What's new

Pakistan will reportedly commence formal negotiations for the T129 ATAK

I'm hearing that the requirement is >50 locally produced birds.
/
I am too much confused why Pakistan is going for 4 different types of birds.. ? Please correct me if i perceived anything wrong..

1- Pakistan ordered AH-1Z from US as Pakistan currently operating older version and will have no difficulty to operate newer version and can't go to replace its entire fleet of aging birds as it is expensive and Pakistan want to avoid any future sanctions from US will harm Pakistan interests..

2- Pakistan Ordered Mi-35 (Hind) from Russia as Pakistan already using Mi-17 will have no difficulty to train Pakistani pilots on Mi-35 and Pakistan can use Mi-35 for both purposes for transportation and attack..!

3- Pakistan evaluated and used Chinese Z-10 and didn't satisfied Pakistan's requirement that's why Pakistan is not going for Z-10

4- Pakistan evaluated Turkish ATAK-129 and satisfied from it that's why Pakistan going for it (Pakistan will have ToT agreement too i think).

Those 3 Z-10 are still in service, what about them? Will PA send them back or keep them. Did we paid for those 3 Z-10s?
I think China sent it to evaluate in real time war situation..! Pakistan would shared all the data from the field to china to improve the bird

/
I am too much confused why Pakistan is going for 4 different types of birds.. ? Please correct me if i perceived anything wrong..

1- Pakistan ordered AH-1Z from US as Pakistan currently operating older version and will have no difficulty to operate newer version and can't go to replace its entire fleet of aging birds as it is expensive and Pakistan want to avoid any future sanctions from US will harm Pakistan interests..

2- Pakistan Ordered Mi-35 (Hind) from Russia as Pakistan already using Mi-17 will have no difficulty to train Pakistani pilots on Mi-35 and Pakistan can use Mi-35 for both purposes for transportation and attack..!

3- Pakistan evaluated and used Chinese Z-10 and didn't satisfied Pakistan's requirement that's why Pakistan is not going for Z-10

4- Pakistan evaluated Turkish ATAK-129 and satisfied from it that's why Pakistan going for it (Pakistan will have ToT agreement too i think).

I think China sent it to evaluate in real time war situation..! Pakistan would shared all the data from the field to china to improve the bird
We operate earlier models of cobra from USA and when an opportunity opened up we ordered the new models to support and later replace the existing fleet.

Mi35 offer a unique feature that it can carry fully equipped troops to hot zone, drop them off and stand guard providing fire support, evac the team and head back. They are being ordered for that particular role only. Numbers wont be too high.

Z10 and T129 were evaluated as we need a new platform given our realtions with USA that are not very stable. Cannot reply only on Cobra. T129 and/or Z10 which ever is finalized will be the main stay of our attack helicopter fleet in future. Z10 had some issues and the T129 is the front runner to secure that order now.

Of critical importance is a viable industrial base..

After JF17 experience.. it is high time that PAC start building helicopters as well. No need to reinvent the wheel...

Local manufacturing even underlicence is the key... need of the hour is to spend less on buying off-the-shelf and making more locally...

Military Industries do pay a vital role in industrialisation of a country... the enitre ecosystem benefits.

Today it appears that Pak doesn't have much money to buy the critically needed systems....but ten years from now it would be different story....

Pak would be needing a large number of civilian and military helicopters... down the road...

From JF17 PAF/PAC got the confidence to think about NGF and locally built 5th Gen Fighter... let that also happen to helicopters.

By the look of things... the military industrial cooperation between Turkey and Pak is growing rapidly in all areas... combined with China this truly offers Pak an opportunity to fill the gaps in its industrial base. All that is required is a vision and some honest dedication!

So eventually, PAA is looking for
100 Attack helicopter of various model and make
100 Utility helicopter fleet of various kind

It would be Smart PAA wing

We need to get T-129 and with TOT. Not just some parts but as many things as we can. Also it's time we start trying to get the order of Zulu doubled I mean we ordered 15 let's try to get 15 more and making it 30 and with that 70 to 90 T-129 should be part of Army aviation. As far as MI-35 are concerned well for that are coming for special forces and counter insurgency. I doubt they would be used for dedicated attack roles.

° T-129 to replace Cobras, build numbers. Initially 30 will be ordered.

° AH-1Z to form the spearhead, order likely to grow to 25-30 birds.

° Around 20 Mi-35E are planned for Special Ops.

° Z-10 is a stopgap for now.

Eventually, we might be looking at around a decent 100 attack helos in service.
20-35 AH1Z may be a far chance. 10 ordered are from FMS. Pak wont ba able to front up the bill if Additional vipers are not from FMS.
Pakistan did not buy 8 F-16s once they were removed from FMS and US said buy at commercial rates.

We need to get T-129 and with TOT. Not just some parts but as many things as we can. Also it's time we start trying to get the order of Zulu doubled I mean we ordered 15 let's try to get 15 more and making it 30 and with that 70 to 90 T-129 should be part of Army aviation. As far as MI-35 are concerned well for that are coming for special forces and counter insurgency. I doubt they would be used for dedicated attack roles.
Ya Sheikh!
Firstly we have only ordered 12 so far.Secondly, let those 12 come in first. With the US administration changing its colours like a Chameleon, it is best to not get too excited. Lets wait and see on this one although they will be welcome once they come.
A

Most of these arms deals are turning out to be "Rafale" deals and T-129 is top of that... I was in university when I heard about these plans and saw z-10s flying pass over Lahore.. It's been 1 year of me at job and all I am hearing about is tests and negotiations..lolx ... Off topic: who won the assault rifle tender btw..???
Turks are sloooow in such matters. don't ask why.

We HAVE NOT ordered 15 dear,
We ordered 12.

The Z-10, T129 and Z-19E are all lightweight attack helicopters, so acquiring two types in this realm would mean duplication. If the Army is intending to greatly expand the Aviation Combat Group, then operating costs, maintenance costs, turnaround and up-time will also factor in to the Army's final decision.

Why PA is not trying to acquire heavy weight helicopters like AH-1Z Cobras? The quantity which PA will receive of AH-1Z is not enough & will not meet the requirement of PA.

I can't see them adding more AH-1Z before they have the T129 program past its initial milestone (30 aircraft).

Bro wat do u think r the chances of PAC taking the ATAKs platform and turning it into a heavier bird like the apache. How viable would that be in view the various and diverse Pakistani needs ex. easter and western border?

Bro wat do u think r the chances of PAC taking the ATAKs platform and turning it into a heavier bird like the apache. How viable would that be in view the various and diverse Pakistani needs ex. easter and western border?
Zero. The PAA has basically selected the AH-1Z as its heavy, so that is what they'll try to keep adding, but at an incremental and low-quantity basis.

Back
Top Bottom