What's new

PAKISTANI WOMAN with a PHD in MATH charging $4 for tuition.

bro whattt.
My mum used to pay like £20 an hour for my maths tutoring twice a week for two years straight.

Not to mention, that guy was absolutely phenomenal, but that’s beside the point. Tutoring is extremely expensive, and I’ll keep my eye out for these bargains in the future
Ustaad ji, while everyone is regaling tales of their luck with the ladies, the lack of the same from you is suspect at best, rather this post indicates you were in close proximity to gross physical harm at the time.
What the hell is going on in this thread man? 💀 💀 💀

bro whattt.
My mum used to pay like £20 an hour for my maths tutoring twice a week for two years straight.

Not to mention, that guy was absolutely phenomenal, but that’s beside the point. Tutoring is extremely expensive, and I’ll keep my eye out for these bargains in the future
7fw3kt.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
On a serious note, instead of spending that extra money and time on tuition, why don't you niggas just go to a better school? I never understood. But, then again, I never ever took tuition, and also never went to a good school, . :lol: so what do it know?

7fw3kt.jpg

On a serious note, instead of spending that extra money and time on tuition, why don't you niggas just go to a better school? I never understood. But, then again, I never ever took tuition, and also never went to a good school, . :lol: so what do it know?

I went to the worst secondary school in London (UK) in the 1980s/90s yet I managed to go to university and get a BSc (Hons) degree in Mathematics and a PGCE in Mathematics from UCL. Me and my brother were the ONLY Asian kids in the whole school of 1100 pupils. If you want to study and do well, you can do it anywhere.

thanks for sharing, I will keep this mind when my kids need tutoring. The prices for Kumon and other tutoring services here in the US is insane
I have been tutoring my neighbor's kids for $20/hr. They do home schooling but mom and dad are busy.

I went to the worst secondary school in London (UK) in the 1980s/90s yet I managed to go to university and get a BSc (Hons) degree in Mathematics and a PGCE in Mathematics from UCL. Me and my brother were the ONLY Asian kids in the whole school of 1100 pupils. If you want to study and do well, you can do it anywhere.
I am the youngest of my siblings. My father took out loans to have my elders siblings go to PIPS School System, which was all the rage at the time. Very expensive. Then got them into universities in Islamabad. The results were disappointing for all that effort, lol

So, I made a point of going to shitty schools.
:lol:
My own teachers would tell me to switch to better schools.

There were two private colleges in the area that were very popular and expensive 70k/year. I got a full scholarship and got into one of them. Bailed two weeks later because private colleges were all the rage at that time and all the rich spoilt brats and chichora people were all there.
Two weeks there and I got into the nearby F.G. college for a few thousand. quiet, wide open ground. One of the best times of my life.

Then I had to option to get into Quaid-e-Azam uni, but didn't want to overburden my father. I chose to go into virtual university as I was used to studying on my own. Did all 8 semesters on 100% scholarship. The degree is worthless but aren't they all.
I am working as a freelance web developer. Make a decent living.

In addition to my father's pension. I am the sole breadwinner for my family now. Have to pay back all the loans he took to house, educate my elder sibling in top tier school and universities.

So, this is something I feel strongly about.

Now, I am not that smart. In fact, I feel quite the other way around, hence my username. But, I do love to read, which helped with getting good at English and that's been the single most important factor in my life.

I guess what I want to say is
Kids, don't be a burden to your parents. Get off your a*s and make halal what they are spending for your schooling and forget about that tuition stuff.

@AlKardai

7fw3kt.jpg

Well I did go to the best school in my area.

They’re just too overworked to deal with kids who don’t understand a certain topic. Most of our teachers actually discouraged the kids from coming back at break time to have things explained to them again. Hell, even in class the teachers wouldn’t explain things twice. They’re on such a tight schedule that they literally call it a you problem if you don’t understand in the first demonstration.

The issue for me was that I was very good at every single other subject, until I had a bad teacher for maths. In that one year, I fell so far behind that trying to catch up caused me to ruin my timetable for revision of other subjects. So we took up tuition, and I did very well in everything I took at secondary school. I don’t think I could have done it without the tuition I had

Now, I am not that smart. In fact, I feel quite the other way around, hence my username. But, I do love to read, which helped with getting good at English and that's been the single most important factor in my life.
Yeah, don’t sweat it man.
True intelligence comes from knowing how the world works, and how to dynamically synchronise everything you need to live happily- family, home, car, work etc.

Academic intelligence is just a tool you use to boost a particular part of that chain, although it will greatly aid the outcome
I guess what I want to say is
Kids, don't be a burden to your parents. Get off your a*s and make halal what they are spending for your schooling and forget about that tuition stuff.

@AlKardai
Yeah, I agree. I’ve seen a massive number of school and college dropouts in this generation, to the point where I’m actually scared for the future of academia. Not as many people are studying to the same level anymore, which is leading to the innate, slow brain drain of more developed countries, as a comfortable lifestyle becomes less difficult to gain.

Anyhow, my advice to the generation would be exactly the same as yours. Study hard, get a good job. But then start investing in assets, like real estate or learn a skill that’ll make you a lot of money. That is the only way to true financial freedom.

Last edited:
Well I did go to the best school in my area.

They’re just too overworked to deal with kids who don’t understand a certain topic. Most of our teachers actually discouraged the kids from coming back at break time to have things explained to them again. Hell, even in class the teachers wouldn’t explain things twice. They’re on such a tight schedule that they literally call it a you problem if you don’t understand in the first demonstration.

The issue for me was that I was very good at every single other subject, until I had a bad teacher for maths. In that one year, I fell so far behind that trying to catch up caused me to ruin my timetable for revision of other subjects. So we took up tuition, and I did very well in everything I took at secondary school. I don’t think I could have done it without the tuition I had
There's always genuine cases. But, here in Pakistan, this is a worrying trend. Tuition after school is a given. At schools, teachers can't be bothered to help kids. At home, parents can't be bothered either.

My sister taught high school for 5 years. Parents will get their kids tuition but don't even bother checking what's going on with their kids. Are they learning at school? Are they GOING to school?

She was just telling yesterday that once a pupil of hers was absent without leave. So, the school phones his home. His mother picked up. She didn't know her son hadn't gone to school and had to check his room and found him there. Like at 10AM, she doesn't know whether her son has gone to school. Which means two things, she didn't wake up and send him. and that she woke up later and didn't bother checking on him.

As someone who knows how a freelance market works I can assure you by no means she is poor or doing this because of unemployment or desperation.
They charge little but by gathering lots of clients they end up earning nice cash. Plus she is also working as a university lecturer and also earning from there.
One USD is close to $300 so in Pakistan that gives her a lot of purchasing power.

I wuld suggest that you hire from JUSTDIAL or similar. Excellent tutors are available for nuch cheaper. Private tutors teaching 1 hours a day, 6 days a week for lik 8-10000 INR(Approx. 100USD) per month which comes to 4 USD per hour.
The quality will be much superior to Pakistani tutors and language will be less of an issue as they can speak english fluently. India's STEM education is far far superior to Pak's. A graduate from a mid-tier college willbe superior to a Phd from Pak's premier colleges.
You’re ranked 143 on the Worlds IQ list. Pakistan is ranked higher at 120. Pakistanis average iq is 4% higher than an Indian. You might want to go spread disinformation somewhere. I’ve hired both Indian and Pakistanis in the past and I’d say Pakistan has much more quality than india. Now I exclusively hire Pakistanis for all my freelance work.

Last edited:
There's always genuine cases. But, here in Pakistan, this is a worrying trend. Tuition after school is a given. At schools, teachers can't be bothered to help kids. At home, parents can't be bothered either.
Seems to be the generic trend of schooling nowadays, and not just in the west
My sister taught high school for 5 years. Parents will get their kids tuition but don't even bother checking what's going on with their kids. Are they learning at school? Are they GOING to school?

She was just telling yesterday that once a pupil of hers was absent without leave. So, the school phones his home. His mother picked up. She didn't know her son hadn't gone to school and had to check his room and found him there. Like at 10AM, she doesn't know whether her son has gone to school. Which means two things, she didn't wake up and send him. and that she woke up later and didn't bother checking on him.
The amount of children who skip school is very large, many of them doing so without their parents ever finding out. But the price to pay for these antics, is future brain drain and staggering economies

As someone who knows how a freelance market works I can assure you by no means she is poor or doing this because of unemployment or desperation.
They charge little but by gathering lots of clients they end up earning nice cash. Plus she is also working as a university lecturer and also earning from there.
One USD is close to $300 so in Pakistan that gives her a lot of purchasing power.
I said this in my earlier post.

I took Spanish from 7th grade to 12th. I have intermediate knowledge.
Not many desis where we lived in Flushing. I didn’t date anyone, but had many desis girls typically write love letters to me. NYC was segregated in the 90s. There was a pecking order and desis were at the lowest at least in Queens.
I was athletic and my group consisted of Greek, Asian, and Balkans. We also played sports all year around so that attracted a lot of girls to me. Sorry if this offends anyone - but there was a bias towards darker skin desis. Ivd always had fairer skin so that attracted many girls. Just my experiences. I miss the 90s lol. 9/11 changed the culture of America. Those who grew up here know what I am talking about.
Indeed, the 90s were a Golden era, and 9/11 changed everything. Although, with the GWOT ending, and the shift of media rhetoric against Russia and China has “lowered the temperature” to some extent. If positive cultural exports come out of Pakistan, similar to the Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan concert in Central Park in the 90s, I can see Pakistan and the image of Pakistanis reverting back to what it was like in the 90s.

Desis are no longer on the bottom of social hierarchy, that is probably held by the newest immigrant groups; Central Americans and Africans. But that has always been the trend in NYC.

If you still live in the area, would you say it’s an area worth living in nowadays?

Btw, if you want to go down memory lane and check out how things looked back then, check out the following website.

Last edited:
It’s very sad but our women especially in Pakistan are much more educated than our boys. Even in Karachi, they have to have reserved seats for boys so that they can make it to uni.
I hope universities add a course in their curriculum in how people can monetize their education in the global market. There is a lot of talent that just needs to know what is out there.

Why do you figure boys don’t want to go to university? Would you say it’s linked primarily to the lack of jobs in Pakistan?

If you still live in the area, would you say it’s an area worth living in?
So my family moved to Delaware in late 2000, but we went back every month because of family, friends, and grocery shopping.

I wouldn’t recommend living there if you have a family. High crime, high taxes, poor quality of life (compared to other larger cities), it’s great for visiting but I couldn’t live there.

Our cousins and their parents used to mock us for leaving nyc and talked so much smack on Delaware but now those same folks - all of them moved to Texas.

NYC and America in the 90s was a surreal place. Everyone gel very well. 9/11 changed the country. It made them more miserable at an individual level. Negative energy became norm.

Unless, it was with her consent, I find it very inaapproprite that details of the professor were shared publically regrding her chrging $$ for tution.

We already know the corrupt political mafia and their college dropout handlers are desprte for dollars at the moment and might now blackmil the prof.. and other freelancrs like her for their share to contine the tortur and abdction of civilians.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom