What's new

Pakistanis ranked 4th most intelligent people globally

So, has anyone found another specific non-Pakistani site proving this to be true?

The intelligence scores came from work carried out earlier this decade by Richard Lynn, a British psychologist, and Tatu Vanhanen, a Finnish political scientist, who analysed IQ studies from 113 countries, and from subsequent work by Jelte Wicherts, a Dutch psychologist.

National IQ Scores - Country Rankings

South Asian countries including pakistan ranks around the lower quartile with 80-85 average.

But personally i think IQ level is highly correlated with the literacy rate of a country. Highly educated countries like in Europe, US, Russia ranks in the upper tier. Whereas poorer nations which cannot afford to educate their people ranks lower. This is nothing abnormal.

As for this survey, it was surely biased. Maybe they only surveyed the educated pakistan people? Any survey can be skewed that way. Conduct the survey according to a straight sample where 50% of the pakistan people are uneducated and you will get the real result.

The intelligence scores came from work carried out earlier this decade by Richard Lynn, a British psychologist, and Tatu Vanhanen, a Finnish political scientist, who analysed IQ studies from 113 countries, and from subsequent work by Jelte Wicherts, a Dutch psychologist.

South Asian countries including pakistan ranks around the lower quartile with 80-85 average.

But personally i think IQ level is highly correlated with the literacy rate of a country. Highly educated countries like in Europe, US, Russia ranks in the upper tier. Whereas poorer nations which cannot afford to educate their people ranks lower. This is nothing abnormal.

As for this survey, it was surely biased. Maybe they only surveyed the educated pakistan people? Any survey can be skewed that way. Conduct the survey according to a straight sample where 50% of the pakistan people are uneducated and you will get the real result.

Mongalia is 6th in that list..Thats interesting..Also i would expect to see Russia and India on higher spot..Very interesting ranking

a country's condition gives a better look about the intelligence of their nationals rather than these ratings which are just like Oscars gives some ppl a feel good factor.

Congrats!! Who is #1,2,3 and rest? Where do india ,china, amreeka stand?

I have looked at research like this before & the results tend to vary depending upon the sample size or the variation within the sample itself. I don't have the link at the moment, but one of the studies I looked at stated that Germans have the highest average IQ among Europeans. I remember their IQ being around 103-106, but in this study it turned out to be 99; that's a substantial change in my opinion.

Some resources even suggest genetic factors being linked to the intelligence quotient. Although the importance of these factors isn't established & is an interesting topic of debate.

Discussing intelligence quotients just reminded me of an interesting article from BBC news that I read some time ago about a 4 year old girl with an IQ of 159.

BBC News - Four-year-old Heidi Hankins joins Mensa with 159 IQ

Not only was she able to count till 40 by the age of 2, but she taught herself to read as well. Now that, is amazing Masha Allah, may God bless her!

I do not fully agree on this but most of talent go abroad and working out side of country due to no appreciation in homeland... :rolleyes:

India doesn't even have plans for making nuclear sub and has to buy 2nd class ones from daddy Russia while Pakistan is making/done with nuclear sub :rofl:

:lol: 4th most intelligent people globally.
BBC NEWS | South Asia | India launches nuclear submarine
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/world/asia/27india.html
India launches nuclear submarine - CNN

As a member of PDF and as a person who studies about defence affairs , the least you should know is that India launched a nuclear submarine about an year ago. Pakistan is nowhere near manufacturing a nuclear submarine than launching even a simple rocket into space ( something India did about a decade ago). The GSLV MK3 which is going to be launched this year , it's going to take you people another two decades to master that technology , unless of course you get it from the Chinese.

As the 4th most intelligent people and Indians just being low IQ inferiors, the least you should have done is launch a 6000km missile in response to a 5000 km missile , but everyone knows what happened. That launch day provides Indians with lot of happy memories and things to joke about

I have looked at research like this before & the results tend to vary depending upon the sample size or the variation within the sample itself. I don't have the link at the moment, but one of the studies I looked at stated that Germans have the highest average IQ among Europeans. I remember their IQ being around 103-106, but in this study it turned out to be 99; that's a substantial change in my opinion.

Some resources even suggest genetic factors being linked to the intelligence quotient. Although the importance of these factors isn't established & is an interesting topic of debate.

Discussing intelligence quotients just reminded me of an interesting article from BBC news that I read some time ago about a 4 year old girl with an IQ of 159.

BBC News - Four-year-old Heidi Hankins joins Mensa with 159 IQ

Not only was she able to count till 40 by the age of 2, but she taught herself to read as well. Now that, is amazing Masha Allah, may God bless her!

Germany still ranks in the upper tier - 99. But this study is very suspicious. If pakistan is to rank 4th in worldwide average IQ, it would have to have 105+ IQ. Other studies such as the one I showed puts pakistan at 84... isn't that a very big difference?

Germany still ranks in the upper tier - 99. But this study is very suspicious. If pakistan is to rank 4th in worldwide average IQ, it would have to have 105+ IQ. Other studies such as the one I showed puts pakistan at 84... isn't that a very big difference?

I agree Germany's score is still pretty good, but I was surprised by their score dropping below 100 in this study. That's what happens if the sample size or the quality of the sample itself changes. As for Pakistan, I am not that surprised by their results because other studies on IQ that I have read my self have given Pakistan a score around 83-86.

The article in the first post of this thread if assumed to be true could only have been possible if the survey sample consisted of Pakistanis with an extremely high IQ to begin with. Otherwise in comparison to other sources, it's illogical to believe that common Pakistanis in general would rank as the 4th most intelligent people. Although, it should be noted that the original article doesn't really refer explicitly to the intelligence quotient, it discusses the performance of Pakistanis based upon the case studies of a few successful ones. That is what I meant by the results varying depending upon the elements the sample consists of.

He may give up trying to defend this fake study but someone else will surely take his place.. there is no need to be rational here it seems.

He may give up trying to defend this fake study but someone else will surely take his place.. there is no need to be rational here it seems.

Are you referring to me? I did not try & defend this study, & there is nothing irrational about whatever I stated in my last few posts on this thread. I simply pointed out that the results vary depending upon the sample size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom