What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Would you believe in the journalists or officials?
Dawn news, AFP, APP, BBC all quote the officials stating the range to be between 2500-3000 (which could be further increased to 3500 but that would be at cost of lower warhead).

General Talat Masood, told AFP intermediate range ballistic missiles could reach targets up to 2,500 to 3,000 kilometres away.

Anonymous sources like to spread the rumors and we know how they spread rumours of JF-17 block 2 upgrades, Qing class subarines, J-10 and also your sources turned out to be false most of the time so please don't forces your claims on others. Visual evidence points Shaheen 1 A to be a MRBM and seeing is more believing than depending upon XYZ anonymous sources

One get a little idea by looking at the picture and keeping in mind the state of R&D in Pakistan.
The missile clearly doesn't show weight reduction methods.. If it somehow exists then its being delliberately hidden with another layer of metal and paint.

Gauri 1 and 2 both are MRBM
Ghauri (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pakistan's Missile Technology

I am only saying that the missile is just another version of Shaheen 1 weather or not its upgraded can only be said once the specs come out...
Musharraf approves another missile test
for example they can install GPS guidance inside the missile and make it have a very good CEP... you can call that some upgrade but the real upgrade would a new INS and Guidance which has improved upon the older ones in the missile.. (GPS are jammed very easily these days even Iran and NK does it)... Increased weight, MRV and a conventional warhead system... although a few things like post separation trajectory and altitude correction system can be termed as improvement if the earlier shaheen 1 didn't have that which is highly doubtful since it is having a CEP of 25-50m.

Let me rebuke your Bold statment. After rebuking the bold statement, whatever written after it will become a rant and useless discussion.

Babur Guidance system. TERECOM and DSMAC Plus GPS. ALCM Guidance System. IR plus Terecom and DSMAC plus GPS. We miniaturized nuclear warheads upto such points where it can be fitted in to very small missiles like NASR battle field qausi ballistic missile.

That's the real R&D happening in Pakistan. Now which moron will deny that We can not upgrade our Ballistic missiles after developing such technologies????? Obviously Indians like YOU.

Anonymous sources like to spread the rumors and we know how they spread rumours of JF-17 block 2 upgrades, Qing class subarines, J-10 and also your sources turned out to be false most of the time so please don't forces your claims on others. Visual evidence points Shaheen 1 A to be a MRBM and seeing is more believing than depending upon XYZ anonymous sources

Please specify when.

And we are not forcing anyone to digest what we post. It is up to the person, whether to believe or not.

Quoting the source (You will find it in newspapers too): AFP: Pakistan tests nuclear-capable ballistic missile

The exact range of Pakistan's missile was not revealed, but retired General Talat Masood, a defence analyst, told AFP intermediate-range ballistic missiles could reach targets up to 2,500-3,000 kilometres (1,550-1,850 miles) away -- which would put almost all of arch-rival India within reach.

Please specify when.

And we are not forcing anyone to digest what we post. It is up to the person, whether to believe or not.

Quoting the source (You will find it in newspapers too): AFP: Pakistan tests nuclear-capable ballistic missile

Retired General Is obviously wrong and nor he is authority in the subject And can you clarify How modern day missile without any second stage vehicle can achieve 2500-3000 Km, Example is in your own backyard. Why Shaheeen 2 was developed if you can make missiles of 2500 KM with single stage?

Anonymous sources tend be absurd and illogical.

Retired General Is obviously wrong and nor he is authority in the subject And can you clarify How modern day missile without any second stage vehicle can achieve 2500-3000 Km, Example is in your own backyard. Why Shaheeen 2 was developed if you can make missiles of 2500 KM with single stage?

Anonymous sources tend be absurd and illogical.

Like I said again, you believe what you wish to, and I would believe what I feel is better.
Only time and official stats would answer that, I will try to get the 'official stat'.

If the Intermediate range is between 2500 km and 5000 km and the long range is from 5500 km and up, than agni5 with a 5000 km range in not an ICBM is it?

Please someone cares to explain.

Agni-V is a MRBM.. Medium Range ballistic missile. The people who go around claiming it as an ICBM have no shame, or just ignorant.

It is clearly obvious that this single stage Missile which looks like the earlier Shaheen, only has a range less than 1000km. I dunno what propels people to inflate the range of this single stage missile... massive inferiority complex perhaps? Whatever be the case, if Pakistan has achieved 2500km then it should receive a nobel prize for breaking the laws of physics. The only way this missile can achieve that range if it has anti-gravity alien technology. Not to mention it is even peddled as stealthy! lol

Agni-V is a MRBM.. Medium Range ballistic missile. The people who go around claiming it as an ICBM have no shame, or just ignorant.

