What's new

Pakistan will reportedly commence formal negotiations for the T129 ATAK

Why PA is not trying to acquire heavy weight helicopters like AH-1Z Cobras? The quantity which PA will receive of AH-1Z is not enough & will not meet the requirement of PA.

Chances of getting US weapon is always risky in terms of delivery as Supplier id untrustworthy with us.We have seen many examples, F-16 (1990-deal), Recent years, 8-F16 deal.After one Alamgir Ship rest supposed to be deliver but nothing, Drones were promised but low quality were offered.

In this situation, it would be just silly decision to stuck with bigger contract with USA and end up with nothing.

Zero. The PAA has basically selected the AH-1Z as its heavy, so that is what they'll try to keep adding, but at an incremental and low-quantity basis.
sir do you think we chose the wrong heavy helicopter in long run ? specially whats going on with trums mode i doubt it USA will let us order more helicopters without making us beg for them and make us pay higher price... I am sure we will have difficulty getting parts from them as well ....
sir have you got any information if any other country have ordered AH-1Z helicopters or want them in near future ?

sir do you think we chose the wrong heavy helicopter in long run ? specially whats going on with trums mode i doubt it USA will let us order more helicopters without making us beg for them and make us pay higher price... I am sure we will have difficulty getting parts from them as well ....
sir have you got any information if any other country have ordered AH-1Z helicopters or want them in near future ?
That is why we are looking and pursuing other options Mikaal in the shame of T129 and Z10 (of these, T129 seem to be nearing an official contract)

IF they successfully ink the contract, they'll probably go with a uniform shade of grey like Turkish Army units (and old PAA Cobras).

Arent PAAs cobras mostly painted in military green.
Personally I prefer the ATAKs in military green and mountain camo.

Also will we also get the HMDS with these choppers?

Arent PAAs cobras mostly painted in military green.
Personally I prefer the ATAKs in military green and mountain camo.

Some are in green, others in dark grey and desert. As for the ATAK HMD/S, it'll probably be the Aselsan AVCI.

Chances of getting US weapon is always risky in terms of delivery as Supplier id untrustworthy with us.We have seen many examples, F-16 (1990-deal), Recent years, 8-F16 deal.After one Alamgir Ship rest supposed to be deliver but nothing, Drones were promised but low quality were offered.

In this situation, it would be just silly decision to stuck with bigger contract with USA and end up with nothing.

I am not saying that Pakistan should buy US products. what I am trying to say is why Pakistan is not exploring for other options to meet their requirements.

I am not saying that Pakistan should buy US products. what I am trying to say is why Pakistan is not exploring for other options to meet their requirements.
commissions
governments look for commissions ..

yea if we ask them nicely
but we will have to pay for them

I read somewhere that the HMDS comes standard with the chopper?!

Can the same HMDS be used on our jet e.x. JF17??

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Irfan Baloch

HMDS for helis is a different beast from HMDS in a fighter jet. In a fighter, if the canopy fails to open up during ejection, there are mechanisms built to forcefully break open the canopy. Imagine the stresses involved in such a scenario. Then immediately being hurled into a possibly supersonic airflow filled with debris. It is a different beast altogether.

That is why we are looking and pursuing other options Mikaal in the shame of T129 and Z10 (of these, T129 seem to be nearing an official contract)

Sir we are masters in keeping second hand stuff alive, as happened in case of Mirage 3/V, if Iran is able to keep Super Cobras operational after four decades so shall us in future in case of sanctions. Even our F16s were kept operational during sanctions by USA. Though we may face difficulties.

Back
Top Bottom