What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Some old pics;

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

the last two.. actually the last guy inshorts is just right. he has no cellolite, has good muscle tone and and show that his muscle mass (used for the lack of term) will enable him more endurance and punishment whatever the elements or hardships of the mission throw at him.. including heavy gear he might have to carry, injured or dead compare, carry, climb with or swim through in desert, marshes, rivers or hills.. forget hollywood just check out the body tone of the western soldiers.. americans get a lot of hate for their gadgets but boy they are tough.. and follow SOPs and war disciple to the book.. will pick up shovels and pick axes and will start digging trenches and filling up bags whatever the terrain.. . be it road side, mountains or deserts.. these are the comments from journalists and other soliders/ observers who have seen them.
few pictures above see that so called SSG guy with the rpg.. his tunny seems to be on the loose.. not very reassuring .

True. I agree on the pictures above cent percent. I primarily wanted to clarify the confusion, if there was one, with regards to the usefulness of massive muscles' within the context of the workings of a military soldier.

That said, I must also add that some of the physiques shown in the pictures are a bit confusing to me. The routine training regimen of the SSG should in and of itself ensure men built like rocks. Some of the pictures do give that impression but then others do not. Due to that I've always wondered if it is a difference born out of the stage the soldier is at in his career in the SSG, e.g. cadets upon their graduation look little more than featherless chicks but then start gaining mass along their career. Another factor that might be contributing to the apparent lack of physical form is the attire of the said soldier. The optimal physical shape that we are talking about isn't exactly one which would look very pronounced from beneath the, hitherto, less crisp uniform and gear of our soldiers. Like this picture of Saudi special forces being trained by the SSG (they're no fine tuned performance machines like pushups world record holder Capt Muhammad Arbab from the last picture in my previous post but how many are?)

1538913_697441566985517_5976997467358053404_n_zpsuuryhhns.jpg

For example Captain Salman Farooq Shaheed in the picture below looks quite reasonable,

BhKVEYECUAA2uVX.jpg

and in the one below looks anything but,

B0ZaT8gCEAAY-nE.jpg

or these,

SSG-Commandos-Pakistan-videos.jpg

Vs these,

SSG.jpg

But then the jaw lines, neck width and forearm width usually do serve as good markers, like in these,

Pakistan-SSG-on-ninth-in-the-world.jpg
pakistan-ssg-latest-shocking-vid.jpg

which are admittedly found lacking in some pictures.

So I believe the apparent lesser physical shape in some of the pictures above is a mixture of a little bit of uniform, gear, body type and lack of muscle mass. As far as my personal experience is concerned, the two times that I've met SSG personnel, I was not left unimpressed. These guys were built like rocks, with grips made to break necks. But then again these guys had 'Koh Pehma' badges (some of them with 8000m summits, if I may add) and were only a handful out of the original pool.

One interesting bit I remember reading somewhere about the Navy Seals was that experience and the tactical expertise derived from it are sought after the most which results in the selection of personnel who are older in age and lesser in physical form. Like this Delta Force operative,

pS6wt9m.jpg

I don't think "all of PDF" thinks that. Good job painting everyone in the same brushstroke. If we're nitpicking details, then the military guys you shared do have physiques with more "muscle mass" than our typical guys --- of course, as you said, it needs to be a mix of the right body fat %, endurance, etc.

-.- figure of speech mate.....

Also, if you put a shirt on the seals in the picture, their physique would look a lot less pronounced. However, this is not to contest the fact that our soldiers on the whole could do with purposed weight regimens. The rest in my above reply to Irfan Baloch.

Last edited:
They look rough and tough; but their performance has not been that outstanding as you would expect from an 'Elite' unit.

Ofcourse they've had successes (they are expected to carry out the more dangerous missions which is why they are 'elite') but it is the failures that troubles me.

During previous wars with India, quite a few missions failed and I just hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Cheers.
ssg msns are not displayed publically..anonymity is their key to success..thats why you dont know their sussess storys

they dont even have to flex
their stance shows their physical peakness. how good and fluid they are.
But Army needs to create Gym atmosphere in Army I am not asking soldiers should become John Cena but they should have bodies which those who particpate in 100 meter race have

But Army needs to create Gym atmosphere in Army I am not asking soldiers should become John Cena but they should have bodies which those who particpate in 100 meter race have
Bhai jan sirf weight lifting sai muscle nahi banta. Increase their protein intake along with other nutrients such as Iron and calcium to the recommended dose and see their bodies develop along with their endurance and stamina.

Bhai jan sirf weight lifting sai muscle nahi banta. Increase their protein intake along with other nutrients such as Iron and calcium to the recommended dose and see their bodies develop along with their endurance and stamina.
When I say Gym culture I mean food also

"Muscle Mass" also requires more fuel to run, endurance has nothing to do with muscle mass, no marathon runner ever has substantial muscle mass and no one can beat them in endurance, strength is a different matter though, but in military you need endurance and mental strength more than anything else

MUSCLE mass is not just for looks. it gives the endurance to the operator to swim , run walk climp for miles non-stop under adverse elemental or weather conditions. sometimes they have to carry their dead or injured comrades along with their kit as well to the extraction point and yes, in hand to hand combat after hours or days of fatigue only someone in a better / stronger physical condition will overpower his opponent.
on the same subject I had a fruitless discussion with someone in this same thread who was adamant that a muscle mass and strength are irrelevant to special forces and only stopped short of saying that special ops gadgetry is such that all can be done on a PS4. I just responded once for the benefit of other readers but stopped further because it was waste of time.

Fail

2n0izow.jpg

Golden Owl - Kazakhistan;

"Muscle Mass" also requires more fuel to run, endurance has nothing to do with muscle mass, no marathon runner ever has substantial muscle mass and no one can beat them in endurance, strength is a different matter though, but in military you need endurance and mental strength more than anything else

Fail

2n0izow.jpg
lol its the unfortunate moment when the picture is snappped.. he is taking the spent clip out

re your commentary on musslce and endurance I agree in general. I already explained my lack of knowledge on the correct terms
I am against cellolite, loose bellies and thin arms .. thats all. @Zarvan is not impresed with the physique of our soldiers .. they are lean and very well defined .. they dont look massive but they have well defined muscles.. same goes with marrathon guys too .. they are not weak either but they cant do what short runners can do. like I already told the previous commentator I dont want us to screw this thread into an ANAL bittching.. about use of correct medical or psychical term..
from my own experience I can tell you that our yearly training brought us the required minimum among us.. but still some of us could do some more due to their core strength carry MG, equipment etc. (I am talking national guards nothing fancy here). yes special operations training and missions are a Marathon.. not a 100 meter dash. physical strength is small fraction of what is required of these extra ordinary individuals it is more mental strength and no quitting attitude.
I see people with a soldier eye and I can spot a genuine from a fake.. and someone who is on top of his game and who is lacking.
Nothing more to comment on this

over and out..

Back
Top Bottom