What's new

Phase-I of F-Insas to be ready for induction by 2011

Its nice to see private firms like TATA has actively participate in this project..it will help meet the deadline to a certain extent :victory:

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Army chief signals long-drawn offensive
Army chief signals long-drawn offensive
LCD on new INSAS for cornershot

Interesting, but it seems to have been rejected(there was apparently one variant of the INSAS Rifle rejected during its first trial). As the are is after a new corner shot system.

Phase 1 of the F-INSAS program involves a new weapons system(gun).
Hopefully bulp-up, which can be adjusted for both left handed and Right handed soldiers. As well as a range finder Air busting grenade attachment.

Interesting, but it seems to have been rejected(there was apparently one variant of the INSAS Rifle rejected during its first trial). As the are is after a new corner shot system.

Phase 1 of the F-INSAS program involves a new weapons system(gun).
Hopefully bulp-up, which can be adjusted for both left handed and Right handed soldiers. As well as a range finder Air busting grenade attachment.

I don't hope so gogbot, the rejected variant was a bull-pup ! :) It could be a cost effective alternative to Corner-Shot which costs between 4000$-6000$.

^rejected variant

Last edited:
The new multi caliber individual weapon system for Insas might look similiar to xm-25 and K11. There have been reports of two types of next generation infantry rifle under development in cooperation with Israel.

8fb80816737110aa4f89866be18be9ce.jpg
4eb5a42e628e568df7cd71047c81c917.jpg

Specifications:

*Multi caliber individual weapon (5.56 mm, a 7.62 mm and a new 6.8 mm) with fourth caliber attached to a grenade launcher.

*UBGL capable of launching air burst grenades.

*Thermal weapon sight and laser range finder.

*GPS location information, allows the soldier to call for indirect fire.

The new multi caliber individual weapon system for Insas might look similiar to xm-25 and K11. There have been reports of two types of next generation infantry rifle under development in cooperation with Israel.

Specifications:

*Multi caliber individual weapon (5.56 mm, a 7.62 mm and a new 6.8 mm) with fourth caliber attached to a grenade launcher.

I certainly hope this will be the case.

We have an opportunity to induct a 21st century Service rifle.
IA should capitalize on this and get a robust and lethal system.

The new French rifle in development seems to be a sign of things to come.

PAPOP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully we can incorporate some of the new technology into a Solid system.

The weapons sub-system is built around a multi caliber individual weapon system with the fourth caliber attached to a grenade launcher. These include a 5.56 mm, a 7.62 mm and a new 6.8 mm under-development for the first time in India. The UBGL (Under Barrel Grenade Launcher) will be capable of launching air bursting grenade. The sub-system includes a thermal weapon sight and laser range finder to provide the soldier with range and direction information. The Global Positioning System (GPS) location information, allows the soldier can call for indirect fire accurately. There are two types of next generation infantry rifle under development in cooperation with Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Specifications:

Has anyone got any new updates about this project? What kind of body armour are they planning to have?

Has anyone got any new updates about this project? What kind of body armour are they planning to have?

The body armor is not part of the first phase of the project.

Phase 1 only involves a new weapons system

I hope , i will get it in my Field posting although it will be for infantry strictly but on a mission Doctor has dual responsibility - Keeping the troops and combat as well .:cheers:

Any progress on FINSAS. I thought DRDO was developing the rifle for that with the help of Israel but i disturbing article on the net. It stated that :

Meanwhile, the OFB has planned a project to make future INSAS rifles in collaboration with Israel. But the project is now stuck as the Israeli partner is blacklisted by the Ministry of Defence following the arrest of a former OFB chief on charges of corruption.

Also now news indicates first phase of FINSAS will be ready by 2012. I think we should just start to induct whatever is ready for our soldier. I am curious who is handling the dress and bullet-proof jackets ??/

I recently heard reports that army is looking for jackets. In my opinion if we ultimately wanted to buy the jackets from a foreign vendor for FINSAS, then this could have done in 2003 when this concept was first discussed.

Any progress on FINSAS. I thought DRDO was developing the rifle for that with the help of Israel but i disturbing article on the net. It stated that :

Also now news indicates first phase of FINSAS will be ready by 2012. I think we should just start to induct whatever is ready for our soldier. I am curious who is handling the dress and bullet-proof jackets ??/

I recently heard reports that army is looking for jackets. In my opinion if we ultimately wanted to buy the jackets from a foreign vendor for FINSAS, then this could have done in 2003 when this concept was first discussed.

India has given up on making its own rifle and plans to buy and replace INSAS.

Also recent news said ballistic helmets and bullet proof jackets for the common Indian soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom