What's new

Pakistan to Allow Afghan Transit to Wagha Port

What changed their mind. Pakistan had always been against giving transit to Afghanistan to trade with India. Is that one way permit from Afghanistan to India.

Its been the other way around. India has been denied route through Pakistan. Afghanistan is already doing trade through Pakistan's territory as all the trade happening in and out of Afghanistan is through Pakistan's territory. If this route is given to Afghanistan, its extension in our cooperation instead of initiating anything new.

Dear All,

You are not looking to history, international laws, I have noticed all and every post, but unfortunately found no one who's post is a little friendly, or neighborly..Dont mind my words, I respect all pakistani and wish Afghanistan and Pakistan have friendly relations with each others because there is no alternative, we can not change location of both countries, Afg and Pak have approximately 2000 Km long border. Afghanistan has no access to sea, it is a fact, but dont forget that Afghanistan is a bridge to Central Asia, which possesses the world largest oil resources, for pakistan this bridge is important. Why you people forget that currently pakistan is exporting cements, fruits etc to central asia VIA Afghanistan. Pakistan is going to import electricity from Tajikistan and many more from central asia.

If Afghanistan want trade with India, why you people are unhappy, how is that possible , if you do not allow Afghanistan to trade with India while you are given free route to central asia, Pakistani truck transport cement to Tajikistan without as many documents as required from afghan trucks when it cross Torkham. Not only this Pakistan calls on India as Favorite Nation, Started Trade with India, Have bus transport and now planning for railway,, etc. Dont' Forget, that access of route to Land Locked countries is an International Agreement.

To Pak Defender:

I agree with you that, camps are dirty, there are no banglaws in camps, no sewerage system, no clean water available. Afghanistan was prosperous country till 1978, Afghanistan had its own Air Force, the number of planes were more than 300 by 1978, we had paved roads, had factories, dams, universities, schools etc. After the USSR invasion, we did not surrender, we left our homeland without taking even our luggage, we migrated to pakistan and iran to defend our country which we had defended for centuries, we prefered to live in camps, and deserts, without electricity, clean water, without banglaws and dirty food for one generation, as a result, after giving 1.5 millions Martyrs and more than 2 million disabled (5% of total population) but we had the fruit of freedom. for freedom we sacrificed our roads, infrastructure, air force. and we are proud of those who lived in camps, ate dirty food, dirty water, and poor economical conditions. because we know the value of freedom.

Further, I would like to add that, Not only Afghanistan was USSR target, but their intentions were towards Indian Sea. After Afghanistan they were planing for Pakistan and may be Arab Nations. It means that was our common war, but the difference was that we lived in Camps, without electricity and clean water, dirty food, and 50% aid was taken by your agencies. but In that common war you were living in Banglaws, with many facilities ect. We not only defended our country but also your country. but at that time nor pakistani people nor pak army participated physically in Jihad, We suffered too much, as a result of this war Afghanistan went to stone ages, but Pakistan not only survived from USSR invasion but pakistan developed even to Atomic Bomb.

During the Jehad we defended pakistan, arab, US and the Europe. We were loyal to Pakistan, US, Europe, etc. but after 1992 when mujaheedin took over, All of the world were interfering in Afghanistan, Unfortunately Pakistan took the lead by generating Taliban and replacing Mujaheedin.

Regarding the assistance you claim from Pakistani charity organization. you are wrong that pakistani organization have given afghan refugees food etc( except Jamaat Islami). You will find out it very easily from your media, govt, organization, etc, that during the war in afghanistan, US, Europe, Arabs assisted afghan refugees, but unfortunately these assistance were not given to afghan refugees in full, approximately more than 50 % of aid was lost due to corruption of pak agencies. all the aids for afghan refugees were sold in pakistani bazzars. you will not be aware that majority of weapons are with pak army which were supposed to be with mujaheedin, these also include Stenger Misslies and Klashinkof, the amount of these weapons were too much, for example you will notice that klanshinkof is possesed not only by pak army but also pak police now. these are the stolen weapon which were for mujaheedin.
This does not mean, that I am against Pakistan, or Pakistanis, I love Pakistanis. We look to pakistan as our home land, as our own people, and even as our own country. and even I believe that there should be no visa system for the residence of these two country, they have to be allowed to travel, trade, education free from Karachi to Ammu.

At the end, I would like to add. that Afghanistan and Pakistan are two muslims countries, which have 2000 Km common border, common culture, common values, common future, war in any country means war in the region. both countries should assist each other, war in afghanistan is loss for pakistan. both should focus on trade, economics, development. and without peace we both will be the losers.........

Long Live People of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

@ Khan : Rora, we've given plenty of aid to Afghanistan in addition to being a home for anywhere between 2-4 million Afghan Refugees for the better part of a few decades.

Go through this, should you wish to : Journey of Friendship - Pakistan's Assistance to Afghanistan

Rora, none of this is supposed to boast anything ! If a Muslim needs it...we're more than happy to oblige but what puts us off is when Afghans blame every single thing on Pakistan whether its a suicide bombing in a non-border province or a mosquito bite...the ISI must have done it ! When the Afghans who live within our country, study on scholarships provided by our governments (I've met many at PU) & benefit from our bait-ul-maal (I've met Afghans at SKZ Medical Hospital being treated paid full by the Government) still talk ill of Pakistan & Pakistanis. When the Durrand Line is brought up again & again & our Pashtun areas are claimed as parts of Afghanistan when our boys in the Pakistan Army & the ISI are blamed for every wrong that ever occurs in Afghanistan !

P.S Why are you showing Pakistan as your country flags ? Are you a Pakistani or an Afghan ?

@Khan:

India is a bully in the region and its not just our experience. Ask China, Nepal, Burma, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. They say that India has either bought their government, tried invading to expand territory, or create civil wars so they would be broken down into further pieces to aspire 'superpower' capability in the region. Why i ask Afghanistan should be careful is because these Indians are continuing to play their games. One can only wonder. They were supporting Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan but suddenly have come down to be very humble. Just to give you a heads up, they have already taken over Iran's chahbar port, and an area in Tajikstan for an air force base to keep Mig-29s active. From the bottom of my heart, India will remain as an enemy.

I really don't understand why Pakistan has to be always criticized. I won't deny the fact Taliban was being supported by Pakistan. But even you know that there was no choice. While India was keeping its troops at it's western border, the Pakistani army has no option but to use some sort of a militia to protect. You see this method was a success. See the problem in our part of the world is that we nations never think ahead of time. Our past success has now turned against us. From here on, I will take this as an education. Our experience is leading our people now to build confidence in making decisions.

@Khan:

India is a bully in the region and its not just our experience. Ask China, Nepal, Burma, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. They say that India has either bought their government, tried invading to expand territory, or create civil wars so they would be broken down into further pieces to aspire to become a 'superpower' in the region. Why i ask Afghanistan should be careful is because these Indians are continuing to play their games. One can only wonder. They were supporting Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan but suddenly have come down to be very humble. Just to give you a heads up, they have already taken over Iran's chahbar port, and an area in Tajikstan for an air force base to keep Mig-29s active. From the bottom of my heart, India will remain as an enemy.

I really don't understand why Pakistan has to be always criticized. I won't deny the fact Taliban was being supported by Pakistan. But even you know that it was better for the region. While India was keeping its troops at it's western border, the Pakistani army has no option but to use some sort of a militia to protect *******. You see this method was a success. See the problem in our part of the world is that we nations never think ahead of time. Our past success has now turned against us I will take this as an education. Our experience is leading our people now to build confidence in making decisions.

India bullies? India bullies China? :rofl: Can't wait for a Chinese to reply to you. :P

India invaded Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar? And yet they are still countries, not states of India? :rofl:
If India does decide to bully one of 'em, I say they have 14 days before they fall.

India bought a Government? That's the opinion of Bangladeshi conspiracy theorists, and regardless of how true/false it is, it doesn't matter, since India has never once attempted to take Bangla territory.

And Civil War. Sri Lanka helped Pakistan in 1971, why can we not react to that? Are you telling me that Pakistan won't try to blow Maldives to bits, if Maldives helps us during a war?

If Afghanistan want trade with India, why you people are unhappy, how is that possible , if you do not allow Afghanistan to trade with India while you are given free route to central asia, .

What kind of childish comment is this? :hitwall:My dear dear dear poster!

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? or did you not get the raan from Qurbai gosht?

Oh bhai sahib, my dear Sir, meray piaray logo!

We are the only country to provide DUTY fing FREE transit to Afghanistan.
We are the only country to provide the cheapest transit to Afghanistan (geography and Pak gov policies keep the rates low).

Every ounce of fuel, and every grain of food to Afghanistaqn goes through or provided by Pakistan.

India and every other country has traded with Afghanistan through Pakistan.

In return what Afghanistanis do to us?

Refuse to accept our mutual border. Blame our Pak army for every stinking wrong in Afghanistan, malign us at every occasion, and do all kind of scheming with our arch foe behind our back.

Don't you even know that Pakistan army and Indian army are at war at his very moment?

Did you not know that Kharish zada Kharazai and Indians conspired to build a road through Iran?

Then Iranians B-slapped both Kharazai and the co-conspirator Indians.

And then they all ran to Islamabad with begging bowl in their hands.

Still we want to deal with Indians so that hopefully they will one day see the light.

But Afghanistani continue to do the "Paray ki Shadi pay Karazai dewana".

