What's new

Petraeus: US would destroy Russia’s troops if Putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine

Y'all backed down from that little rocket man of Korea and you'll do the same with Putin...
The little man of NKorea is wise enough not to cross international borders. I will give him that much

Any prove that china give NK nuclear tech, or it is just your delusion and suspicion.
No delusion or suspicion. Basic logic

If you have nuclear weapons, you can issue threats. But now, you can also issue threats that you will do all that are necessary to get nuclear weapons. It took decades of persuasions, from moral to economics to diplomacy, to Iraq and we ended up with a war to actually prevent Iraq from becoming a nuclear weapons state. According to 'The Bomb In My Garden', what Iraq went thru to get nuclear knowledge and technologies would make a good spy movie. But it also mean that there is nothing less than war to actually prevent a determined state. So the question is about the political conditions that would compel a state to become that determined.

If Saddam had not attacked Kuwait Iraq could have been a nuclear weapons state. It would have been hard for USA to dissuade him or punish him. The attack on Kuwait was the opening to convince the others of the threat

There is a chance of a nuclear strike on Ukraine. Allies will definitely respond. An all out war like allies vs axis is also a possibility. I believe this Ukraine war is just the beginning of a great game. To me, threat to Russia is nearby countries who are already part of nato. Russia will try to attack Odessa. It's true. They will wait near Romanian border. They will regroup and start their attack again. Ukraine will go down eventually. Right now, Russia will regroup. I don't think that they will fall back further. Nato should care for their Baltic states who joined nato. Poland and Romania can be next target. Nato response means world war lll.

The little man of NKorea is wise enough not to cross international borders. I will give him that much

No delusion or suspicion. Basic logic

If Saddam had not attacked Kuwait Iraq could have been a nuclear weapons state. It would have been hard for USA to dissuade him or punish him. The attack on Kuwait was the opening to convince the others of the threat
Just come out your foul mouth, eh.

There is a chance of a nuclear strike on Ukraine. Allies will definitely respond. An all out war like allies vs axis is also a possibility. I believe this Ukraine war is just the beginning of a great game. To me, threat to Russia is nearby countries who are already part of nato. Russia will try to attack Odessa. It's true. They will wait near Romanian border. They will regroup and start their attack again. Ukraine will go down eventually. Right now, Russia will regroup. I don't think that they will fall back further. Nato should care for their Baltic states who joined nato. Poland and Romania can be next target. Nato response means world war lll.

Russian mobilization has been a disaster. I do not feel the nation can respond unless its very survival is at stake, and right now, the citizens do not see it as such as they view their own country at fault for invading and causing a fratricide.

LMAO at those who think China will react. China will do sh/t and stay out of this mess. Even recently their reactions tend not to support Russia on the Ukrainian matter.

US credibility towards its allies (And China would carefully look US reaction) would fade away if it didn't react to the use of nuclear weapons by Russia. The reason they haven't used them yet is because they fear what US reaction would be. NATO would absolutely trash the Russians.
China also opposed Russia used of nuke. Be it tactical or high yield. But Putin is no mad man. He just say it to act tough. If not, why activate the 300,000 reserves soldiers? Just throw nuke and he will beat Ukraine.

Russian mobilization has been a disaster. I do not feel the nation can respond unless its very survival is at stake, and right now, the citizens do not see it as such as they view their own country at fault for invading and causing a fratricide.
Don't be so misled by western propaganda. Sure, there is some unhappiness of Russian being mobilized. But most Russian still answer the call and join the mob to fight for Russian against Ukraine. Look at the clown western media, they will never report any Ukraine fighter plane shot down or any of Ukraine ground army column being neutralize by Russia forces. And still remember the ghost of Kiev? A big lies from western media.

Yes Russian citizens don't like this war. I have a female friend from Russia. They can't even say it loudly. Russian military has arrested so many of them. Point is simple. It's all about dignity. Russian army image as a superior army is at stake and Putin can't fall back further. It's all about pride. Soviet lost the largest number of soldiers in world war ll.eventually they won. This time, they want to win also but they are pretty much alone. Russian integrity is at stake. A nuclear strike is possible. I feel sorry for Ukraine.

Yes Russian citizens don't like this war. I have a female friend from Russia. They can't even say it loudly. Russian military has arrested so many of them. Point is simple. It's all about dignity. Russian army image as a superior army is at stake and Putin can't fall back further. It's all about pride. Soviet lost the largest number of soldiers in world war ll.eventually they won. This time, they want to win also but they are pretty much alone. Russian integrity is at stake. A nuclear strike is possible. I feel sorry for Ukraine.

Do not feel sorry for them; they chose this path. But let this be a lesson for countries like Pakistan that always want to act like one of the gang members, but their balls do not drop low enough. Unfortunately, these types often take the blows and are discarded.

Current generation US, EU and Russian kids have been pampered and will not fight.

Russia should adopt the US model to create a private mercerany army to fight the wars.

There are enough people in Laten America, Africa and Asia who are willing to fight a war and die to make some quick money for their families.

Y'all backed down from that little rocket man of Korea...
We do not abuse puppies in the US.

...and you'll do the same with Putin...
No, we are beating him via Ukraine.

Well rest of the world you mean western alliance then yes, cause for decades west invaded countries after countries without any justice, all that because they have nuclear umbrella and economic superiority, so yes If Russian thinks what's theirs and they are taking it by force, then yes the world has no option but to accept it because that is what world did. As for the threat of attacking Russian soldiers, well despite US is far superior from Russians but when it comes to Nukes, US/West won't win this fight if it ever comes to that, Russian have less to lose compared to NATO. Once nukes start flying there will be no winners and even if by any miracle America survives there won't be any super power left to bully the weaker nations.
But the Soviet Union took what they believed were theirs -- half of Europe. Remember that?

The entire mechanism assumes one thing: the number of nation states who want to develop nukes are small. If they are large then they can develop different expertise and items. Then the entire point of policing becomes invalid because those who do not want to follow this world order will form collaborative networks trading in supplies needed for a nuclear weapons program.
The main issue is technology. And technology cost money.

Russia has given a motivation to a lot of countries to NOT participate in this.
Not really. Russia's goal do not coincide with nuclear weapons state aspirants, at least not obvious enough. However, of the region where there could be a group of nuclear weapons state aspirants could coalesce into a bloc determined to gain nuclear weapons, that would be the ME vis-a-vis the religious war against Israel.

The basic question is this : If a nuclear weapons state is NOT providing a guarantee to never use nuclear weapons against a non-nuclear state then why should anyone be a non-nuclear state?
The only way a guarantee works, as in any product guarantee, is if there are repercussions for violations. As of now, no non nuclear weapons state could exact retribution against a nuclear weapons state. What remains are moral alignments between states that nuclear weapons are not to be used against allies. Essentially -- a promissory note.

The main issue is technology. And technology cost money.
To the best of my knowledge, technology is not really a problem. The problem is fuel. North korea, for instance is not really a very technologically advanced country, nor it is really rich and they alone built a 100 kt device and possibly several bombs. If and when there are few countries willing to co-operate, it will allow them to build the weapons.
The only way they can be stopped if others control fuel really really hard. But if enough countries are willing to violate NPT and FMCT, there is no stopping the development of weapons in a number of countries.

Not really. Russia's goal do not coincide with nuclear weapons state aspirants, at least not obvious enough. However, of the region where there could be a group of nuclear weapons state aspirants could coalesce into a bloc determined to gain nuclear weapons, that would be the ME vis-a-vis the religious war against Israel.
Russia is the threat that may bring forth many new nuclear weapon countries. Any country with some russian population and a pro-democracy government will feel threatened if Russia explodes nukes on ukraine.

The only way a guarantee works, as in any product guarantee, is if there are repercussions for violations. As of now, no non nuclear weapons state could exact retribution against a nuclear weapons state. What remains are moral alignments between states that nuclear weapons are not to be used against allies. Essentially -- a promissory note.
Presently, there is not even promissory note. Russia does not have a policy of not using those weapons against a non nuclear state. Neither does USA. Only thing that had prevented violation of NPT was possible economic sanctions. If those become weak and they will become weak if sufficient nations go rogue as far as NPT is concerned then NPT is dead.

Do not feel sorry for them; they chose this path. But let this be a lesson for countries like Pakistan that always want to act like one of the gang members, but their balls do not drop low enough. Unfortunately, these types often take the blows and are discarded.
Bro can you explain what you said about Pakistan? I don't understand it. Thanks in advance.

I agree, this week or the next, we might see Tactical nuke on Ukrainian Bridge formations..

Back
Top Bottom