What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Project

Nope. You did not read the article I posted did you? (bad student sign).
The biggest issue with wiki is that ANYONE can edit it and essentially leave crap information in an article.
you can edit but you need a reference. I have tried to edit wiki, but they demanded for one or two reliable source. news, or university catalogue, etc.

you can edit but you need a reference. I have tried to edit wiki, but they demanded for one or two reliable source. news, or university catalogue, etc.

Nope, despite their efforts.. wikipedia remains editable by anyone. Basically bad editors or biased article authors who have spent a lot of time on wiki remain "authentic". Hence, as long as you think wiki is authentic.. I for one will never accept your knowledge as authentic.. basic ethos of a western education has taught me that.

Nope, despite their efforts.. wikipedia remains editable by anyone. Basically bad editors or biased article authors who have spent a lot of time on wiki remain "authentic". Hence, as long as you think wiki is authentic.. I for one will never accept your knowledge as authentic.. basic ethos of a western education has taught me that.

I am amazed, but in university we do use wikipedia as it gives us reference to what is searched. It is always the first starting point. You are right, it is not officially accepted but it is informally accepted data bank.

I am amazed, but in university we do use wikipedia as it gives us reference to what is searched. It is always the first starting point. You are right, it is not officially accepted but it is informally accepted data bank.

You should not be. Always make sure that wiki is THE LAST RESORT in any reference for a coursework or otherwise. The best sources are peer reviewed journals and articles from the Universities own research database(if it is good enough to have one) or from reputed publications like IEEE and otherwise.

You should not be. Always make sure that wiki is THE LAST RESORT in any reference for a coursework or otherwise. The best sources are peer reviewed journals and articles from the Universities own research database(if it is good enough to have one) or from reputed publications like IEEE and otherwise.

during my bachelors I used wiki and IEEE for my thesis.

Surprised that they would allow that. In the UK and US it is really frowned upon to quote wikis.
i did not actually quote wiki, because in thesis we don't have anything to quote. It is just your paperwork, but you take reference from IEEE which you have to quote and what ever you take from wiki, like curve diagrams etc, you don't have to put a reference on it.

during my bachelors I used wiki and IEEE for my thesis.
I was warned not to use wiki in my assignments and that my instructor would fail me if he ever saw a single ref from wikipedia for my MSc project thesis.

you can use it for knowledge purpose but dont quote directly or post anylink from wiki

Gullu Butt ji, can we come back on the topic?

Stop calling me what I m not. :mad:

To stop Indian bullying Pakistan should get 2nd strike capability ASAP and PN understands it well, that is why work is under process, initially sub with nuke capable CM may be launched SLBM capability may be added later.

Back
Top Bottom