What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Project

@Donatello

My 3 year old notes on radar systems engineering dealing with multi-PRF and Doppler ambiguities. Multi-PRFs are employed sequentially to remove range ambiguity .I admire the mathematics behind the signal processing,i mean without fourier transforms there would be no radars! and our life becomes real easy when DTFT is brought to bear to band-pass sampling problems!- just amazing!

here it is

Range ambiguity_amardeep.jpg

Attachments

• Doppler ambiguity_amardeep.jpg
    Doppler ambiguity_amardeep.jpg
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 35
Like i said, it is the economics that matters....aggregate demand dictates the production in short term.....and whether it is your own private money or government, you cannot simply create R&D for each and every thing.

You keep giving Indian examples, but it is flawed narrative to compare India vs Pakistan. 1.2billion people and 180 million people, the numbers don't add up unless Pakistan's per capita GDP is at least 6-7 times that of India.

India vs China makes more sense.......you tell me..how does India fare at that level?

UK had requirement for barely 200 Typhoons....they could easily build the fighter on their own...but they didn't....they partnered with three other nations so that the break even is possible due to overall larger demand......French didn't and look how their Rafale fared from a financial perspective.....French simply don't have domestic demand high enough...that is why they are desperate to export and make money. It has literally broken the back of their combat aerospace industry....

Look at the economic numbers for India and Pakistan.......how many automobiles India produces and how many does Pakistan produce?
Oil consumption?
etc.....India will always have 8-10 times higher demand than Pakistan, because it has higher population with slightly higher per capita GDP.

So again, while it might be feasible for a company to produce a radar or airplane in India because the total demand is 200 units for example....in Pakistan...it would be 20 units. The R&D cost would remain constant...fixed expense........it is not variable.....because whether you produce 1 unit or 10000000, it's the same R&D being used.

China will have no issues giving Pakistan access to it's nuclear reactors, because China's first export market in defense is always Pakistan....a nation that uses Western tech as well....so Chinese get to learn from us as well.....that helps them get a foot in the door......some of their new civilian nuclear reactors will be used by Pakistan......perhaps after that by some other nation as well....so i don't know why Chinese won't give Naval nuclear technology.....

Can you post it on a file hosting site?

Would love to have it.

I gave the 30 units vs 3 units as an example.....with good reasoning skills you would know that......my point was, India will always have a higher net demand due to a larger population (and income) and a larger nation........it should be India vs China ..........or Pakistan vs Bangladesh............there is a reason why major defense contractors in the UK went out of business or merged together because the overall demand is less......but in USA the likes of Lockheed Martin, GD etc survive because their domestic demand is very high......again...simple numbers......

If India learned a lot from LCA, the next gen of IAF aircraft would be coming from within India...not some JVs with Russia (read PAKFA)and ToT from France (read Rafale). Anyway, that is outside the scope of this topic.
Comparison of population, economy etc. have no place here.. Quality and quantity will judge in a war.. India is pakistan's enemy, you should have 200 against our 200, no matter your population is small..

@Donatello

My 3 year old notes on radar systems engineering dealing with multi-PRF and Doppler ambiguities. Multi-PRFs are employed sequentially to remove range ambiguity .I admire the mathematics behind the signal processing,i mean without fourier transforms there would be no radars! and our life becomes real easy when DTFT is brought to bear to band-pass sampling problems!- just amazing!

here it is

View attachment 177446

?WHAT is this ...

WHAT is this

This is a method to remove range ambiguity in radars

@Donatello @Oscar

hi folks!This is perhaps the first photo of SSBN Arihant with complete length! notice the hump just behind the main coning tower and the size of the submarine compared to the people standing over it! This photo was taken over by zee marathi(a marathi language news channel) while arihant was heading for itz sea trials
Arihant_amardeep.png

Attachments

• Arihant_amardeep.png
    Arihant_amardeep.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
Whaats the imprtance of hump?

indicating SLBM height ?

arihant.jpg

atv-745451.jpg

from these images , SLBM is placed vertically
thats why i thought, hump has to do with SLBM

or may be hydrodynamics..:unsure:

Hi folks!

@Oscar @ sathya
Here is another complete picture of INS Arihant taken just a week back when it was heading for sea trials!The hump is clearly visible .The design from this angle seems like western design than soviet design- however i am no submarine expert- just my personal observation
Courtesy @kurup
Arihant_1.JPG

Hi folks!

@Oscar @ sathya
Here is another complete picture of INS Arihant taken just a week back when it was heading for sea trials!The hump is clearly visible .The design from this angle seems like western design than soviet design- however i am no submarine expert- just my personal observation
Courtesy @kurup View attachment 177603

You need to call @Penguin, for this analysis. He is expert on naval topics.

The design from this angle seems like western design than soviet design- however i am no submarine expert- just my personal observation

Not really, it seems to have a lot of similarities with the Soviet DELTA-II class.. although one can also say it is similar to the UK Vanguard class. In either case, lets not lose focus on this thread from the rumoured Pakistani SSN project.

In either case, lets not lose focus on this thread from the rumoured Pakistani SSN project.

@Oscar

I agree! And to this effect i want to point out that i saw a seminar video wherein two pakistani guys,one civilian phd fellow(this phd fellow claims to be the grandson of munir khan) and one retd brigadier from PA were delivering lecture at some american institute and when they were asked why do they need a SLBM/SLCM- the brigadier simply replied by saying - "we need it simply because india has it"! and i was a bit taken back by the answer given by that ex brigadier.I wonder the thinking of military establishment of pakistan whose every motive seems hinged on one point- and that is to somehow attain parity with india- even in cases when such a parity is almost imposible!That whole seminar revolved around pakistani nuclear weapons.I will share that video with you if i find it

To be Brutally honest, did the indians have natural talent to lay rockets (English word as in ANDA DAINA, not the URDU word as in ROCKET LAINA) or did you learn it from other countries?
definitely They first copied russian design than starts the learning.

INS_Arihant_650_final.jpg

Arihant_3.jpg

Project 667A Navaga / Yankee class ssbn
upload_2014-12-20_12-47-54.png

Project 667 Murena / Delta class ssbn
upload_2014-12-20_12-52-7.png

2782_3-auto_downl.jpg

SSBN%20Type-092%20Xia%202.png

ourvcg.jpg

It actually seems quite similar to Chinese ssbn's.

Back
Top Bottom