What's new

Pets

I always found Gala's annoying. Their singing gets old.

Sulphur Crested Cockatoos are very friendly and want to have fun. They can be loud too and attention demanding. Greys like to talk, not play so much. So be prepared to just talk to them.

African greys should be what you should go for... Cockatoos would probably end up tearing up all your furniture. African Greys don't do that normally.

Thanks for the info.

Also how much time do you think a gray, cockatoo or gallah needs outside its cage in a day? 2 hours would be fine for gray or gallah?

Thanks for the info.

Also how much time do you think a gray, cockatoo or gallah needs outside its cage in a day? 2 hours would be fine for gray or gallah?

As much as possible during day time. They like to be in the cage during night time and either the room should be completely dark at night time or the cage covered with a blanket.

As much as possible during day time. They like to be in the cage during night time and either the room should be completely dark at night time or the cage covered with a blanket.

One serious question, since was thinking of one. If they are kept free inside the house, can they be trained to take poops in certain parts? I do not want to be called every now and then and told your bird pooped on my favourite chair!

One serious question, since was thinking of one. If they are kept free inside the house, can they be trained to take poops in certain parts? I do not want to be called every now and then and told your bird pooped on my favourite chair!

They'll poop wherever they want to. They prefer to poop from a perched position. So you can set up perches around the house, they'll climb the perch and poop whenever the option is available. That will minimize it but they'll poop wherever from time to time. They'll mostly poop while perched on your shoulder dirtying the back of your shirt.

Dont know much about dogs.

had bought a small dog 4 or 5 months back and now he is giving alot of headach.

the breeding farm guy said it was German shepered but he doesnt look like one.

First he had some greyish blackish mix hair and now the as he is growing the new hair are light brown and cream color

:what:

Should their wings be clipped?

LoL yes primarily the American ones :omghaha: .
hahahahahaaa :azn::rofl:
i read his post and was trying hard to stop myself making any comment, glad you did it :D Hilarious!!! hahahahahaa
Ooy bahi you from Faisalabad?? kammal ke jugat ha :D

First he had some greyish blackish mix hair and now the as he is growing the new hair are light brown and cream color

he might be an Albino German Shepard :what:
:omghaha:

Should their wings be clipped?

I say no... Clipped wings make them a little more docile and agreeable. Sometimes when they are angry they try to intimidate you with their wings and clipped wings is also a good option to ensure they don't fly away... But I personally think that is their natural style so it should be encouraged. If you don't have experience its a good thing to do clip them a few times till you establish a bond.

Same with clipping nails. Also both should be done by someone with experience. There are blood vessels in the feathers and nails, so you want to cut off only the dead areas.

I say no... Clipped wings make them a little more docile and agreeable. Sometimes when they are angry they try to intimidate you with their wings and clipped wings is also a good option to ensure they don't fly away... But I personally think that is their natural style so it should be encouraged. If you don't have experience its a good thing to do clip them a few times till you establish a bond.

Same with clipping nails. Also both should be done by someone with experience. There are blood vessels in the feathers and nails, so you want to cut off only the dead areas.

But if the wings aren't clipped and it is out of its cage during the day, wouldn't it sneak out and fly away?

Could you post the pics, although there are different multicolor of dogs of the breed you pointed out german shepard has a different black golden/black dark brown, black greyish and brown colors, unless its mix breed like one of the dogs in the past that I owned was german shepard wolf cross breed greyish brownish color and black looked graceful.

Back
Top Bottom