What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Hi Guys. I am very sorry if this is mentioned before. But I have been reading different numbers of the size of SSG soldiers. Can someone reliable please mention the size of soldiers we have in SSG. I just read this article where the EX SSG officer mentions that SSG has 3000 soldiers. Here is the link to that The phantom soldiers – The Express Tribune However, I am reading in different forums that it is about 7000. So can someone please help me with that

w2p0ua.jpg

foocau.jpg

It is not that i don't believe you , it is just that from what i heard the number of Soldiers martyred is correct , however the figure of SSG is not (From what i heard ) . however i can be wrong as i have no physical confirmation of it .

Yeah perhaps.

THe only confirmed thing is that they were from 3 Commando and a Captain was included. Number is varied from 6-9 people being reported.

Has anybody noticed the slight change in the style of the beret for SSG and I think the whole army in general.

For instance look at the following pic:

a_ssg32.jpg

Berets are more taller and more pointier.

For comparison, a more recent pic.

3915358939_6d73129033.jpg

The beret is along the head and very flat.

So a pointier triangular beret shape has been changed to a more flatter one?

Hi Guys. I am very sorry if this is mentioned before. But I have been reading different numbers of the size of SSG soldiers. Can someone reliable please mention the size of soldiers we have in SSG. I just read this article where the EX SSG officer mentions that SSG has 3000 soldiers. Here is the link to that The phantom soldiers – The Express Tribune However, I am reading in different forums that it is about 7000. So can someone please help me with that

The SSG has 5 Battalions.

1 Commando Bt
2 Commando Bt
3 Commando Bt
4 Commando Bt
5 Division Troops

1,2 and 4 are under one Brigade and 3 and 5(Zarrars) are under another Brigade.

Get estimate of the figure yourself.

Has anybody noticed the slight change in the style of the beret for SSG and I think the whole army in general.

For instance look at the following pic:

Berets are more taller and more pointier.

For comparison, a more recent pic.

The beret is along the head and very flat.

So a pointier triangular beret shape has been changed to a more flatter one?

I believe it might simply be the way the beret is worn and not the type of beret itself.

Not anymore.
Actually SSG was NEVER deployed in Saudi Arabia as a separate entity. When the Army had deployed some brigades on a rotational basis upon the Saudi request, some SSG officers and troops may have gone along, but it was not as if an entire detachment was sent to KSA for any special purpose. It is one thing to send SSG advisers for training, an entirely different one when a complete detachment is sent for a specific task/role. As far as I know, and I am pretty sure, we never deputed any SSG detachment for KSA.

Actually SSG was NEVER deployed in Saudi Arabia as a separate entity. When the Army had deployed some brigades on a rotational basis upon the Saudi request, some SSG officers and troops may have gone along, but it was not as if an entire detachment was sent to KSA for any special purpose. It is one thing to send SSG advisers for training, an entirely different one when a complete detachment is sent for a specific task/role. As far as I know, and I am pretty sure, we never deputed any SSG detachment for KSA.

Why were Army Brigades there even on a rotational basis ?

There is always a team deployed in KSA for advisory and emergency purposes, to deal with situations Saudi forces cannot. They are led by a Lt. Col. here. When the Grand Mosque in Makkah was under siege, Saudi forces failed and the posted SSG here was immediately moved to take control. Or even recently, to take control of bitter anti-government protests in Eastern region.

They are posted in Taif if I am right,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom