What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Project

It actually seems quite similar to chinese ssbn's

hi @Penguin!
Thanks for your comparative pics,but i would like to point out that Arihant's coning tower looks remarkably similar to chinese type-094 whereas the hump is reminiscent of Type-092.The rudder of arihant also seems similar to type-094.However one must also note that the hump edges slightly downwards at the region where it meets the coning tower- something not present in chinese type-092.Similarly unlike chinese SSBNs,there seems to be a smaller hump,or rather a curved region at the rear of arihant(this feature seems similar to delta-4)- presumably housing the 85MW reactor- This again is not there in any of chinese subs

@Donatello
I will be able to send you the book only after feb! dont worry i will send a host of other research publications as well

Attachments

• Arihant_1.JPG
    Arihant_1.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 366
hi @Penguin!
Thanks for your comparative pics,but i would like to point out that Arihant's coning tower looks remarkably similar to chinese type-094 whereas the hump is reminiscent of Type-092.The rudder of arihant also seems similar to type-094.However one must also note that the hump edges slightly downwards at the region where it meets the coning tower- something not present in chinese type-092.Similarly unlike chinese SSBNs,there seems to be a smaller hump,or rather a curved region at the rear of arihant(this feature seems similar to delta-4)- presumably housing the 85MW reactor- This again is not there in any of chinese subs

@Donatello
I will be able to send you the book only after feb! dont worry i will send a host of other research publications as well
arihant_1-jpg.177645

Thats definitely INS Shivalik . BTW I heard that India deployed its CBG with Mig-29K to protect the submarine. And many SU-30 MKI flight with P-8I flown before commencing the Sea Trials.

@Penguin

Hi,
I am sure you must have seen these pics by now,i am merely posting them here to highlight the differences between arihant and the 092/094- what boggles my mind is that there are a lot of similarities too...
and as oscar pointed out we must discuss this in correct thread- i would love to extend this technical discussion further!

Attachments

• INSArihant_K_R_Dee_2245047f.jpg
    INSArihant_K_R_Dee_2245047f.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 339
  • insvd.jpg
    insvd.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 33
@Penguin

Hi,
I am sure you must have seen these pics by now,i am merely posting them here to highlight the differences between arihant and the 092/094- what boggles my mind is that there are a lot of similarities too...
and as oscar pointed out we must discuss this in correct thread- i would love to extend this technical discussion further!

May be this is stupid question, but can you explain why there so many tubes coming out from conning tower. I dont see these things in Akula or Astute.

insarihant_k_r_dee_2245047f-jpg.177646

May be this is stupid question, but can you explain why there so many tubes coming out from conning tower. I dont see these things in Akula or Astute.

insarihant_k_r_dee_2245047f-jpg.177646

Another view ....

B5TQWVsCMAEYtyQ.jpg

The type 094 sub has no significant improvement to 092, the differences is the JL2 missile,but our 096 would be a completely different animal.

You can see those tubes in both Akula and Astute .

Akula

akula1.jpg

Astute

HMS_Astute.bmp

46 to 55 on the above image explain what are those tubes ... :p:

You can see those tubes in both Akula and Astute .

Akula

akula1.jpg

Astute

HMS_Astute.bmp

46 to 55 on the above image explain what are those tubes ... :p:

Hmmm.

British ships are so much beautiful, that it doesnt look like they are for war. But for some picnic spot.

The type 094 sub has no significant improvement to 092, the differences is the JL2 missile,but our 096 would be a completely different animal.

That's marvelous but how is that related to topic

That's marvelous but how is that related to topic
I'm suggesting that Currently Chinese 094 platform itself is not much ahead India except we have much better missile(JL2), but the 096 will be a different case (a revolutionary communication system, much better reactor,more agile and quieter)

I'm suggesting that Currently Chinese 094 platform itself is not much ahead India except we have much better missile(JL2), but the 096 will be a different case (a revolutionary communication system, much better reactor,more agile and quieter)

Oh it really doesn't matter there is a very low possibility of a war btw China & India(there is to big of a trade opportunity to pass) & we are also planning bigger vessels after the Arihant class which you just saw in the topic

Back
Top Bottom