What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

Early indications are that a revolving Bay for launching torpedoes will be installed by Leonardo.
Where is this info coming from?
Because earlier we thought minimum modifocation

As per contract amount for conversion with Leonardo seems to be limited set of additions in intial 3 jets . ..

Do hope PN get some part ToT of conversion from Leonardo later on locally

As per contract amount for conversion with Leonardo seems to be limited set of additions in intial 3 jets . ..

Do hope PN get some part ToT of conversion from Leonardo later on locally
I thinl yhey might do a coat benefit analysis. These TOTs are not cheap and substantially add to the cost. For 10 planes is it worth it and will we want to sell these platforms? If not then does not make any sense to me.
This remains my opinion and could be totally wrong.
A

I thinl yhey might do a coat benefit analysis. These TOTs are not cheap and substantially add to the cost. For 10 planes is it worth it and will we want to sell these platforms? If not then does not make any sense to me.
This remains my opinion and could be totally wrong.
A
your opinion is completely valid and correct

This is an original project. So the overhead will not be cheap, especially if there are internal torpedo bays and external weapon hardpoints involved. I suspect Leonardo is actually picking up most -- or all -- of the development cost so that it can market it to other countries. The PN serving as a launch customer with 10 aircraft makes this an easier investment for Leonardo as it'd have a proven (and decently high-profile) user to validate the program.

Basically, as daring as the PN can be, it's still a Pakistani institution. I would never expect them to bankroll a high-risk, original project. Leonardo is likely picking up the tab and the PN is probably paying a pretty good unit price thanks to its status as a launch customer, IMHO.

This is an original project. So the overhead will not be cheap, especially if there are internal torpedo bays and external weapon hardpoints involved. I suspect Leonardo is actually picking up most -- or all -- of the development cost so that it can market it to other countries. The PN serving as a launch customer with 10 aircraft makes this an easier investment for Leonardo as it'd have a proven (and decently high-profile) user to validate the program.

Basically, as daring as the PN can be, it's still a Pakistani institution. I would never expect them to bankroll a high-risk, original project. Leonardo is likely picking up the tab and the PN is probably paying a pretty good unit price thanks to its status as a launch customer, IMHO.
Agreed, There is a good commercial prospect for a jet MPA as P-8 rival/alternative is missing, so this product could likely not be just PN specific.

When will conversion for the first plane commence ? any expected timelines when it will be initiated and completed. Normally how much months/years it may take up for complete modification, conversion and weapons integration for such a plane.

i will reject it without external missiles like this

1630998928511.png

Do we know what role the SA firm which has been contracted will play?
A

View attachment 776137
Sarkar if you reject it ghey will eject you from 25k feet without a parachute.😃😀😅🤣. Sorry could not resist aresponse in rhyme.
On a serious note, externally there will be hardpoints for missiles. The torpedoes will be based internally.
A

View attachment 776137
Sarkar if you reject it they will eject you from 25k feet without a parachute. In effect you will crash land and your head will show a major defect .😃😀😅🤣. Sorry could not resist aresponse in rhyme.As my younger brother I reserve the right to joke with you.once in a while, so please dont mind it.
On a serious note, externally there will be hardpoints for missiles. The torpedoes will be based internally.
A

Sarkar if you reject it they will eject you from 25k feet without a parachute. In effect you will crash land and your head will show a major defect .😃😀😅🤣. Sorry could not resist aresponse in rhyme.As my younger brother I reserve the right to joke with you.once in a while, so please dont mind it.
A
without missiles surface fleet of enemy will make joke of these jets

P-3C can also carry sidewinders for self defence or taking out other MPAs
Such missiles will only be good against helicopters and other maritime patrol aircraft. Against fighters you will be pushing your luck

If the image below is any guide then probably yes it will be carrying heat seekers
1630688422739-png.775333

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom