What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Has communication range of only 100km
Do not know how military will benefit of its full range of 500km with this small communication range.
Operating altitude is also higher (5km) may be to avoid detection by optical sensors
Attack mode using GPS only doesnt require use of Comms link. So range more than 100km+ can be struck using GPS. Secondly at 500km no country in the world has LOS Data link capability, at max 300km is the peak range for LOS Data link communication.

Shahpar-II Block-I Combat UAV is now being regularly inducted into operations against miscreants, utilizing its endurance and precision weapons capability. These cost-effective UCAVs will also become critical in CAS missions during conflict with compatible adversaries.
1689934686077.png

In September 2022, Pakistan Air Force conducted an operational Air Defence exercise focusing at fostering synergy with Army Air Defence assets. PAF operational assets including fighter jets, drones and air defence elements were also integrated.
Pakistani TB-2 UCAV
1690136044611.png

SHAHPAR 3 per abi @JamD ka analysis nahi aea?
Wo kia hai k S3's specifications are too nice to believe.
But it is based on already matured air frame of Shahpar 2 so I have some hope for its success.

I was thinking why AWC went for Twin Boom design configuration in Shahpar 3 instead of traditional UAV designs like that of Shahpar 2.
pakistan_shahpar_drone_2.jpg

(B/W this is the 9th Shahpar of Block 2 series)

Any specific explanation for this?
@farooqbhai007
@JamD
@SQ8

Last edited:
SHAHPAR 3 per abi @JamD ka analysis nahi aea?
Wo kia hai k S3's specifications are too nice to believe.
But it is based on already matured air frame of Shahpar 2 so I have some hope for its success.
Sorry friend, just busy with work. Haven't had a chance to look at things too closely. Also, all we have seen is models, so I don't even know if a prototype has been built or not. And if you say "but they are offering for export", I know many things that haven't completed development being offered for export so that's a very low bar. Basically, they know nobody is seriously going to place an order for 20 Shahpar 3s in 2023. It's just to give a little taste of what we may be developing.

As far as the development of the Shahpar program is concerned, I am very very happy that we are pursuing Shahpar in earnest. As I've said before, the Shahpar series is a mostly local program and the experience that it is bringing to our people is unprecedented. I am glad that some people had the vision to let the program to go from Shahpar 1 to Shahpar 2 - and now presumably to Shahpar 3. This is great news.

Also, a bit of bonus news. Remember how the Burraq (a CH-3) was an almost direct competitor to the Shahpar 1? I've heard that that program was canned. This is good IMHO because that was an organization developing something as a pissing contest causing needless duplication of effort. It's better to let the local design teams develop their skills on the Shahpar program, which now has decades of experience. I won't be surprised that the Shahpar series gets better and better.

Absolute beauty
It's shame that PAF went for TB2 when we were having such a remarkable program at home.
At the very least, all internal or cross-border operations should use home-grown platforms.

We should even "leak" a few videos online and say it was the Shahpar - this publicity can help boost export potential while gaining traction

Absolute beauty
It's shame that PAF went for TB2 when we were having such a remarkable program at home.
This drone has specifications more comparable to the Anka.

PAF going for TB2 is downvote for Shahpar-2 (on which I've done a deep dive on). But I HOPE that this is because the Shahpar 2, wasn't ready in the shape that was needed by the PAF. So TB2 is a stopgap.

BUT something going against TB2 being a stopgap is that Baykar is opening offices in Pakistan with the intentions of producing TB2s (or major parts) here. This must be on the promise of more orders from the PAF.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom