What's new

Pakistan's indigenous built JF - 17 Block III to get state of the art AESA Radar, ECM and Missiles

Pakistan ordered 50 block-III from China in 2012 and still haven't received any :(

Oh come on ... and did you ever read the contract when they should be delivered?

If your intention is to point to delays, then I would suggest to look how many Tejas' the IAF ordered, when they were ordered and how many were delivered by now.

Last edited:
Bottom line j-10 was dropped and jf block 3 will bring more variety in a2a and a2g / a2s role with more gadgets like aesa, hmd, perhaps IRST , better ew and 5th gen weapons

Assuming more weapon station will enhance jf swing role capability

Bottom line j-10 was dropped and jf block 3 will bring more variety in a2a and a2g / a2s role with more gadgets like aesa, hmd, perhaps IRST , better ew and 5th gen weapons

Assuming more weapon station will enhance jf swing role capability
If all these what you have mentioned are really getting into JF17 block three then one can say the overall dimensions are also changed keeping the same design or may be block 3 is based on block B?
Apart from technological parity there is a significant difference in fuel carrying capacity so block 3 still be lagging behind J-10 or it will be almost same ?

If all these what you have mentioned are really getting into JF17 block three then one can say the overall dimensions are also changed keeping the same design or may be block 3 is based on block B?
Apart from technological parity there is a significant difference in fuel carrying capacity so block 3 still be lagging behind J-10 or it will be almost same ?

It’s on statement by one of paf chief that j-10 range need to be extended i think it was Kaleem, I read this myself

The difference may not be that much or paf is happy with jf range for now, if one takes ferry ranges as a reference than jf 3000 vs j-10 3200km vs f-16 4220 km with drop tanks , for range paf will prefer additional f-16s rather than new type

I guess time will tell but for now only $$ are for completion of jf 5plus year may be still need to replace 160-200 aircraft in 10 f-7 and mirage sqn

It’s on statement by one of paf chief that j-10 range need to be extended i think it was Kaleem, I read this myself

The difference may not be that much or paf is happy with jf range for now, if one takes ferry ranges as a reference than jf 3000 vs j-10 3200km vs f-16 4220 km with drop tanks , for range paf will prefer additional f-16s rather than new type

I guess time will tell but for now only $$ are for completion of jf 5plus year may be still need to replace 160-200 aircraft in 10 f-7 and mirage sqn
Yes agreed thanks let’s how JF17 block 3 turn out to be

what after block-3 will be delivered ?

i think project azam but we know nothing about it

Guys what is the progress of Block-III, when we can see flying?

10 sqn with min 16 Ac that’s 160 and with 18 180 to go so total jf order can go up to 260-280 ish for 15-17 sqn which will leave only 4 additional f-16 sqn totalling 20-22 fighter sqn

Assuming next new aircraft will be to start replacing f-16 aircraft some where in 2030-40

The Wing span of b model increased by .5 plus meters bringing it to almost same as f-16
It looks like these specs/config may be for block iii, new weapons stations, external load is already now increased to 4000kg plus actually over 4300kg ??

http://advancepakistan.com/2018/01/03/jf-17-block3/
it has Useful load: 4,325 kg isnt it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC/PAC_JF-17_Thunder

this was also told by Mr Wei's presentation in Kamra in 2012/13, who is jf17 and j20's chief designer.

Yr probably confusing Internal Fuel Capacity: 2,329 kg with it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom