What's new

ATAK for Pakistan army

As any new domesticated advanced weapon system emerge from Turkyie, Pakistan will be among first buyers.

If accurate, then it seems that the PAA sought the Z-10ME for the 'heavy' requirement left by the AH-1Z, while the ATAK will manage the 'light -- i.e., armed recon, high-altitude, etc -- role.

The Pak Army fooled us; we were under the impression with the Z-10ME deal completed, the ATAK was dead in the water. Surprising that it wasn't taken off the table.

Seems the US is concerned about the Chinese influence in the defense sector of Pakistan. After the sudden and unexpected delivery of the Chinese J10c and now Chinese gunship. Plus seems Pak change its foreign policy and provide weapons to Ukraine. A regular delivery

If accurate, then it seems that the PAA sought the Z-10ME for the 'heavy' requirement left by the AH-1Z, while the ATAK will manage the 'light -- i.e., armed recon, high-altitude, etc -- role.
There is still no official confirmation that PAA has acquired Z-10ME.
IMO, provided the technical parameters are met, PAA should opt for combination of ATAK and ATAK-2 for full filling its gunship requirements.

There is still no official confirmation that PAA has acquired Z-10ME.
IMO, provided the technical parameters are met, PAA should opt for combination of ATAK and ATAK-2 for full filling its gunship requirements.
ATAK 2 doesn't even have a flying prototype yet.

When it came to the Atak wasn't there some talk originally about some airframes being built in Pakistan

Our defence budget is so small that our development budget is nowhere near enough to cover everything we need

We have a massive need for attack helicopters and drones we can make ourselves or with a partner

Seems the US is concerned about the Chinese influence in the defense sector of Pakistan. After the sudden and unexpected delivery of the Chinese J10c and now Chinese gunship. Plus seems Pak change its foreign policy and provide weapons to Ukraine. A regular delivery

It would be interesting to know how much the generals are earning from these sales.. ....

Will the same engine equip the newer T129 variant too?
Same engine. In military engines, the lubrication system is different. The lubrication function must continue even if the military helicopter turns upside down while flying. Civilian engines do not have this type of complex lubrication system because it is undesirable for the civilian helicopter to flip over while flying. TS-1400 is dual-use.

Back
Top Bottom