What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

For instance the Millenium gun based Korkut
French radars
Altay based on South Korean design
Firtina
Among others.
A Saab vehicle as the Turkish national car project (maybe Pakistan or Bangladesh can also buy this off Turkey and have their own national car project too)

Turkey seems to be buying as much technology as it can from Europe. Which is a reasonable strategy, helps save time and money.

Question:
Was the Milgem Ada design consulted from a European company? (would like to know)

Just a thought - if you built a Milgem class ship using an aluminum hull and superstructure, you'd have a similarly sized ship at about 1000 tons. Of course, if it got hit it would sink much easier but, imagine how that could play out in terms of propulsion requirements and sea worthiness. If enough money is saved from propulsion, would it still be priced too high for going with an all aluminum ship?

Similarly, imagine a 500 ton all aluminum ship - that would in theory have the same capability as a 1000 ton conventional corvette.

With those examples, you think you could explain well the logic of “re-packaged Western systems” that is being sold to third countries over Turkey with -Turkish made- stamp ? If that was such an easy task to achieve, What are rest of the World waiting to do something similar with re-packing off the shelf systems to earn some money? I believe you can also achieve something similar in your garrage with that logic.

Last edited:
With those examples, you think you could explain well the logic of “re-packaged Western systems” that is being sold to third countries over Turkey with -Turkish made- stamp ? If that was such an easy task to achieve, What are rest of the World waiting to do something similar with re-packing off the shelf systems to earn some money? I believe you can also achieve something similar in your garrage with that logic.

Nah, all that person can muster up is bullschit in their garage.

--

Hush lil'pup don't you cry, Turkey is going to develop so you can buy :-)
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-sensor-and-detector-programs.77790/page-57#post-10510039

Last edited:
PN will need these midest size platforms with decent anti air coverage. A 23 cell fl3000n with 1130 ciws coupled with multipurpse 76mm gun and 2 STAM gun will be very decent firepower against any air threat challenging PN Ada. VLS AD system might be good, not having it is not the end game. Combination of 1130 and fl3000n is leathel and safe.

For instance the Millenium gun based Korkut
French radars
Altay based on South Korean design
Firtina
Among others.
A Saab vehicle as the Turkish national car project (maybe Pakistan or Bangladesh can also buy this off Turkey and have their own national car project too)

Turkey seems to be buying as much technology as it can from Europe. Which is a reasonable strategy, helps save time and money.

Question:
Was the Milgem Ada design consulted from a European company? (would like to know)

"I will tell you what card they played son! Turkey is now a backdoor for western technology. Companies and countries not able to sell to Pakistan sell to Turkey so that it can be re-packaged as Aselsan etc. Secondly, the product comes with a Loan, so PN does not have to pay upfront. This is is the same formula by which Chinese were winning. Now other smart countries are figuring it out".
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) whats your opinion on these claims?

Any one before commenting first should read the OP as it clearly says Turkish Ships were better and cheaper. Then that person should read about Istanbul Naval Shipyard and it's capabilities and track record and if not satisfied then I will post the European ambassadors who visited NHQ just before this deal was signed.

IMO the statements there are too broad/sweeping (I made the same mistake about steel earlier in the thread) and are not giving the Turkish defence industry its due.

E.g. the Altay MBT example is not a good one. Hyundai helped with design work, but the design of the Altay is quite different from the K2, e.g. the Altay is much heavier and now it must be redesigned further to accommodate for the BMC engine program.

The general idea I'm seeing with Turkey is that Turkey is paying to get its own IP (that it owns and can sell at will), but is doing so via different methods, e.g. indigenous development, buying consulting/engineering services from the British or European Union, etc. "Repackaging" is just unfair.

IMO the statements there are too broad/sweeping (I made the same mistake about steel earlier in the thread) and are not giving the Turkish defence industry its due.

E.g. the Altay MBT example is not a good one. Hyundai helped with design work, but the design of the Altay is quite different from the K2, e.g. the Altay is much heavier and now it must be redesigned further to accommodate for the BMC engine program.

The general idea I'm seeing with Turkey is that Turkey is paying to get its own IP (that it owns and can sell at will), but is doing so via different methods, e.g. indigenous development, buying consulting/engineering services from the British or European Union, etc. "Repackaging" is just unfair.

If Turkey was using tech from Europe why is Turkey the only country in the world to have a rescue vessel to operate 600 meters?

But if you look at HMS Forth which UK inducted in April 2018 is also not faster than 24 knots. HMS Forth is 2000 ton

Even if you look at Indian corvette they are slower than Turkish corvette.
Ada: 2300 tons, max 26 knots.

Kamorta: 3300 tons, exceeds 25 knots.

Back
Top Bottom