It is clearly obvious that this single stage Missile which looks like the earlier Shaheen, only has a range less than 1000km. I dunno what propels people to inflate the range of this single stage missile... massive inferiority complex perhaps? Whatever be the case, if Pakistan has achieved 2500km then it should receive a nobel prize for breaking the laws of physics. The only way this missile can achieve that range if it has anti-gravity alien technology. Not to mention it is even peddled as stealthy! lol

Thank you for regurgitating what other Indian members have already posted in this thread once more. Drinks are to your left. Hope you have a pleasant stay. :rolleyes:

It is clearly obvious that this single stage Missile which looks like the earlier Shaheen, only has a range less than 1000km. I dunno what propels people to inflate the range of this single stage missile... massive inferiority complex perhaps? Whatever be the case, if Pakistan has achieved 2500km then it should receive a nobel prize for breaking the laws of physics. The only way this missile can achieve that range if it has anti-gravity alien technology.

Link « CSS-2 (DF-3, DF-3A) » :

MissileThreat :: CSS-2 (DF-3, DF-3A)

Link « Ghauri-II » :

Ghauri-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shaheen-1A: Pakistan tests nuclear-capable ballistic missile days after India's Agni V launch

AP Apr 26, 2012, 12.47AM IST

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan successfully launched an upgraded ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead Wednesday, days after its neighbor and archenemy India conducted its own missile test, the Pakistani military said.

The Hatf IV Shaheen-1A missile was fired into the sea, the military said in a written statement. It was described as an intermediate-range missile having a longer range than its predecessor, the Shaheen-1, which is believed to fly up to 750 kilometers (465 miles).

"The improved version of Shaheen-1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan's deterrence abilities," said Lt. Gen. Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, who witnessed the launch and is responsible for the country's nuclear program.

Intermediate-range ballistic missiles have a range of 3,000 to 5,000 kilometers (1,865 to 3,110 miles), according to the website GlobalSecurity.org.

If the Shaheen-1A is indeed an intermediate-range missile, it would represent a quantum leap from the previous version. Pakistan's longest range missile before Wednesday's launch was believed to be the Shaheen II, with a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles). That is far enough to hit targets anywhere in India.

India announced last Thursday that it had successfully test-launched a new nuclear-capable, long-range missile, the Agni-V, which has a range of 5,000 kilometers (3,100 miles).

The US State Department urged restraint. "The Pakistanis have said it wasn't a direct response to the Indian test,'' spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. ``But what's most important is that they do seem to have taken steps to inform the Indians, and we, as you know, are quite intent on those two countries continuing to work together and improve their dialogue."

This handout photograph released by the Pakistan's Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on April 25, 2012, shows a Hatf IV Shaheen-1A nuclear-capable intermediate range ballistic missile launched from an undisclosed location in Pakistan. Pakistan successfully test fired a nuclear-capable intermediate range ballistic missile on April 25, the military said, less than a week after India test launched a long range missile. The exact range of the missile was not revealed, but retired General Talat Masood, a defence analyst, told AFP intermediate range ballistic missiles could reach targets up to 2,500 to 3,000 kilometres (1,550 to 1,850 miles) away, which would put almost all of arch-rival India within reach. (AFP)

Pakistan and India have fought three major wars since they achieved independence from the British empire in 1947. Relations have warmed somewhat over the last year, especially with respect to trade, but the two still consider each other enemies and regularly conduct tests of weapons systems to display their military prowess.

"This is what has been happening over the past few years,'' said Talat Masood, a Pakistani defense analysts and retired army general."The tests by Pakistan and India follow each other to show that their programs are robust.''

India's latest test, however, was conducted with an eye toward its eastern neighbor, China, rather than its western neighbor, Pakistan. The Agni-V gave India the capability of striking Beijing and Shanghai for the first time, and the government hailed the launch as a major boost to its efforts to counter China's regional dominance and become an Asian power in its own right.

India had already achieved the ability to reach anywhere in Pakistan with the development of its Agni-I and Agni-II missiles, said Rahul Bedi, a defense analyst in India."Agni-V has nothing to do with Pakistan,'' said Bedi.

The Economic Times

Link wikipedia « The Economic Times » :

The Economic Times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link wikipedia « Lieutenant General Talat Masood » :

Talat Masood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link wikipedia « Defence Science and Technology Organization (DESTO) » :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DESTO_%28Pakistan%29

Link Wikipedia « Pakistani missile research and development program » :

Pakistani missile research and development program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link Wikipedia « Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering » :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Army_Corps_of_Electrical_and_Mechanical_Engineering

Pakistan-missile.jpg

If it was really fired into Indian ocean

and mostly missiles are launched fromm jhelum in pak

so calculating the distance it comes upto 2300-2400km

so it is a extensive upgrade i must say

bt instead of this they should have opted and invested in the MIRV tech and fitting that onto the Shaheen IIA would be a more better option than this one

Would you believe in the journalists or officials?
Dawn news, AFP, APP, BBC all quote the officials stating the range to be between 2500-3000 (which could be further increased to 3500 but that would be at cost of lower warhead).

General Talat Masood, told AFP intermediate range ballistic missiles could reach targets up to 2,500 to 3,000 kilometres away.

yes it could, but not this particular missile.
Shaheen-2 can reach 2500-3000km.

Let me rebuke your Bold statment. After rebuking the bold statement, whatever written after it will become a rant and useless discussion.

Babur Guidance system. TERECOM and DSMAC Plus GPS. ALCM Guidance System. IR plus Terecom and DSMAC plus GPS. We miniaturized nuclear warheads upto such points where it can be fitted in to very small missiles like NASR battle field qausi ballistic missile.

That's the real R&D happening in Pakistan. Now which moron will deny that We can not upgrade our Ballistic missiles after developing such technologies????? Obviously Indians like YOU.

Babur Guidance has got nothing to do with INS of a Ballistic missile..:lol: it certainly isn't as easy as you think it to be... even Russian and Chinese haven't been able to master systems like ring leaser gyros... your IR, optical and whatever guidance used on babur won't work on any BM... you are free to consider yourself a moron here.

RE is certainly not R&D.. even on that note I would like to see how accurate is Babur CM against its target... take some effort and post a few images or videos of the missile hitting its target.. or hitting in the vicinity of the target.

]Babur Guidance has got nothing to do with INS of a Ballistic missile..:lol: it certainly isn't as easy as you think it to be... even Russian and Chinese haven't been able to master systems like ring leaser gyros... your IR, optical and whatever guidance used on babur won't work on any BM... you are free to consider yourself a moron here.[/B]

RE is certainly not R&D.. even on that note I would like to see how accurate is Babur CM against its target... take some effort and post a few images or videos of the missile hitting its target.. or hitting in the vicinity of the target.

Unsubstantiated claims. What proof do you got that Pakistani ballistic missiles had the outdated Guidance systems? My prove is the official CEP told by head of shaheen-1 program which was 15-20 Meters and that was in early 2000. Ranting without fact and figure makes you look moron in a longer run.

Second Fact. There were test videos of shaheen 1 on youtube which were removed later. Your Indian Buddy Markus has seen it. You can ask him that. From that video, A Flag was the impact point and when the missile exploded a casual eye could guess missile blasted 40-70 feet away from the flag which translates into 15-20 Meters.

These two facts have proved to me that what would be the actual CEP of shaheen 1. So how much you rant and cry, the spoken truth verified by the visual proof would beat anyone in the argument. Unless you bring forward any Visual or Spoken statement which would proof me wrong that "PAKISTANI BM" are outdated and have large CEP's.

Nah, i could not show you any Babur video hitting it's target. But there is firm believe in my heart and mind which tells me when a Ballistic missile of 700 Km range (Shaheen-1) had a CEP of 15-20 M. Then How come, The CRUISE MISSILE. Most Sophisticated guidance systems having TERECOM and DSMAC which can not be shot down and have proven again and again the CEP of 1-10 M in gulf war 1, gulf war 2, in Libya and cruise missile of Pakistan having same TERECOM and DSMAC plus the GPS guidance and same 700 KM would not have pin point accuracy and much lower CEP error than SHAHEEN-1.

bt instead of this they should have opted and invested in the MIRV tech and fitting that onto the Shaheen IIA would be a more better option than this one

Anything which enemy has installed to hurt Pakistan is likely to be installed between 400-1000KM and Pakistan must have cost effective means to "settle" such targets and this missile is the right step towards that. We haven't witnessed any new missiles coming with extended range in the past several years and rather the new missiles have even shorter ranges, like Nasr with 60KM-100 KM range.

In my books being potent is more important than appearing to be one and we are doing exactly that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom