What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

It is said that China is developping something like ESSM for Type 055.

China has no need to develop some thing like ESSM. China has already developed an upgraded HHQ-9 variant with pin point accuracy and higher speed

Ada: 2300 tons, max 26 knots.

Kamorta: 3300 tons, exceeds 25 knots.

Turkish Hull design technology is better.

Sorry not but what I have read is that it is 25 knots max
Ada is 26 Knots

Kora is 1350 and 25 knots
Kora is from the 90s.
Kamorta and Ada are contemporaries with a huge difference in size.

Both Kamorta and Ada will likely exceed 25 and 26 knots respectively.

Turkish Hull design technology is better.
And I'll say, no, it's not. Lol.

Kora is from the 90s.
Kamorta and Ada are contemporaries with a huge difference in size.

Both Kamorta and Ada will likely exceed 25 and 26 knots respectively.

In the same way you can push ADA above 26 knots but in both cases if you push Kamorta above 25 it will consume more fuel to reach it's hull speed. and if you push ADA it will also consume more fuel to reach it's hull speed. The hull speed of ADA is higher than Kamorta.

We need VLS
Bro, first we need indigenous amnution group (ESSM and SM2 equivalent) for vertical launch. If you have a naval fire control system (there is) , Canister is not a very difficult job to do.

Ada: 2300 tons, max 26 knots.

Kamorta: 3300 tons, exceeds 25 knots.
What kind of speed are you talking about? Emergency, avoidance maneuver or continuous full speed?

if I remember correctly , in the sea tests, the ADA class saw 35 KTS. But these top speeds are very dangerous for the Ship Machinery.

Last edited:
China has no need to develop some thing like ESSM. China has already developed an upgraded HHQ-9 variant with pin point accuracy and higher speed
It will play the role like HQ-16.

We are going of-topic here quote me in the Type 055 thread and we can discuss it there. it is in the Chinese defense section
not too much. :)

Because it is quite probable that we will see Chinese ammunition groups in the Pakistan-Milgem corvettes.

not too much. :)

Because it is quite probable that we will see Chinese ammunition groups in the Pakistan-Milgem corvettes.

If you are talking about VLS then Babur and Harba missile is going into ADA in the VLS. They are already capable of vertical launch. Yes Chinese missile will go in as well.

The main question remains which I cannot find answer to is that what Anti air missile system is coming in ADA.

This is the ADA. VLS is behind the main RADAR tower and there is no space to fit other missile launchers so it is going to have VLS for sure. There is no point to buy a ship that cannot launch missiles. Just simple common sense.

Ada%2Bclass%2Bcorvettes.jpg

RADAR system French
Optical system Turkish
Laser system Turkish
Weapon system US
Hull design and rest of systems Turkish

Why Pakistan bought the ADA because this ship is coming into Pakistan Turkish Azerbaijan joint Military industrial complex.

In my understanding if USA restrict the sales of Anti-air system to Pakistan then ADA will have SAMP/T air defense system this is the best guess I can make.

VLS is in the Milgem ADA. It launches Anti Air missiles from VLS. It has MK.41 VLS for ESSM

basic ADA does not have VLS, LF-2400 does have 16 cell VLS ..we should have gone for LF-2400 instead of basic ada ..

Or there might be Sea Ceptor coming. Because Sea Ceptor can intercept Brahmos anti-ship variant

basic ADA does not have VLS, LF-2400 does have 16 cell VLS ..we should have gone for LF-2400 instead of basic ada ..

I don't think we can put other missiles on top of ADA there is no space in the design. So what ever is ADA going to carry is going into VLS. USA will not supply anti-air system that is what I think and ADA will have other weapons.

In my understanding if USA is not going to supply weapons systems ADA will have Italian systems as ADA can take in all NATO equipment.

If you are talking about VLS then Babur and Harba missile is going into ADA in the VLS. They are already capable of vertical launch. Yes Chinese missile will go in as well.

The main question remains which I cannot find answer to is that what Anti air missile system is coming in ADA.

This is the ADA. VLS is behind the main RADAR tower and there is no space to fit other missile launchers so it is going to have VLS for sure. There is no point to buy a ship that cannot launch missiles. Just simple common sense.

Ada%2Bclass%2Bcorvettes.jpg

RADAR system French
Optical system Turkish
Laser system Turkish
Weapon system US
Hull design and rest of systems Turkish

Why Pakistan bought the ADA because this ship is coming into Pakistan Turkish Azerbaijan joint Military industrial complex.

In my understanding if USA restrict the sales of Anti-air system to Pakistan then ADA will have SAMP/T air defense system this is the best guess I can make.

That is the domestic TR module Aselsan produces for Smart-S radars.
images

Each Smart radar have many modules like those. If we consider many other sections produced/assembled by Aselsan.

images

Trials of Smart radars with TR modules are even tested by Aselsan. (You can see domestic modules on pockets)
images

They are not that foreign anymore. It
is the reason TN requests those radars for all new warship and upgrade programs.

That is the domestic TR module Aselsan produces for Smart-S radars.
images

Each Smart radar have many modules like those. If we consider many other sections produced/assembled by Aselsan.

images

Trials of Smart radars with TR modules are even tested by Aselsan. (You can see domestic modules on pockets)
images

is the reason TN requests those radars for all new warship and upgrade programs.

What people are forgetting here is one News. Let me remind them

Pakistan offers Turkey and Azerbaijan a joint industrial complex
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...azerbaijan-a-joint-industrial-complex.532020/

Pakistan is buying type 054 from China and they are full of VLS. ADA is coming to accommodate HARBAH Missile system. In future Turkey might sell ADA with Harba to other countries as well.

If Turkey is producing smart modules then Anti-Air system is no more issue as well because there is wide range of NATO developed missiles that can be integrated with them.

US has very little room and leverage left to do any thing in this case.

In the same way you can push ADA above 26 knots but in both cases if you push Kamorta above 25 it will consume more fuel to reach it's hull speed. and if you push ADA it will also consume more fuel to reach it's hull speed. The hull speed of ADA is higher than Kamorta.
What kind of speed are you talking about? Emergency, avoidance maneuver or continuous full speed?

if I remember correctly , in the sea tests, the ADA class saw 35 KTS. But these top speeds are very dangerous for the Ship Machinery.
We don't talk normally about emergency speeds. There are also speeds which give maximum range. These are not that either.

Anyway, Kamorta is considerably heavier than Ada and still holds about the same speed with four diesel engines against Ada's one gas turbine + two diesel engine combo.

The Indian ships in the same weight class as Ada are actually the Saryu class OPVs. It's larger and has only two diesel engines and still holds 25 knots.

Ada has considerably more power than Kamorta and Saryu. If it does only 26 knots normal max speed, it's bit of a shame.

Or there might be Sea Ceptor coming. Because Sea Ceptor can intercept Brahmos anti-ship variant

I don't think we can put other missiles on top of ADA there is no space in the design. So what ever is ADA going to carry is going into VLS. USA will not supply anti-air system that is what I think and ADA will have other weapons.

In my understanding if USA is not going to supply weapons systems ADA will have Italian systems as ADA can take in all NATO equipment.

basic ADA hull design has no space for a VLS ... and if you change the Hull you have LF-2400 .. LF-2400 is just ADA with VLS ..

Back
Top Bottom