What's new

Phase-I of F-Insas to be ready for induction by 2011

It is the simple fact that we are going into the right path with all the defence procruments is important. Now the long standing aim of getting something for the foot soldiers has taken pace......
The new decade is going to be completely a benifit for our armed forces.

India has given up on making its own rifle and plans to buy and replace INSAS.
Its not possible...India will develop rifle with the help of Israelis although i think the process is stuck. We are buying Rifles for our special forces. Replacing INSAS from direct purchase from a foreign company would be too expensive because of the size of our army.

Also recent news said ballistic helmets and bullet proof jackets for the common Indian soldiers.
Yeah thats true...But in that also we will buy 35-45% and rest will be build through licensed production in our ordinance factories.

Its not possible...India will develop rifle with the help of Israelis although i think the process is stuck. We are buying Rifles for our special forces. Replacing INSAS from direct purchase from a foreign company would be too expensive because of the size of our army.

Yeah thats true...But in that also we will buy 35-45% and rest will be build through licensed production in our ordinance factories.

Indian Army Scouts For F-INSAS Assault Rifle

As part of the Indian Army's phased future infantry soldier as a system (F-INSAS) programme to create a fully integrated infantry soldier, Army HQ has floated requirements for a new assault rifle that will, potentially, be license-built in large numbers. A questionaire provided with RFI points to what the Army is looking for in its new ambidextrous assault rifle:

The Army has put down its preference for a modular assault rifle with changeable multiple caliber barrels to support 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, 6.8x43mm and 6.5 Grendel rounds. The rifle needs to have an integrated sighting system that includes a luminous tipped flip-up iron sight, telescopic sight and a holographic reflex sight with a visible laser illuminator. It clearly wants an advanced under-barrel grenade launcher with a standalone firing mode governed by a multipurpose fire control system.

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/12/indian-army-scouts-for-f-insas-assault.html

These are US Army special forces (Delta Force):
us-sot.jpg

navy-seals.jpg

images

images

Indian army Special Forces and Rashtriya Rifles
acswu0.jpg

29895815.jpg

54647022.jpg

2e502gl.jpg

5poccm.jpg

fmq6ma.jpg

1474_armyops1.jpg

24074_105847572768421_100000295351208_151098_6611215_n.jpg

They are also getting deadlier and deadlier. Are these new induction part of FINSAS ? If not I really hope our Army's Special forces be equipped like US or UK Army special forces soon.

Last edited:
so what are you trying to prove?
Nothing.... I just told they are getting lethal and lethal and asked a simple question seeing the modernization in the army, Are these new induction part of FINSAS ?

Are you really Indian ??/ If you are one more Pakistani who likes Indian flag on its profile, then I have one answer : Man go away, its not meant to offend you in any way. These soldiers are doing the same job as your soldiers are doing.

Last edited:
These are US Army special forces (Delta Force):
us-sot.jpg

navy-seals.jpg

images

images

the 1st photo is of green berets,the 2nd one are SEALS,the last 2 maybe delta,all delta photos have blurred/hidden faces
delta,devgru are the most secretive us special forces units.

the 1st photo is of green berets,the 2nd one are SEALS,the last 2 maybe delta,all delta photos have blurred/hidden faces
2nd one i agree but i don't know about first, I just saw it on net. My point was how well equipped are the US special forces.

Last edited:
from communications to weapons american SF are very well equipped.also i said in a thread that many private firms do R&D specially for SF units there,the SF tests them and if they say yes this is a useful weapon it is inducted in small or large numbers,in almost all SF the operator has a choice of which weapon and in what configuration(kind of scope,sights,grids)he wants to carry.almost all good SF units as far as weapons are concerned are almost equal,technology gap comes in communication devices and other forms of support for eg. in tora bora delta's had the communication and air support to a level if they wanted air support they'd have it in 20 minutes.

coming to the photos the first one is a natgeo photo of the green berets,in afghanistan AFAIK teams of delta's along with the SAS/SBS were all in plain clothes and grew beards and wore afghan hats to look a little afghan and blend in,no matter what the world says about them they did a hell of a job in afghanistan specially in the battle of tora bora in dec 2001 were they were some 800m around bin laden on the peaks but laden escaped as some of their good tactics got dissaproved.

also now after 26/11 as far as weaponry goes and other stuff like NVG,sights and all indian SF(MARCOS and para)are as well equipped as the israeli's.

also notice in the 1st photo the 2nd one from the left is using an M14 a very old rifle hence in SF its all about which weapon you adapt best to

looking at the tender i dont think its the army's request but more of DOD as no rifle can change that many caliber's ,FN SCAR can change to 5.56 or NATO 7.62
still this are my choices

1) caliber change one - FN SCAR
2)multiple roles - LWRC SABR(7.62 NATO not to be confused with 7.62 x 39)
3) only 5.56 - HK 416
4) for 6.8 ammo - LWRC PSD,lwrc M6A1

looking at the tender i think tavor is to become the standard rifle for indian SF just like the insas in normal infantry regiments

also all the rifles are going to be imported ,only the ammo will be produced by OFB,even in tavor its only the CQB version the zittara produced here(zittara accepts indigenous 5.56 x 30 MINSAS round the same for the MSMC )

para SF is using the assault rifle version of tavor, all imported ones.

Nothing.... I just told they are getting lethal and lethal and asked a simple question seeing the modernization in the army, Are these new induction part of FINSAS ?

Are you really Indian ??/ If you are one more Pakistani who likes Indian flag on its profile, then I have one answer : Man go away, its not meant to offend you in any way. These soldiers are doing the same job as your soldiers are doing.
First don't ever call me Pakistani. You just ruined my day. Second I thought you were trying to show Indian paras are inferior to the yanks. I am a big skeptic about Indian military, but I still deeply respect them as many of my family members are in the navy and army... Third are those pataka helmets very good at protecting the soldier?

Back
Top Bottom