What's new

Pakistan will not free doctor who helped U.S. find bin Laden

Didn't the ISI work for CIA during the Afghan war?! Just saying...maybe change the wording to avoid technicalities
Isnt ISI a state institution? or are you dumb enough to equal state to state cooperation with a civilian spying on his own country for a foriegn agency?

Like I said, if you read the post, it says "all those willing to work with an intelligence agency"...hence the technicality.
Hope you know the difference.

Now don't get emotional for no reason, I just pointed out the grave mistake in that statement coz you would have to make a lesson of ISI first!

ISI is a state institution. Today you are asking to make lesson out of ISI for working with CIA. Tomorrow you would ask to release convicted murderers because Pakistan army also kills people(terrorists/Indian soldiers/etc)

As I said. I don't know what sh!t is brewing in minds of you Indians but difference between ISI and Shakeel Afridi is pretty simple to understand.

Isnt ISI a state institution? or are you dumb enough to equal state to state cooperation with a civilian spying on his own country for a foriegn agency?

You telling me that ISI does not consist of individuals (spies, handlers, informants) that haven't at different times worked with intelligence agencies, groups, terrorist organizations? Sometime to the detriment of the nation?
Seems no one taught you about double agents.

I think you people have placed ISI on a pedestal. It's not an incorruptible org. We can clearly see how the worlds best spy agency allowed Pakistan to fall to the wolves of ttp..yeah, I'm sure no one in ISI has worked for a foreign agency! Now I'm convinced

I'm bored of this conversation anyways, you Pakistanis are more sensitive than a schoolgirl on the rag. I'm outta here!

Obama never came in Pakistan after Osama bin Ladin chapter & arrest of dr shakil Afridi, let see what trump team will do. Until we solve this matter with U.S.A , I don't see improvement in relation with U.S.A , nor we will get military hardware from U.S.A .

I'm convinced that Pakistani agencies love to paint red circle on their bay and enjoy every tom, dick and Harry shooting at it, they should have got ride of him, rakha tu aise howa hai jaise osay pakar k bohat bara karnama kya ho.

You telling me that ISI does not consist of individuals (spies, handlers, informants) that haven't at different times worked with intelligence agencies, groups, terrorist organizations? Sometime to the detriment of the nation?

You are going on for the sake of it ... Equating cooperation ordered/sanctioned by the state ... And the illegal act of an individual ..::

ISIs spies,handlers etc work for a state organ .. They don't work against the interests of the state rather for the state...

Even Indian supplies .303 ammo to CIA during Cold War to be used against your own soviet allies ... Inshapore ordinance factories if my memory serves me right.... Does that mean Indian state works for CIA and is in the same boat as the likes of afridi or pollard ?

Seems no one taught you about double agents
And remind us how double agents are treated ? As chief guests or criminals ?

A double agent working against his state would be treated very similiar to dr afridi if not worst..
I think you people have placed ISI on a pedestal. It's not an incorruptible org. We can clearly see how the worlds best spy agency allowed Pakistan to fall to the wolves of ttp..yeah, I'm sure no one in ISI has worked for a foreign agency! Now I'm convinced

Ever think how retarded you sound equating an individual's illegal act with a state agency and double agents and what not?

Are you really that stupid...

It's like apples = oranges ..

I'm bored of this conversation anyways, you Pakistanis are more sensitive than a schoolgirl on the rag. I'm outta here!

And you are like a teenager on her periods.... Throwing tantrums and making no sense.

He should be beheaded publicly to send a clear message to all potential traitors and uncle sam asap

On principle, no one can be a foreign agent and cannot help another country conduct an operation in Pakistan. If you let Shakeel Afridi go, you end up creating 1000s of Shakeel Afridis and would lose justification to prosecute them.

Again, What is the exact charge on him, espionage, treason? exactly what is your government charging him with?

Why is this traitor still breathing? a waste of oxygen. He should have been executed the very next day with all his family to set an example and to send the message loud and clear this nation does not forgive any traitors.

l_180062_021531_updates.jpg

WASHINGTON/ISLAMABAD: A jailed Pakistani doctor believed to have helped the CIA hunt down al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden will be neither released nor handed to the United States, Pakistan's law minister has told legislators, media reported on Wednesday.

Dr. Shakil Afridi, hailed as a hero by U.S. officials, was arrested after U.S. forces killed bin Laden in May 2011 in a secret raid in a northern Pakistani town that plunged relations between the uneasy strategic partners to a new low.

Pakistan has accused the doctor of running a fake vaccination campaign in which he collected DNA samples to help the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) confirm bin Laden's identity.

Afridi was arrested soon after the bin Laden raid and charged with having ties to militant Islamists, which he denied.

"The law is taking its course and Afridi is having full opportunity of a fair trial," the Daily Times newspaper quoted Law Minister Zahid Hamid as telling the upper house, in response to a lawmaker's query about reports of a possible release.

"Afridi worked against the law and our national interest, and the Pakistan government has repeatedly been telling the United States that under our law he committed a crime and was facing the law."

In 2012, Afridi was sentenced to 33 years in prison after being convicted of being a member of militant group Lashkar-e-Islam.

That conviction was overturned in 2013, but Afridi was then charged with murder, relating to the death of a patient eight years earlier. He remains in jail awaiting trial.

Many Pakistanis were infuriated by the U.S. raid to grab bin Laden in the military garrison town of Abbottabad, just a two-hour drive from Islamabad, the capital.

Pakistani officials describe bin Laden's long presence in Abbottabad as a security lapse and reject any suggestion that members of the military or intelligence services were complicit in hiding him.

Last May, Pakistan's foreign ministry angrily criticised U.S. President-elect Donald Trump for saying he could get Pakistan to free Afridi "within two minutes".

Pakistan joined the U.S. war on militancy after the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/180062-Pakistan-will-not-free-doctor-who-helped-US-find-bin-Laden

He should be realesed he helped to kill terrorist. who killed many inocent lifes arround the world.

Why doesn't a common person understand that logic is beyond me??

OBL was not a Pakistani national and according to your government he was not your guest. He was staying in your country illegally and plotting terrorist acts against foreign nationals. And the funny part is your government took billions of dollars from US and was cooperating with CIA to find OBL. If an American national Raymond Davis a CIA agent who killed two of your nationals can be pardoned with blood money, why not the doctor? Are your loyalties with OBL or your govt. or your country or with truth??

It was not a polio campaign but a fake hepatitis vaccine program. He was trying to get DNA samples. At least if you want to accuse someone get your facts straight. ;)

Him being imprisoned can be likened to (alleged) Russian hacking during US elections. Just because he exposed an issue within the state, the fact that he was working for a foreign secret service without the knowledge of the country he was working is enough to charge him. It really doesn't matter how pious his end goal was.

Trade with NSG membership....he will be useless in next few years anyway. Or get few F sola ..

DR AFRIDI is our internal matter!

Trial lead him to a jail time period !!

Why we should be arguing??

Request the repected Mods to close the thread

Back
Top Bottom