I am sick and tired of every other Tajik and every other Indian showing up here with a handle like khan and giving lectures to us.

What is this? A freak show?

You all ought to read at least wiki before posting garbage statements. At least wiki.

peace to you all.

Fcuk... More terrorist attacks in Pakistan.. This jahil PPP govt should know better than to allow these potential terrorists in our country

Fcuk... More terrorist attacks in Pakistan.. This jahil PPP govt should know better than to allow these potential terrorists in our country

Thank you PPP and Zardari govt...I am sure imran khan,if elected would continue allowing indian supplies to afghan via wagah..:smokin:

Hopefully it's not duty free transit. We could sure use the tax revenue and I guess in some way we could promote better ties through trade.

Hopefully it's not duty free transit. We could sure use the tax revenue and I guess in some way we could promote better ties through trade.

I believe it won't materialize and will be a flop just like MFN issue.

What kind of childish comment is this? :hitwall:My dear dear dear poster!

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? or did you not get the raan from Qurbai gosht?

Oh bhai sahib, my dear Sir, meray piaray logo!

We are the only country to provide DUTY fing FREE transit to Afghanistan.
We are the only country to provide the cheapest transit to Afghanistan (geography and Pak gov policies keep the rates low).

Every ounce of fuel, and every grain of food to Afghanistaqn goes through or provided by Pakistan.

India and every other country has traded with Afghanistan through Pakistan.

In return what Afghanistanis do to us?

Refuse to accept our mutual border. Blame our Pak army for every stinking wrong in Afghanistan, malign us at every occasion, and do all kind of scheming with our arch foe behind our back.

Don't you even know that Pakistan army and Indian army are at war at his very moment?

Did you not know that Kharish zada Kharazai and Indians conspired to build a road through Iran?

Then Iranians B-slapped both Kharazai and the co-conspirator Indians.

When people were recomending ur name for Jr.ThinkTank i thought u were a sane member....:undecided:

Would u like to shed some light on the bold part....:what:

But before that i got some news for u :
1. Afghanistan has been importing 50% of its oil needs from Iran.

2.Charbar port is already operational n the road link to Afghan is also complete.

3.India is also building a rail line from Charbar to Afghan mine areas.

4.While India n Pakistan r currently at war(according to u) n Pak is busy trying to give MFN to India in the mean time???:rofl:

m.thehindu.com/news/national/iran-says-tangible-progress-in-indiaafghanistan-link/article4003285.ece/

When people were recomending ur name for Jr.ThinkTank i thought u were a sane member....:undecided:

2.Charbar port is already operational n the road link to Afghan is also complete.

4.While India n Pakistan r currently at war(according to u) n Pak is busy trying to give MFN to India in the mean time???:rofl:

Iran says

Oh bhai sahib,

If Iran can fulfill Indian-Afghan trade, then why bother with this thread?

In future please read the quoted text in my response before replying. Otherwise the discussion just becomes a mud-wrestling, or a slug fest.

Thank you.

Oh bhai sahib,

If Iran can fulfill Indian-Afghan trade, then why bother with this thread?

In future please read the quoted text in my response before replying. Otherwise the discussion just becomes a mud-wrestling, or a slug fest.

Thank you.

India-Pakistan relations has always been volatile seeing ups and downs, so it won't be good for us keep all eggs in the same basket. I believe we focus more on Chabahar.

Iran says

Buddy forget everything. These cannot happen due to these reasons.

- Iran is sanctioned. Even you have control over the port, international community won't let you trade though that. May i remind you, NATO has warned you. They just said it. 'Anything benefits Iran, is intolerable'
- Afghanistan and Iran relations are very poor. For that to improve they need Pakistan's help.
- After NATO forces leave Afghanistan, be prepared to tackle the mighty power of ISI. Before you even think about mining, you would be running away for your life

After the Western pullout from Afghanistan, the real shocks will be felt in Pakistan. The taliban nuisance power would Increase many fold and the civil war shocks will spillover to your country.
Frankenstein monsters won't help you. They will further inflame the fire in which the Western part of Pakistan is burning. All countries in the region should work for a peaceful Afghanistan, not a violent one. I think your leadership understands this point. It is only some people and so called defence experts who are influenced by this NATO withdrawal our AFghanistan pipedream.
Buddy forget everything. These cannot happen due to these reasons.

- Iran is sanctioned. Even you have control over the port, international community won't let you trade though that. May i remind you, NATO has warned you. They just said it. 'Anything benefits Iran, is intolerable'
- Afghanistan and Iran relations are very poor. For that to improve they need Pakistan's help.
- After NATO forces leave Afghanistan, be prepared to tackle the mighty power of ISI. Before you even think about mining, you would be running away for your life

Back
Top Bottom