving the car... hope she don't fly the planes in that manner!!

Back in 2006, I traveled from Islamabad to Quetta and she was the captain of the plane.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when she said "I am your Captain.....", But she was a pro!

Good for her great to see women are being given the chance to prove them selves amongst men!

Good stuff! Its actually good to see that women rights are improving. If they want to have rights they actually have to take it! It can't be made without them trying.

I would like all the women to start working and actually do something with Islamic rules.

You do know that the first female fighter pilot in the world was from Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom