What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
CZ is a modular platform and I think that is where it's greatest market ting strength lies, if selected, it should not take a lot of effort to produce a 7.62 version, if work on one has not started already. Its common for arms manufacturers to be continuously playing with their platforms even if they never reach past the mock-up stage so you can bet there is some contingency involved. Even POF experimented with 5.56 G3 variants.
That being said, I believe that the 7.62 will continue to be our infantry mainstay I can say this because our troops our used to it, we have plenty of stocks, it suits our way of making war and lastly, the Chief in the same video inaugurates another 7.62 production plant in POF which means we have a bright future in store for that round.
SCAR is modular for different rounds (5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm NATO, 7.62x39mm) as well, but the CZ's strength in POF's case (in addition to being modular) is that it might be cheaper. FN is in no hurry for business, the SCAR is already quite popular, but the BREN 806 is fresh, and CZ may be more inclined to be flexible on price, commercial offsets, IP transfer, and commercial rights (allowing POF to re-sell its own CZ rifles).

Is the army willing to make the transition to 5.56 as a frontline calibre yet?

Mass production reduces cost. Pakistan Army is not going to put a cheap firearm in the hands of a Pakistani solider.
Induction will take a fair bit of time as well. For one thing, it'd be prudent to get recruits accustomed to the new rifles right from the start, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the general approach taken.

Is the army willing to make the transition to 5.56 as a frontline calibre yet?
These new rifles can be chambered for different rounds, so switching to 5.56mm (or not) isn't an issue; in the end, it'll depend on the situation. If the Army selects SCAR, it can send up 7.62x51mm SCAR Hs to the troops on the eastern front, whilst using a 7.62x39mm version of the SCAR in COIN in FATA. Pakistani LEAs can use 5.56mm SCAR L. It's a similar story with the CZ-806 BREN 2.

It should be FN SCAR for number of reasons. First it's brand new system with much fire power accuracy and less recoil and it also offer various versions. Like it has DMR version and Self Defence version and also 5.56 version which can be used by our Special Forces. As for AK-13 sorry but it's already 15 years old and even Russia didn't used it as its main Battle Rifle instead they are developing AK-12 and other versions. For Serbia's M21 I have serious doubts it would survive our extreme temperatures.

Serbian Zastava is NOT a poor weapon infact I urge that you read this post carefully!
Details | COAS briefed on Future Standard rifle trails | Page 3

You didn't answer me man.... The AK type rifle COAS is holding in the last pic (OP) with long,thick barrel and M series type muzzle looks like a Beryl.. ? Which rifle is that?
that AK man --- see the Russian dude and the pic i attached ----

I personaly want FN-SCAR-H to win .. .. but my guess is, CZ 806 bren2 is going to win

Last edited:
After much anticipation now we know the contenders for the next generation replacement of Pakistan's current standard issue service rifle the hk-G3. This thread shall serve as a debate platform from now on.

Here are the contenders, do vote for your favorite one above.

1: FN-SCAR-H

View attachment 299200

2: Beretta ARX-200

View attachment 299201
3: CZ-806 Bren-2
View attachment 299202

4: Kalashnikov AK-103

View attachment 299205

5: Zastava M21

View attachment 299206
One correction its Zastava M77 not M21 that is being tested.

These new rifles can be chambered for different rounds, so switching to 5.56mm (or not) isn't an issue; in the end, it'll depend on the situation. If the Army selects SCAR, it can send up 7.62x51mm SCAR Hs to the troops on the eastern front, whilst using a 7.62x39mm version of the SCAR in COIN in FATA. Pakistani LEAs can use 5.56mm SCAR L. It's a similar story with the CZ-806 BREN 2.
Changing barrels does not appear to me as an elegant solution to the one rifle fires all ammo problem. I'd rather change rifles or carry two rather than change the internals of my rifle just to fire different ammo

Seems like it.
This pic is the best clue there is.
480670_4a76547df4fd7a243c3fc13a1a25bc34.jpg

CZ 806 Bren is already adapted for 7.62. Why not send a 7.62x39 mm variant too?

Its adapted for NATO systems and the 39 is not a NATO standard round. But technically, it can be easily made to accept the 39 as well. As I said, its the perks of being a modular system, it allows for a lot of flexibility in use. The same weapon can be slightly tweaked to suit the situation at hand and the demands of the battlefield.

Mass production reduces cost. Pakistan Army is not going to put a cheap firearm in the hands of a Pakistani solider.
CZ handguns are considered one of the best & toughest in the world, their CZ Shadow is favorite among competition and match shooters, CZ 75b is a renowned & time tested design, so CZ has a name in the industry too ----

I have ask u many time before kindly let me know about technical details why u prefer SCAR...like metal used in barrel and chamber and their characteristic under different temperatures and endurance + which mechanism is being used in SCAR gas operating rotating bolt or blow back rotating bolt. and why the subject (in case if u provide) mechanism is suitable to Pakistani needs. Remember we have extreme weather conditions from +45 / 50 to -20 / 23 and we can't afford multiple platforms. And kindly let us know about comparison between SCAR and existing rifles we are using and specifically highlighted the edge of SCAR over other rifles. AND PLEASE REPLY BACK THIS TIME.

Here on PDF people don't know anything and talking expert, did you ever test fire SCAR or the rifles P.A using ?
AK & SCAR both are piston driven rotating bolt designs so we can through this out of the winch --- when comes to frame then for both its a mix of Alloy and Polymer, hence both empty weighs at good 3.67kg & 3.8kg ---- the actual issue iswhen you compare 16g of 7.62 x 39 with 10g of 7.62 x 51 per bullet --- but then again there is 10 additional ammo in the mag too ----
both of the weapons are in use by SF hence they must have tested the weapos for extreme weather conditions, wet fire test, dry fire tests, mud test, sand test ---- whole lot of tests are their ----

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom