What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Changing barrels does not appear to me as an elegant solution to the one rifle fires all ammo problem. I'd rather change rifles or carry two rather than change the internals of my rifle just to fire different ammo
I don't think we'll see each soldier carry different chambers. Rather, different variants of a rifle will be allocated based on an area's requirements and realities. So SCAR H for the infantry facing east, SCAR L for LEAs, etc.

AK & SCAR both are piston driven rotating bolt designs so we can through this out of the winch --- when comes to frame then for both its a mix of Alloy and Polymer, hence both empty weighs at good 3.67kg & 3.8kg ---- the actual issue iswhen you compare 16g of 7.62 x 39 with 10g of 7.62 x 51 per bullet --- but then again there is 10 additional ammo in the mag too ----
both of the weapons are in use by SF hence they must have tested the weapos for extreme weather conditions, wet fire test, dry fire tests, mud test, sand test ---- whole lot of tests are their ----
Sir i heard reports that new weapons based on Alloy and Polymer have service life quite less then conventional weapons because during the course of time and jolts from firing polymer joints with metal alloys started to loosen up and that problem is irreversible. If that was the case then it would be very expensive choice.

The Scar is a must; we have enough funds to procure it and its only reserved for the US Special Forces in the US - so it must be good.

Sir, It is 7.62x39 M43 interchangeable. Mentioned by multiple sources.

It might be, but as of yet, I have not come across any evidence that the Bren has been adapted in any capacity by any armed forces with the 7.62x39 round. Most operators are sticking to the 5.56 specifications.

It might be, but as of yet, I have not come across any evidence that the Bren has been adapted in any capacity by any armed forces with the 7.62x39 round. Most operators are sticking to the 5.56 specifications.
The mag, Sir. There is your evidence.

480689_c56d21fa597b4a76a6d0867fbfd74955.jpg

@Icarus

With 5.56 mag:
cz_805s_1.jpg

@balixd @DESERT FIGHTER

CZ 806 is 7.62x39 M43 interchangeable. Are you sure that the one we saw is with a 5.56 mag?
100% sure --- not really , but was told its 556 --- and the pic is not really telling much either --- the curve doesn't mean its 39, even 556 extended mags can have that ----

Sir i heard reports that new weapons based on Alloy and Polymer have service life quite less then conventional weapons because during the course of time and jolts from firing polymer joints with metal alloys started to loosen up and that problem is irreversible. If that was the case then it would be very expensive choice.
Glock --- ring any bells???

100% sure --- not really , but was told its 556 --- and the pic is not really telling much either --- the curve doesn't mean its 39, even 556 extended mags can have that ----
Lekin meri jaan, Not one of the other rifles is a 556.

@balixd

I think that you were told that because they're testing it with both calibers.

Have no idea about military grade stuff but my friend owns one probably model 17 which he drops on floor from height and after that the point where polymer joint with metal started cracks and eventually complete lower part separated from the upper.

@balixd
Check this link
The Gun Zone -- Glock 19 Cracked Frame

g19crack8b.jpg
I can't open any firearm related link --- at work --- for most of these cracked cases are the ones with culprit ammo -- overcharged ammunition ---- otherwise i can post pictures of Berreta & 1911 metal frames too ---- as far as 17 is concerned then you sure it was a real deal because Glocks were basically dropped from Helis to ensure they are drop safe ---

Lekin meri jaan, Not one of the other rifles is a 556.

@balixd

I think that you were told that because they're testing it with both calibers.
dimagh ki dahi bna di hai tum logon ne man!!!
uff itna tou police walay bhi interrogate nhn karte jitna yahan pe hota hai -----phew!!!:cheesy::crazy::nono:
aik ka jawab dou tu dosra peechay ready hota hai alert ----

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom