What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

What weapons n sensors its occupied ? or still PN going to use 70's made harpoon missile ?

We need to understand the terminology of inducting a platform. It has to be fully loaded if new built, before handing over to the service.

In this case since bird was in use already, the airframe is evaluated in current form if it can fill the role for which we are acquiring, since we are satisfied, we inducted the platform in current shape and now we will go for upgradation, installing, equipping and updating it to our needs and doctrine in view of future challenges and changing dynamics of modern Warfare.

Thread already exist. Please avoid creating duplicate thread. Check the relevant section before posting a Thread. Threads merged accordingly.

Regards
A quick update, who has been finalised for the conversion?

OK just came in my mind this similar to the 'induction' of Yarmook and Tabuk OPVs .... sensor will be integrated later

@Rashid Mahmood shaib once explain about this ... which I don't remember exactly ..... so If possible Rashid Shaib might you explain it again ....

Yes, the aircraft has been inducted but integration of weapons & sensors will be done later.

As this is not a designed LRMP, it will be handed over to a modification company for installation/integration of sensors on a later date.

All ATRs went through a similar upgrade/mod.

@JamD @khansaheeb
There is an ISTian in this pic :D
Edit: Clear pic
1630675011805.png

Last edited:
Picture is too blurry but I only know of the guy from batch 06. Is he the one you are referring to?
I know batch-06 guys,😮!! I couldn't find any. Nonetheless, he is from batch 05 :D .

Fantastic Upgrade , congrats to the Navy's Recon and Neutralization of Enemy Submarines / Enemy Ships group.
10-15 Units would a proper Upgrade

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom