What's new

Pakistans First Gay Marriage

Should we allow gay marriages ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how homophobic people in this thread are. You all seriously need to realize that gay people are human beings and that scientists have identified the reason people are gay. It is men whose bodies produce the same hormones found in females, instead of the ones they should have (male hormones). It is because of GENETICS that people are BORN gay. They CANNOT help it. Ever wonder why animals display homosexuality? Learn some tolerance please.

^^^ I am just joking Jana Ji.

And I do not for a moment think that people like the ones I was referring to exist only in the NWFP - it is a phenomenon all across Pakistan. So please do not think I am singling sarhad out for this - I am an equal opportunity insulter.:D

I was talking about the Bilboards :lol: don know ap ko kia laga :D

Why is there only one choice in this poll?

I think some "fahashi Ka khatma karnay walley" hacked into this thread.

But of course they would say they are still giving us a choice - vote against or "Off with your head"!

I can't believe how homophobic people in this thread are. You all seriously need to realize that gay people are human beings and that scientists have identified the reason people are gay. It is men whose bodies produce the same hormones found in females, instead of the ones they should have (male hormones). It is because of GENETICS that people are BORN gay. They CANNOT help it. Ever wonder why animals display homosexuality? Learn some tolerance please.

I completely agree. As long as the relationship is between two consenting adults, there should not be an issue with this.

I have a nephew who is gay, 15, (lives in the states of course - I don't want to think of the reaction he would face if he was living in Pakistan). So I sympathize with their predicament.

I still remember a conversation I had with his sister (17 at the time), when i inadvertently said, "well its his life and choice and we should respect it".

I'll always remember her response, "Do you really think people want to choose to be ostracized, to be made fun off, to be considered out casts and not have the same rights as the rest of society? Its not a choice - he is what he is."

Agreed.

However this wasn't really a gay marriage IIRC. This was rape. Some rich dude bought off some kid. This particular case WAS of a pervert.

Homosexuals can't choose who they like just as much the rest of us don't choose to like girls. It's just the way it is. You are not convinced to like girls its all in your make up. The same way perhaps the gays aren't convinced to like men out of some perverted indoctrination they were just made to like men.

They might be normal in all other ways.

Ah Asim
That was good enough of you to explain as i was going to explain it to them.
It was not a gay marriage instead the both the adult man and the teenage boys both were men and there is no such provsion in our laws be these Islamic or Pakistani law.
So it was condemend and it should be as it was rather injustice and brutality with that boy.

Secondly the man later as far as i remember the news my paper recieved from our correspondent, denied marrying the guy and said he was like younger brother to him.
But it is a fact that he annonced marrying that guy and there was a ceremoney aslo wherein he served the meal to the guests.

Hmm, agree with most, except disagree it's genetic. However, agreed people can be born gay, but it's not in their genes to be so. Instead it's a problem during gestation rather than something that's past on hereditarily. I also don't believe it's normal. I really don't. It's funny the way people say gays should be respected and should not be afraid to feel what they say (that they are gay), I feel the same way, that if I say they're not normal (and i'm not basing it on personal bias), then i'll be pounced upon by the liberals. There's good scientifc evidence it's not genetic, more of an aberration.

Having said that, I do think people cannot help to be gay. So each to their own. In terms of legalizing gay marriages in Pakistan, I'm not so sure. If they're happy with it, they should be allowed to live together, but Islamically it's not possible to legalize it, and for the health of society it probably shouldn't be legalize..but then they shouldnt perhaps be ostracized, somehow just made to fit in with the rest of society. Anyhow, the case of a 16 year old boy comes more under underage relationships, so it should be classed as illegal anyway in this case.

Incidentally Jana, I totally disagree with your signature :)

To quote Gandalf, "Do not be so eager to take away that which you cannot give".

Who are they hurting?

:tup: and it true poetic sense it was Sir Ian McKellen, one of the most revered icons of gay rights activism who vocalized those words on screen.

I have never understood why homosexuals through time have received such ire from their heterosexual counterparts.

As a side note: the theories about genetic links, gestational fetal/maternal hormone exposure are yet to be substantially proven. Hence there isn't a definitive scientific "explanation" for homosexuality.

What we do know is that homosexuality as a behavior has existed through the history of homosapiens and is probably a result of complex physiological and environmental factors and hence falls under "normal" range of human development.

As a side note: the theories about genetic links, gestational fetal/maternal hormone exposure are yet to be substantially proven. Hence there isn't a definitive scientific "explanation" for homosexuality.

There's substantial evidence in both animals and humans that some gestational factors affect sexual orientation. Publications are full of it. It's impossible to prove 100% only because of the difficulty in isolating hormones in the womb and controlling the hormonal concentrations. It's a scientific limitation, but the proof is based on majority evidence which is quite clear.

What we do know is that homosexuality as a behavior has existed through the history of homosapiens and is probably a result of complex physiological and environmental factors and hence falls under "normal" range of human development.

No. The reason why it has not been selected for or against in human history, is because homosexuality has nothing to do with genes. It's a gestative problem, and so natural selection does not lead to an elimination of homosexuality in the same way that say sickle cell anaemic genes might be selected for in Africa. If it was genetic it would have long been eliminated due to the impossibility of assexual reproduction in humans.

absolutely bloody not! This is biggest tragedy in Pakistan. And worst part is giving legal status to 3rd genderers. They go against the strong moral and family values bequeathed upon our nation.

Prosecute them!!!! There is no Place for Fagots in Pakistan.

527439645bce45d29cfef0210e01ddad.gif

4a4d64ca922ea068f7e5648a7c561989.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not, during my recent visit I got a few lustful stares when walking in the bazaars of Peshawar. Indeed, most were Afghan kids and men. One guy winked and smiled at me whilst I was standing and talking to a shopkeeper. To make matters worse, he went on to make a kissing gesture! For a moment I just froze there and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Yuk! This sickness need to be rooted out of the society!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom