What's new

Pakistan To Be Out of FATF Greylist

This is a lie peddled by Imran Khan on the same line as Russian offer of 30% discount on Oil & Wheat. There was simply no funding available for subsidies especially the ones Imran Khan gave with the dying breath of his Government; especially after committing to IMF that all subsidies would be removed and levies imposed on Petroleum & Electricity.

Man you support MQM and also believed in Indian lie that IAF shot down PAF F16 on 27 February 2019

Your opinion doesn't matter

It is not about doing the actual work but about the job well done. The path was not important, the destination was.

It was the power that be which ensured that all stakeholders were up to the task; all the stakeholders were banded together to achieve this singular purpose which could not have happened without those who shall not be named.

More specifically, as I wrote above, the Col., you are speaking about, and now Brig., worked day and night, tirelessly and with vigor that amazed me to no end. And it was not just at the Brig., level, routine updates were presented to the DGMO all the way up to the Chief. Especially the Brig., he was working over the weekends, long hours, early mornings as early as 5:00 and so on. It was as if he was on duty 24/7.

So did the civilian machinery.

Alright, let me put it this way. Why wasn't a similar push seen by the N league setup? The COAS even then implored them to take this seriously, but they didn't.

As for the DGMO, it wasn't only routine updates, he was as involved in the whole process as Hammad Azhar was in the civilian side.

As for the report, multiple departments provided input to various security measures especially in light of FATF recommendations and NAP so I am not sure which one you are talking about or from which organization. However, none of the organizations had the capability to produce an all compassing report due to mandates of different organizations. But it is sad that NACTA could still not be strengthened to be what NACTA was always meant to be.

Why NACTA could not be made what it was set out to be? Well, that's a tale for another time. But the bottomline is, no one wants to cede the space that they have made for themselves. An ISI official deems it haram to listen to someone from a civilian agency and give some share of his territory. Things have changed a bit from let's say 5 years ago, but we still have a long way to go.

Waise I don't recall anyone other than Hammad Azhar and Imran Khan (from time to time) from PTI being actively involved in the matter.

Yeah it was mostly him from the civilian side, along with the Finance Minister at the current time. But I am talking about the civilian setup as a whole, including the bureaucrats and other departments, not only PTI.

My point is, let's not downgrade the contribution of the government, or of the civil service to this effort. That would be blatantly dishonest. Fauj agr sab ko aisay akatha kar sakti thi, to phir N league kyun nhn hui in say?

If we look at the bigger picture it seems that the US wants to put pressure on India by removing Pakistan from FATF and showing them some form of displeasure for their dealing with Russia and not listening to west. So basically it is two birds with one stone by US, they threw a carrot for the slaves in Pakistan and showed India displeasure. If not for India US would not have thrown this carrot as their goal from the regime change is to destabilise Pakistan(or even destroy) otherwise they would have directed IMF to facilitate the puppet government and may have even provided other reliefs like stopping devaluation of Rupee.

Lollipop 🍭, I would not believe it unless FATF puts it in writing, everything else is hogwash.

You guys remembered that day ?
EC753742-5912-45DC-8D82-0E19CB8D3AC4.jpeg

Pakistan's inclusion was in deed political and could have been avoided. However, it was also a much needed wake-up call for us to fix many of our internal issues which we have largely addressed thanks to the FATF sword. FATF President also acknowledged that Pakistan's program was the toughest one in the entire history of FATF Action plans.

I see here that people are giving more credit to PTI than is deserved; Hammad Azhar did a fantastic job of listening to those who matter which ultimately led to the end goal. Most of the credit, I repeat, goes to those who shall not be named for bringing all the stakeholders together and for ensuring that all stakeholders performed remedial actions pertaining to their action plans. It was indeed a team effort led by those who shall not be named and which which it could all have been for nothing.
If those unnamed stakeholders could fix the economy they would not have imposed this gov on us that basically destroyed the economy in 2 months, and would had done that recovery by 2018 (and before that in past 75 years) when Pakistan almost defaulted and was saved by sincere efforts of IK. That man basically worked 12-15 hours a day without any vacations to leave the country where FATF is compliant, forex reserves were all time high, FP turned around, exports, and all economic factors in great condition.

Every credit of economic turnaround goes to IK and such recovery has never taken place in entire history of Pakistan. Everyone else just wants a piece of that credit but public is not dumb anymore.

Alright, let me put it this way. Why wasn't a similar push seen by the N league setup? The COAS even then implored them to take this seriously, but they didn't.
I agree to your points which I have removed from the quoted text above, I was not trying to take anything away from the Bureaucracy and the various organizations which put in enormous effort to achieve the desired outcome.

Specifically on the quoted text above, it was not the PML Government which landed us in the Grey list. Infact, if you recall the Dawngate scandal, it will become crystal clear that the PML warned of action by FATF if we did not stop providing support to a certain person and group; and furthermore that we needed to prosecute the person and group to ensure that FATF does not place us in the Grey List. At that time the powers were upset with PML's demand and categorically told PML to mind their own business.

And we all know what happened. Perhaps the powers that be were confident that they would be bailed out by 3 countries as a minimum 3 votes are required to defeat bills in FATF. But Saudi Arabia sold us at the very last minute and we were placed in the Grey List. Even now, had we not prosecuted that certain someone and put him behind bars, we would not be coming out of the Grey List. So I am extremely surprised at your post about PML.

If those unnamed stakeholders could fix the economy they would not have imposed this gov on us that basically destroyed the economy in 2 months, and would had done that recovery by 2018 (and before that in past 75 years) when Pakistan almost defaulted and was saved by sincere efforts of IK. That man basically worked 12-15 hours a day without any vacations to leave the country where FATF is compliant, forex reserves were all time high, FP turned around, exports, and all economic factors in great condition.

Every credit of economic turnaround goes to IK and such recovery has never taken place in entire history of Pakistan. Everyone else just wants a piece of that credit but public is not dumb anymore.
Some of you are so immature that it is a pain trying to explain the same thing to you over and over again, especially when you do not want to know the facts and would rather continue to believe populistic political bullshit by your favorite politician. Our economy was destroyed by PTI and more specifically Imran Khan because 1) he did not have his own financial team and 2) because of his ego.

The PDM Government is knocking the final nail in the coffin by being indecisive and late in correct decisions. Even correct decisions take at incorrect times is bound to cause problems. The PDM should have committed to IMF program and should have complied with our sovereign guarantees to IMF on removal of subsidies on Petroleum products and electricity; instead of waiting 2 months to do so which cost us hundreds of Billions of rupees which we do not have!

Oh bhai, Khuda ka wasta hai Imran Khan ke drame se bahar agao!!! When the hell and how the hell did he save Pakistan from almost default when the previous Government left 14+ Billion USD in reserves? Infact Imran Khan's selected Finance Minister was the reason we almost defaulted under PTI Government as he could not manage anything and it took Imran Khan 8 months to remove him unceremoniously and disgracefully and to deploy an ex-PPP Finance Minister! And by the time IK left the Government, SBP had a mere 11 Billion USD (of which 3 Billion were parked by Saudi Arabia, 1.5 Billion by UAE and 1.5 Billion debt by China after payment of 2.5 Billion and another 1.5 Billion payment in pipeline) in reserve and the country had 16 Billion USD in reserve counting the foreign currency held by commercial banks with net SBP reserves at a mere 3.5 Billion USD; all time high my foot!!! All economic factors in great condition such as a rupee devaluated over 51%, 80% additional debt added in less than 4 years of the entire debt collected in 70 years before PTI, debt left at PKR 44,000 Billion from PKR 25,000 Billion; imports sky high at 70 Billion USD; Circular debt risen to over Rs. 25,000 Billion and so on!!!!

There is no credit that can be given to anyone but a lot of mourning to what Imran Khan's experiment has done to the country!

Refer to Russian ambassador comments. The offer is still valid and Russia is willing to sell oil at discounted rates.
This is what Imran Khan said:

We had signed an agreement with Russia to buy cheap oil and wheat,” Imran Khan told a political rally in Chārsadda recently.

Whereas the Russian Ambassador's comment about all that is:

I confirm that no MoU has been signed on the trade of wheat and oil at cheaper prices with Pakistan,” Ganich said while replying to a question regarding Imran Khan’s claims that Russia had offered PTI-led government to buy its oil at cheaper rates.

Source

But we all know, atleast in our hearts, how honest and truthful Imran Khan really is. After all it is our love because of which we rename all deceit, all lies and all manipulations as U-Turn.

Last edited:
Some of you are so immature that it is a pain trying to explain the same thing to you over and over again, especially when you do not want to know the facts and would rather continue to believe populistic political bullshit by your favorite politician. Our economy was destroyed by PTI and more specifically Imran Khan because 1) he did not have his own financial team and 2) because of his ego.

The PDM Government is knocking the final nail in the coffin by being indecisive and late in correct decisions. Even correct decisions take at incorrect times is bound to cause problems. The PDM should have committed to IMF program and should have complied with our sovereign guarantees to IMF on removal of subsidies on Petroleum products and electricity; instead of waiting 2 months to do so which cost us hundreds of Billions of rupees which we do not have!

Oh bhai, Khuda ka wasta hai Imran Khan ke drame se bahar agao!!! When the hell and how the hell did he save Pakistan from almost default when the previous Government left 14+ Billion USD in reserves? Infact Imran Khan's selected Finance Minister was the reason we almost defaulted under PTI Government as he could not manage anything and it took Imran Khan 8 months to remove him unceremoniously and disgracefully and to deploy an ex-PPP Finance Minister! And by the time IK left the Government, SBP had a mere 11 Billion USD (of which 3 Billion were parked by Saudi Arabia, 1.5 Billion by UAE and 1.5 Billion debt by China after payment of 2.5 Billion and another 1.5 Billion payment in pipeline) in reserve and the country had 16 Billion USD in reserve counting the foreign currency held by commercial banks with net SBP reserves at a mere 3.5 Billion USD; all time high my foot!!! All economic factors in great condition such as a rupee devaluated over 51%, 80% additional debt added in less than 4 years of the entire debt collected in 70 years before PTI, debt left at PKR 44,000 Billion from PKR 25,000 Billion; imports sky high at 70 Billion USD; Circular debt risen to over Rs. 25,000 Billion and so on!!!!

There is no credit that can be given to anyone but a lot of mourning to what Imran Khan's experiment has done to the country!

This is what Imran Khan said:

We had signed an agreement with Russia to buy cheap oil and wheat,” Imran Khan told a political rally in Chārsadda recently.

Whereas the Russian Ambassador's comment about all that is:

I confirm that no MoU has been signed on the trade of wheat and oil at cheaper prices with Pakistan,” Ganich said while replying to a question regarding Imran Khan’s claims that Russia had offered PTI-led government to buy its oil at cheaper rates.

Source

But we all know, atleast in our hearts, how honest and truthful Imran Khan really is. After all it is our love because of which we rename all deceit, all lies and all manipulations as U-Turn.
So it just took a reply to bring out the hidden patwari in you. These days you hide a lot lol.
When i come across a patwari, his or her arguments have zero value to me because your life is defined by blindly defending a certified money launderer and traitor, Drug smugglers , absconder, and etc etc. If there's a crime, Shareef has committed it and patwaris will defend it. Keep at it. All your idiotic arguments are 180 degrees opposite to actual facts and data covered by bloomberg, as well as IMF.

It's because of people like you we have to see the faces of these thugs again n again n again. Just a couple weeks ago bloomberg did report on pakistan on verge of default and here you dweebs are signing songs of sharifs n zardaris as your saviours.

Within 2 months of this gov, dollar is at 211+. Rising by the hour.
Stock exchange crashed a dozen times.
Forex reserves wiped out. The only money left there is of China and Saudia.
Remittances and investments gone.
Exports and electricity in gutter.
Inflation doubled.
Petrol 235.

Don't know what economics you ppl studied in ur life but its definitely not what world studies.

Stop lying about Russian visit. What did he go there for? To learn trick of money laundering or learning russian cuisines? obviously there were no weapon deals, so there was only economic angle to it.

This is what he said. IK himself confirmed it several times.

Russia ready to provide oil to Pakistan if govt contacts: Russian CG
The Consul General confirmed that former Prime Minister Imran Khan discussed buying oil from Russia during his visit to Moscow.

The Consul General of Russia in Karachi Andrey Fedorov says Russia will provide oil to Pakistan at a cheaper rate if the government of Pakistan contacts.

His statements came during a press statement in Karachi on Thursday. The Consul General confirmed that former Prime Minister Imran Khan discussed buying oil from Russia during his visit to Moscow.

Now go and consult your patwari media cell how to answer it.

Last edited:
How whitelisting will impact Pakistan economy? What we were losing on being in grey List?
Pakistan's losses thus far amount to more than 40 billion dollars. dollars NOT rupees.

reasons below:
  • On getting greylisted the country’s rating gets downgraded by global bodies and thus this impacts the bond market of the country.
  • The economy starts shrinking due to a lack of investment opportunities and this takes a toll on the financial needs of the country.
  • The borrowing capacity of the country gets affected due to severing ties with other bodies like the UN, IMF, etc.
  • The trade opportunity with other countries also suffers a blow and other countries look over grey listed countries with a lot of speculation.
  • The country is deemed as a high-risk country which also affects the tourism sector.
  • There comes the problem of enhanced economic pressures like degrading currency value, trade deficit, and rise in inflation.
- https://www.educba.com/grey-list/

Last edited:
I agree to your points which I have removed from the quoted text above, I was not trying to take anything away from the Bureaucracy and the various organizations which put in enormous effort to achieve the desired outcome.

Specifically on the quoted text above, it was not the PML Government which landed us in the Grey list. Infact, if you recall the Dawngate scandal, it will become crystal clear that the PML warned of action by FATF if we did not stop providing support to a certain person and group; and furthermore that we needed to prosecute the person and group to ensure that FATF does not place us in the Grey List. At that time the powers were upset with PML's demand and categorically told PML to mind their own business.

And we all know what happened. Perhaps the powers that be were confident that they would be bailed out by 3 countries as a minimum 3 votes are required to defeat bills in FATF. But Saudi Arabia sold us at the very last minute and we were placed in the Grey List. Even now, had we not prosecuted that certain someone and put him behind bars, we would not be coming out of the Grey List. So I am extremely surprised at your post about PML.

I agree with what you said.

But conversely, PML was also trying to save it's own black sheep, wrt Rana Sanaullah and his friends. Moreover, the business partners of PML at the time, and the industrialists were also not happy with the increased banking scrutiny that was to take place, KYC and all that. It was in the best interest of the N vote bank to avoid this from the beginning.

Bar a few, no one understood the gravity of the situation, and as you rightly said, the 'dekhi jaye gi jo hoga" attitude was kept up, by almost all the quarters until it actually happened.

Everyone was trying to save their black sheep, and in the end everyone was left with no option to go ahead with the reforms.

Oh btw, why did N and PPP reject the bills in the senate, and then walked out in NA?

Last edited:
FATF is just a political tool.

anyway credit goes to Imran khan and his team of economists hammad azhar, shaukat tarin

The imported govt/puppets bowed down to Dajjali system, that's why we're out of grey list, otherwise PTI done a tremendous job on economy already GDP was at 6% growth

that means they will check if the stooges who are imported, which of the laws they have changed to suit their next phase of money laundering.
reported by Dawn one hour ago:

A spokesperson for the government told BBC Urdu that the outcome was expected to be in Pakistan's favor according to information available at the moment. He clarified, however, that even if the country was removed from the list, it would take seven to eight months to "settle matters".

If Pakistan exited the list, a FATF team would visit the country so it could "satisfy itself that work on its recommendations has been completed", the spokesperson added.

Diplomatic sources earlier told Dawn that China and some other allies are quietly working to get Pakistan off the grey list latest during the latest plenary session.

Recent reports in the international media also mentioned this "quiet lobbying", led by China, and one Indian media outlet reported that the plenary session "is likely to decide to move Pakistan out from the list of countries under increased monitoring, commonly known as its grey list".

Back
Top Bottom