What's new

Pak's elite SSG troops top list of world’s most formidable special units: Aus Media Report

Is this a joke? This article in Biz.Insider.au wants us to believe that Pak SSG is trained to BEAT the world record in 5-mile run routinely? that too in full gear? utter nonsense

"
Training reportedly includes a 36-mile march in 12 hours and a five-mile run in 20 minutes in full gear."
French legions do the same I don't think run means double March

1) The Special Services Group, SSG, in Pakistan is better known in the country as the 'Black Storks' due to the commandos' unique headgear. Training reportedly includes a 36-mile march in 12 hours and a five-mile run in 20 minutes in full gear.

Lol yeah right. The world record for 8000m is over 21 minutes.

Few months back this list was the other way around o_O . .. . . i think there is a misunderstanding

World record of 6 mile is around 26 min and SSG is doing 5 mile in 20 minutes that too with full military gear (atleast 20 kgs) :lol:

Yes, I agree, a touch suspicious.

I am the first to poo poo the constant breast beating and self-praise of pakistanis. However if a foreign source is praising them, then I'll break with tradition and say well done guys.

Indians on this thread....
images (1).jpg

SSG is a nightmare for Taliban. It's certainly ranks among the very best, especially ZARRAR.

The problem with SSG is lack of proper funding from a global perspective. If we give them SPYSAT, SATCOM, ELINT and CAS capabilities of their own, they'll rival the very best. That however isn't the case.

Tarbela Ghazi has sorted out that issue for Special Operations Task Force to some degree. That capacity is not available to other SSG units yet.

Horus can you expand on the last bit please? what exactly has Targela Ghazi sorted out for SOTF?

hmm...but what group sees the most combat ??

nope! ssg are good but that 5 mile run in 20 min hehehe. lets be realistic guys that is over exaggerated.

I can feel your helplessness there, please contact Aussies to downgrade our rankings. First position might be debatable, but SSG is certainly in top 7 for sure.

sorry Errorboy, it gets worse, since you opened your mouth. So, now that you admit they cannot be #1, let's talk about if they are capable of anything. Lal Masjid.

alright, I am going to be kind and give these Pakistani amigos a small pass, kind of an also ran consolation price.

How about this: Every Pak SSG MUST pass the rigorpus test of watching a 5 mile race, wearing full gear, and armed with a remote control with two arrows. They must figure out which is FF and which is Rewind....AND press the correct button.

Back
Top Bottom