What's new

Pakistan to Allow Afghan Transit to Wagha Port

India-Pakistan relations has always been volatile seeing ups and downs, so it won't be good for us keep all eggs in the same basket. I believe we focus more on Chabahar.

Please read the thread title First. Is that too much to ask?

FYI. Afghanistanis and Indians are begging Pakistan for the transit.

It is not Pakistan begging Afghanistanis.

So if you want to focus on Chabaha or timbuktu, please do so at your heart's content.

I suggest with your mindset, please go ahead and put every egg of yours into Ayatullah basket.

As I suggested to Yogi bro,

Do read the thread title, do focus on what I quote in my post.

Otherwise it is a primary school kid fight at its best or a mud-wrestling with Mansoor Ijaz as the MC :lol:

peace to you.

After the Western pullout from Afghanistan, the real shocks will be felt in Pakistan. The taliban nuisance power would Increase many fold and the civil war shocks will spillover to your country.
Frankenstein monsters won't help you. They will further inflame the fire in which the Western part of Pakistan is burning. All countries in the region should work for a peaceful Afghanistan, not a violent one. I think your leadership understands this point. It is only some people and so called defence experts who are influenced by this NATO withdrawal our AFghanistan pipedream.

NATO has failed to solve Afghanistan's issue. It is either their coward approach or the support that has led to an increase of Militancy. After they leave, it will help Pakistan for sure. Like PA has cleared 90% of it's tribal areas, it could do the same if given opportunity in Afghanistan. Pakistan's instability is linked to Afghan instability. Whether its Afghani Taliban or Pakistani Taliban, they all come from the same mother. The failed attempt at Kamra air base attack that saw targeting Awacs, the statements being made regarding Pakistan's nuclear assets and the U.S congress calling for Baluchistan independence are all huge hints. Heck even your country is looking for a stronghold. Besides soldiers. you have 2 air bases in Tajkstan, that sees as a strategic value. The point is, after NATO leaves, there would be less burden. Its only India and their ties with Afghanistan which Pakistan will worry about. PA and ISI have been very active in this region since 80s hence it has earned the experience as well and as the success from the past.

Everyone wants peace, who doesn't? True peace will arrive after foreign elements leave the region and when the Afghan government solely engages with its own people first to solve issues

So if you want to focus on Chabaha or timbuktu, please do so at your heart's content.

I suggest with your mindset, please go ahead and put every egg of yours into Ayatullah basket.

Otherwise it is a primary school kid fight at its best or a mud-wrestling with Mansoor Ijaz as the MC :lol:

peace to you.

Ayotollahs have been more dependable than Pakistani generals insofar India is concerned. Sad but true.

peace to you.

If you are providing it, there is a vested interest in that like Pakistan don't want Afghanistan to look for other options in CIS or Iran. But Pakistan also have problem with emotion on matter with India. Like the MFN thing could not be realized, so this will too.

If you are providing it, there is a vested interest in that like Pakistan don't want Afghanistan to look for other options in CIS or Iran. But Pakistan also have problem with emotion on matter with India. Like the MFN thing could not be realized, so this will too.
Isn't it just one way transit?if its one way then whats the use?only thing its proves is that india being the pivot of subcontinent from where all centrifugal force flows to states on its periphery.

Isn't it just one way transit?if its one way then whats the use?only thing its proves is that india being the pivot of subcontinent from where all centrifugal force flows to states on its periphery.

Even if they allow 2 ways, there are higher chances of Indians trucks will put on fire just like NATO supplies.

Ayotollahs have been more dependable than Pakistani generals insofar India is concerned. Sad but true.

Why it is sad?

For Indians, things are working great in Iran.

It should be a happy thingy for you or other Indians.

Why so much emotions for something as simple as "transit" of goods and services?

Hamidullah Khan, a fruit trader from Kandahar, is a worried man. Last year, he suffered losses as his trucks were stranded for days on Afghanistan-Pakistan border. This year, as the season of fruits peaks, Pakistan has increased taxes on Afghan exports from 3,000 Rs to 13,000 rupees.

Like many other Afghan traders, Mr. Khan exports fruits from Afghanistan to India through Wagah and Karachi ports of Pakistan. But most of the time, his trucks are forced to halt on the border on various flimsy pretexts. This year, with the increase in taxes on exports, his woes have compounded further.

Najlla Habibyar, ‎Chief Executive Officer of Export Promotion Agency of Afghanistan (EPAA), says Pakistan always creates hurdles for Afghan traders in this peak season, which affects the export of fresh fruits from Afghanistan.

Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) has also raised similar concerns, saying Afghan traders face losses due to these hurdles created by authorities in the neighboring country.

For landlocked Afghanistan, the transit route through Pakistan is the only lifeline for trade. According to a report, about 50 trucks carrying pomegranates were stopped by Pakistani authorities on the border and the fruits perished.

The officials in Ministry of Commerce and Industries say they have raised the matter with their Pakistani counterparts on several occasions but nothing has happened.

Presently, the major problems in exporting fresh fruits include lack of processing, absence of cold storages and packaging system.

According to Ms. Habibyar, bureaucracy in Customs department is another huge concern for traders. She says they are looking for alternatives routes to exports their products to other countries.

Currently, Afghanistan has 30 percent trade with India and 44 percent trade with Pakistan. According to Ms. Habibyar, best opportunities await Afghan traders in central Asia, especially in Kazakhstan and they plan to pay more attention there now.

Mohammad Osman Omari, owner of Osman Sahil Company, says the government has not taken initiatives to boost exports. “There is problem of cold-storage, processing and packaging and nothing has been done to address those issues.”

Ms. Habibyar acknowledges that problems exist. “We are trying to provide land to potential investors, and establish a bank so that traders can have access to all kinds of financial facilities,” she says.

According to Ms. Habibyar, the foreign aid should be pumped into infrastructural projects. “We need investment in agriculture, mines and natural gas and if that happens, the volume of exports will jump substantially.” -

See more at: More woes for fruit traders as Pakistan increases tax on Afghan exports | Afghan Zariza

Afghan trade officials have reached a breakthrough assurance from their Pakistani counterparts that Afghan vehicles will be permitted to travel to Pakistan's Wagha Port.

Afghanistan's Minister of Commerce and Industries Anwarulhaq Ahadi said Sunday that in meetings last Thursday and Friday Pakistani officials pledged to implement the terms of the Afghan-Pakistan Trade Transit Agreement (APTTA) of 2010.

Previously Afghan transit vehicles would unload their goods in Peshawar, which were then transported to Wagha Port by Pakistani vehicles.

Afghan traders have been calling for permission to transport cargo to Wagha Port for years, and were apparently allowed to do so under APTTA signed in October 2010, but were prevented from doing so in practice by Pakistani transit and port officials.

Wagha Port provides more facilities for Afghan traders to increase business with India.

Ahadi welcomed the guarantee from Pakistan to honour APTTA but said there are still a few items that need to ironed out.

"We don't say our problems are solved one hundred percent, but our problems with Pakistan are solved seventy percent. There are one or two small issues that are to be considered in a few months at the next meeting," said the Minister.

Afghan traders are also hopeful that with no requirement to transfer cargo to Pakistani transport, the incidence of goods spoiling by the time they get to the port will drop. The traders claim that delays in transferring the goods to other transport had caused foodstuffs to expire before they reached their destination.

Source: Pakistan to Allow Afghan Transit to Wagha Port

Good if Pakistanis are loyal to their words. :tup:
Stupid ridiculous decision.....But i though Afghans had been already trading with indians through sea and they did not need us anymore? LOL it seems the crack heads are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom