What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Today i read article in which there was world top 10 forces and SSG name was there but Indian force was name was not there
i was happy to see Pakistan SSG was under 10

Indian special forces are very resourceful, very up to date and they get to train with the best and have unrestricted access to technology and funds which we can only dream about. only 60 years ago they were our brothers so dont discount them too much.

those articles are a matter of opinion with limited knowledge and personal preferences.
special operations units are every countries covert weapon and their real capabilities are unknown.

such comparisons are flawed from the word go because essentially they are trying to compare and weight something which is unknown. even the amount spent on them is unknown, their training regime and their strength, their objectives etc are all estimations.

tomorrow an article will make people from Uganda and Afghanistan proud because their special forces will be among the first 5.

Gen. A.O. Mitha was the first commanding Officer of the SSG. A Memon from Bombay who migrated to Pakistan in 1947.
He set the standards for SSG. His book is a must read for all those who are interested in PA.
there was a name of another army officer as well who is also mentioned in the origin of Pakistani special forces and he was the first US Navy SEAL qualified but the SSG page on wikipedia is changed now. I think he was MAJOR Hassan Askari he was also mentioned side by side with the founder of SSG Gen Mitha.

Yalghaar

1487299_1490647477865005_4065941291095593722_n.jpg

They look rough and tough; but their performance has not been that outstanding as you would expect from an 'Elite' unit.

Ofcourse they've had successes (they are expected to carry out the more dangerous missions which is why they are 'elite') but it is the failures that troubles me.

During previous wars with India, quite a few missions failed and I just hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Cheers.
Aukai Collins also notes in his book,"My Jihad" That an incredible battle had taken place in 1987 when,the Soviet Army had inserted about three thousand,Spetsnaz aided paratroopers in an attempt to advance all the way to the Pakistani border.

About, three hundred Pakistani commandos (SSGs) teamed up with 100 mujaheddin and fought the Spetsnaz for twenty seven days; not a single Russian left the valley alive.
So what are your comments about Spetsnaz & SSG :pakistan::sniper::guns:

Back
Top Bottom