What's new

Phase-I of F-Insas to be ready for induction by 2011

cool seeing RR with tavors impressed me,for now i believe GOI is serious with deployment of tavors.
The more our men get familiar with future weapons, the deadlier they will be when the time comes calling.

cool seeing RR with tavors impressed me,for now i believe GOI is serious with deployment of tavors.
The more our men get familiar with future weapons, the deadlier they will be when the time comes calling.

the condition after 26/11 is such that if para sf,MARCOS,garuds,NSG feel such a thing is important and needed to combat terror they are getting it.:taz:

Any Fair Idea What this is??

ddn14loc-p4-c-3-1_1216094961.jpg

:rofl: Some of the guys putting NBC suit as a option were really funny...just look at the suit guys..its open at the neck,under the helmet and it is not air tight and water proof...how can it be NBC suit???

That thing is for HALO which stands for High Altitude Low Opening..if they dont used the oxygen cyclinders it will result in hypoxia and will be unable to open their parachute.

Last edited:
I don't know whether you guys have heard about it...
Israeli arms give CRPF the edge in Jangalmahal

KOLKATA: The Army's special forces were the first to receive them. It was then the turn of security personnel in J&K. Finally, CRPF personnel operating in Maoist-infested Lalgarh have got access to sophisticated weapons imported from Israel.

Senior officials believe that the 5.56mm Tavor guns, manufactured by Israel Weapon Industries Ltd (IWI), will give their men that much-needed edge over the guerrillas who use the terrain to their advantage. The INSAS, AK-47 or 7.62 mm SLR used by the CRPF till now have not proved to be too effective in close quarter battles (CQB). Indian ordnance factories have been trying to come up with an effective solution, but their latest products have not yet cleared field trials by the armed forces.

In 2009, Union home minister P Chidambaram cleared the procurement of 10,147 assault rifles from IWI in a `144-crore deal. The defence ministry had also imported similar weapons for use by its special forces.

"The INSAS is a good weapon for an infantry soldier. However, it is too cumbersome for personnel involved in counter-insurgency operations. The AK-47s are easier to carry, but are not accurate enough. The weapons imported from Israel are not only accurate and lightweight, they also have a rate of fire to match the AK-47s. They are ideally suited for the CQB environment when personnel have only a spilt second to react," an official said.

Fitted with special sights, it doesn't take long to aim the Israeli guns before firing. Unlike the AK-47s and SLRs, these weapons use 5.56mm ammunition, similar to the INSAS. Platoons no longer have to carry different types of ammunition.

"These are ambidextrous weapons that can be used with both hands. They have integral reflex sights that allows a jawan to aim with both eyes open. They are good for both day and night operations," the official said.

According to experts in the defence ministry, the Israeli weapons are unlike anything that have been used by Indian troops. These are the only weapons that have the characteristic 'Bull Pup' design. This design makes these weapons extremely useful for special forces and troops involved in counter-insurgency the world over.

"Unlike weapons used by Indian forces so far, these guns have their magazines behind the trigger. As a result, the centre of gravity is to the rear and the barrels point upward even when the weapons are not in use. In case of emergency, it is far easier to bring the barrel down and fire the weapons. In other rifles, the barrels have a tendency to point downward," an Army officer involved in the training of special forces said.

I seriously doubt this can stop an AK-A7 round.

BULLET-PROOF-PATKA.jpg

Maybe this is better?

dsc00330g.jpg

dsc00331lk.jpg

dsc00340cu.jpg

Buddy, let me make you absolutely clear about armours... Have you even seen how big a 7.62 round is, which is used in AK-47s, which in-turn is used by the Terrorists.... Believe it or not, it is capable of penetrating through most parts of a helicopter and you are expecting it to not pass through some "cool" looking Ballistic Helmet?????

Ballistic Helmet means its made up of Ballistic Materials like Kevlar, not that it would necessarily protect you from bullet rounds.... I'm quoting this because I've seen military experts show this.... He fired at a German World War 2 Helmet and one at the modern US army Ballistic Helmet and guess what happened!!!!! The bullet made a bump(a big one actually) in the Helmet which won't kill you but live you capable of doing nothing for the rest of your life but on the contrary, the Ballistic Helmet got penetrated and the bullet also managed to exit out of the other end, which as we all know is an instant kill..........

Now, the question of Patka Vs Ballistic Helmet.... Patka loses out on the fact that it provides no rear or side protections yet its design enables better armoring because of the space created due its flat/cylindrical design as compared to the Ballistic Helmets swept/curved/hemispherical design....

So, no helmet can ensure you protection from an AK-47... Only you, wearing the right thing at the right time at the right place is your only hope....

Even if you see companies claiming and showing videos of their Product's Toughness, or durability or bullet stopping capability, always remember that it was conducted in a simulated and controlled environment, whether they show it in a desert, or forest or anything.... Its kind of like your bike.... The manufacturer claims 90kmpl, yet it gives out only about 60-65kmpl... just the difference is that here, there is either life or death....

[Please Note- These Videos don't belong to me, so I cannot tell you anything about the conditions in which they took place... Yet, they help you have a basic idea regarding my statements made above...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy, let me make you absolutely clear about armours... Have you even seen how big a 7.62 round is, which is used in AK-47s, which in-turn is used by the Terrorists.... Believe it or not, it is capable of penetrating through most parts of a helicopter and you are expecting it to not pass through some "cool" looking Ballistic Helmet?????

Ballistic Helmet means its made up of Ballistic Materials like Kevlar, not that it would necessarily protect you from bullet rounds.... I'm quoting this because I've seen military experts show this.... He fired at a German World War 2 Helmet and one at the modern US army Ballistic Helmet and guess what happened!!!!! The bullet made a bump(a big one actually) in the Helmet which won't kill you but live you capable of doing nothing for the rest of your life but on the contrary, the Ballistic Helmet got penetrated and the bullet also managed to exit out of the other end, which as we all know is an instant kill..........

Now, the question of Patka Vs Ballistic Helmet.... Patka loses out on the fact that it provides no rear or side protections yet its design enables better armoring because of the space created due its flat/cylindrical design as compared to the Ballistic Helmets swept/curved/hemispherical design....

So, no helmet can ensure you protection from an AK-47... Only you, wearing the right thing at the right time at the right place is your only hope....

Even if you see companies claiming and showing videos of their Product's Toughness, or durability or bullet stopping capability, always remember that it was conducted in a simulated and controlled environment, whether they show it in a desert, or forest or anything.... Its kind of like your bike.... The manufacturer claims 90kmpl, yet it gives out only about 60-65kmpl... just the difference is that here, there is either life or death....

[Please Note- These Videos don't belong to me, so I cannot tell you anything about the conditions in which they took place... Yet, they help you have a basic idea regarding my statements made above...]

It was said here that the patka helmet can stop an ak round on the forehead area, which I don't believe. And maybe Ballistic helmets are better for the soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
indian armed forces will be much capable in future to beat pak.
eg-

army--
INDIA PAKISTAN

strength india leads.
weapons, artillery, missiles and other technology india leads
india will have FINSAS but pakistan ....normal.

air force--

INDIA PAKISTAN

FGFA-250 F16- 63
AMCA-250 J-10- 150
SUKHOI 30- 270 JF-17- 250
MMRCA- 126/200
MIG-29- 69
MIRAGE- 51
TEJAS- 220

NAVY--

NO NEED TO COMPARE.. SEE ON WIKIPEDIA INDIAN NAVY AND
ITS FUTURE EXPANSION..

Now coming to nukes..

If pak deploys all its nukes on India 40% india will be damaged..

BUT IF INDIA DOES SAME PAKISTAN WILL VANISH 4 TIMES..

Waiting for these three very eagerly...

PAD test
Agni-V test
F-INSAS induction

Any idea on F-INSAS? Why the high level of secrecy? I mean we barely know what the system will look like, what weapon is being developed or procured. There is lots of rumors going around of JV with Isreal and a 1,000,000 rifle purchse from abroad. Why hasn't DRDO said here's what we are doing, here's what it will look like and here's when it will be done. Instead we are left to speculate on the tiny rickle of information they occasionally share.

^^^
Yeah its rumored that 2 weapon system are developed by drdo in collaboration with israel but i think as usual there are delays and thats why we are not listening anything about this. We are working only on 2 things : (1) multi-Caliber Individual Weapon System (2) Air Bursting Grenade for Individual Weapon...

^^^
Yeah its rumored that 2 weapon system are developed by drdo in collaboration with israel but i think as usual there are delays and thats why we are not listening anything about this. We are working only on 2 things : (1) multi-Caliber Individual Weapon System (2) Air Bursting Grenade for Individual Weapon...

not to mention all the other non-weapon related stuff that makes up F-INSAS: HMDS, GPS, HAND-HELD COMPUTER,HEALTH MONITORING VEST, LIGHTWEIGHT BPJ ETC.

not to mention all the other non-weapon related stuff that makes up F-INSAS: HMDS, GPS, HAND-HELD COMPUTER,HEALTH MONITORING VEST, LIGHTWEIGHT BPJ ETC.

All are developed, they undergoing various stages of trial. Its the largest Indian defence project ever.

All are developed, they undergoing various stages of trial. Its the largest Indian defence project ever.
Seriuosly ? Any source ? Is there any indication of new bulletproof jacket with sensors being under trials also ? And what about DRDO-Israel multi-caliber assault rifle ? I thought it was delayed but if you have any info please share with us...

HMDS ???/ HMDS is also part of FINSAS ?/

sad but... our foot soldiers are most ignored in all sectors.... but these are the people who bring glory to us during war......

Back
Top Bottom