What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
endurance in high sub zero temp, desert-underwater-mud, range, speed, user friendly, licence to build locally and the cost................find the best option.

A question @Icarus @balixd

What is the smallest independent unit in the PA? Section or fireteam?
Can you tell something about the weapon distribution at section/fireteam level (no of LMGs, RPGs, DMR).

Whats the bullet do you prefer, 5.56 or the old 51N or multi barrel?

Mass production reduces cost. Pakistan Army is not going to put a cheap firearm in the hands of a Pakistani solider.
Can we maintain the standards of original SCAR and modify it time to time. I think quality control is a big question.

Whatever rifle we select to replace should be made in Pakistan (licensed production), SCAR is no more useful then AK version then why we have to waste huge resources.
What will be your choice?

Can we maintain the standards of original SCAR and modify it time to time. I think quality control is a big question.

What will be your choice?
I already posted a logical choice AK 103, we have expertise to manufacture AKs soldiers are also familiar with AKs and most importantly a war proven jam proof the gangsta weapon.

as i said to somebody not too long ago --- I will sleep better in the arms of "Mother Russia" -- so anything coming out of Ru or former soviet state is a must to be picked up
changing a service rifle is not easy ---- you have to think again and again and again --- ---- test the weapon --- training the troops, muscle memory, stance, weapon handling ---- checking range, effectiveness ----- just because we love SCAR does not mean it should be selected --- I see scale being heavier on AK 103 & CZ Bren side because of 7.62 x 39 & 5.56 variants ----

considering both variants can be used be in Guerilla warfare or CI / CT Ops it should be preferred over 51N calibre --- our focus is shifting towards Protection & Security maintenance now --- SSU raised by Pakistan ARmy for CPEC, cannot be handed SCAR / 51N as it carries more weight as compared to AK 103 & CZ Bren with 7.62 x 39
Also don't forget each troop can have 90 rounds (3 mags) of AK / CZ as compared to 60 rounds of 51N with more weight

your troops have already shot down thousands of rounds down range training on that Type 56, so much isn't change with AK 103 -----

7.62 x 51 ammunition stocks at Wah can be sold out to Foreign countries or use them in LMG in house ---- issue resolved with us having huge stocks of 51N rounds ---- since weapons are to be phased out over a period of time --- the stocks are going to run out eventually ----- modify the G3M to make it DMR on squad level --- which btw is already being down with Azb
FN SCAR is a modular design which can be chambered for 7.62x39mm. In fact, it is already happening.

FNH USA Shows Off New 7.62x39 Mk. 17 SCAR Prototype - The Firearm Blog

new means - its not well versed and battle proven --- AK design is battle proven and time tested ---- been through hell and back ---- how many of your SF are using 5.56 calibre, please remind me??
ZAB has tested the design and calibre and its effectiveness in the field --- our LCB are even equipped with AK ---- so switch will be easy -----

even AK comes with Compact version of 5.56 ---- so whats special with SCAR?? --- as i said its 90 rounds of 39 vs 60 rounds of 51N --- don't compare 5.56 here because that is for CQB --- losses the effectiveness at longer ranger - although much linear trajectory as compared to 39
SSG has said good bye to modified 56s... Which have been supplied to the LCB guys as stop gap measure weapons,

I already posted a logical choice AK 103, we have expertise to manufacture AKs soldiers are also familiar with AKs and most importantly a war proven jam proof the gangsta weapon.
I already recommended ak103 to replace our Chinese AK clones.

as i said to somebody not too long ago --- I will sleep better in the arms of "Mother Russia" -- so anything coming out of Ru or former soviet state is a must to be picked up
changing a service rifle is not easy ---- you have to think again and again and again --- ---- test the weapon --- training the troops, muscle memory, stance, weapon handling ---- checking range, effectiveness ----- just because we love SCAR does not mean it should be selected --- I see scale being heavier on AK 103 & CZ Bren side because of 7.62 x 39 & 5.56 variants ----

considering both variants can be used be in Guerilla warfare or CI / CT Ops it should be preferred over 51N calibre --- our focus is shifting towards Protection & Security maintenance now --- SSU raised by Pakistan ARmy for CPEC, cannot be handed SCAR / 51N as it carries more weight as compared to AK 103 & CZ Bren with 7.62 x 39
Also don't forget each troop can have 90 rounds (3 mags) of AK / CZ as compared to 60 rounds of 51N with more weight

your troops have already shot down thousands of rounds down range training on that Type 56, so much isn't change with AK 103 -----

7.62 x 51 ammunition stocks at Wah can be sold out to Foreign countries or use them in LMG in house ---- issue resolved with us having huge stocks of 51N rounds ---- since weapons are to be phased out over a period of time --- the stocks are going to run out eventually ----- modify the G3M to make it DMR on squad level --- which btw is already being down with Azb

You didn't answer me man.... The AK type rifle COAS is holding in the last pic (OP) with long,thick barrel and M series type muzzle looks like a Beryl.. ? Which rifle is that?

Change of caliber will be weighed against prospective benefits of adopting the platform. Don't make any conclusions just yet.
Yaar I am not. They've got the studies and results and I think that at this point, They're the only ones who are in the position to play favorites.

Just want to know if you agree with what I've said above.

Yaar I am not. They've got the studies and results and I think that at this point, They're the only ones who are in the position to play favorites.

Just want to know if you agree with what I've said above.

CZ is a modular platform and I think that is where it's greatest market ting strength lies, if selected, it should not take a lot of effort to produce a 7.62 version, if work on one has not started already. Its common for arms manufacturers to be continuously playing with their platforms even if they never reach past the mock-up stage so you can bet there is some contingency involved. Even POF experimented with 5.56 G3 variants.
That being said, I believe that the 7.62 will continue to be our infantry mainstay I can say this because our troops our used to it, we have plenty of stocks, it suits our way of making war and lastly, the Chief in the same video inaugurates another 7.62 production plant in POF which means we have a bright future in store for that round.

CZ is a modular platform and I think that is where it's greatest market ting strength lies, if selected, it should not take a lot of effort to produce a 7.62 version, if work on one has not started already. Its common for arms manufacturers to be continuously playing with their platforms even if they never reach past the mock-up stage so you can bet there is some contingency involved. Even POF experimented with 5.56 G3 variants.
That being said, I believe that the 7.62 will continue to be our infantry mainstay I can say this because our troops our used to it, we have plenty of stocks, it suits our way of making war and lastly, the Chief in the same video inaugurates another 7.62 production plant in POF which means we have a bright future in store for that round.
CZ 806 Bren is already adapted for 7.62. Why not send a 7.62x39 mm variant too?

Back
Top Bottom