What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

yes it could, but not this particular missile.
Shaheen-2 can reach 2500-3000km.

I think I tried to post this earlier. They are being VERY SMART about the world politics when this test was conducted. They knew that putting a 5000 or above to test will cause world backlash and after all that's been going on, this was the last thing they wanted to do. Here's what got tested:
1) Extended range & certain stealthy features
2) Ability to target sea based slow moving targets
3) Testing & switching of GPS as / when needed, from general GPS to Chinese
4) New / upgraded solid fuel tech & management systems
5) Some features of re-entry vehicle as this went hundreds of miles up, way more than anything before.

Now here's the common sense conclusion. If you take systems that were tested, put the tech from above into an extended fuel two stage Shaheen II or add another rocket / fuel stage to make it III, you just moved Shaheen III capable of around 5-6 k kilometers. Pak has designed some long range capability but they'll keep testing the technology on the smaller ones dubbed "as improvements" to avoid bad press and bit-cing from all sides

Babur Guidance has got nothing to do with INS of a Ballistic missile..:lol: it certainly isn't as easy as you think it to be... even Russian and Chinese haven't been able to master systems like ring leaser gyros... your IR, optical and whatever guidance used on babur won't work on any BM... you are free to consider yourself a moron here.

RE is certainly not R&D.. even on that note I would like to see how accurate is Babur CM against its target... take some effort and post a few images or videos of the missile hitting its target.. or hitting in the vicinity of the target.

here is what u wanted to see ... 00:30 - 00:35 ... babur hitting target.

and for Moron thing ... don't even think of considering yourself a Moron. You are not suitable for the same title twice. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it could, but not this particular missile.
Shaheen-2 can reach 2500-3000km.

Yes, it’s true but the main interest lies elsewhere.

Reissue:

Observed.

Shaheen-II / Hatf-VI

Shaheen-IA / Hatf-IV

Shaheen II (Length) 17.5 m - Shaheen IA (Length) 12 m = 5,5 m difference

Shaheen II (Diameter) 1.4 m - Shaheen IA (Diameter) 1 m = 0,5 m difference

Shaheen II (Weight ) 25,000 kg - Shaheen IA (Weight ) 9,500 kg = 15,500 kg difference

For the same “Operational range” of 2,500 km to 3,000 km for “Shaheen-II / Hatf-VI” and “Shaheen-IA / Hatf-IV”.

A passage of 700 km to 2,500 km - 3,000 km of Shaheen-IA / Hatf-IV for a length, a diameter and a weight lower to “Shaheen-II / Hatf-VI”. Giving a gain of 1,800 km - 2,300 km for Shaheen-IA / Hatf-IV.

By approximation with a volume of fuel available now of about 15,500 kg for “Shaheen-II / Hatf-VI” or future “Shaheen-III”.

This is really a major advanced.

“If the information is really true concerning the new operational range of Shaheen-IA / Hatf-IV ” to 2,500 km - 3,000 km. And there is a huge opportunity it is true. Then Shaheen-III can achieve now very easily the “Operational range ICBM of 5,000 km”.

from the same source. look this pic please and educate yourself.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Indian_Ocean_-_en_IHO.png

Indian_Ocean_-_en_IHO.png

Link « CSS-2 (DF-3, DF-3A) » :

MissileThreat :: CSS-2 (DF-3, DF-3A)

Link « Ghauri-II » :

Ghauri-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link wikipedia « The Economic Times » :

The Economic Times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link wikipedia « Lieutenant General Talat Masood » :

Talat Masood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link wikipedia « Defence Science and Technology Organization (DESTO) » :

Defence Science and Technology Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link Wikipedia « Pakistani missile research and development program » :

Pakistani missile research and development program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link Wikipedia « Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering » :

Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok, I might even agree that it might be a IRBM, but what is the need to test it right after India does a test?
I mean, the projection is basically useless when you follow launches right after ours.. India already knows that Pakistan would do anything to make Indian cities in range but it still does not explain the tests right after ours..:unsure:

Ok, I might even agree that it might be a IRBM, but what is the need to test it right after India does a test?
I mean, the projection is basically useless when you follow launches right after ours.. India already knows that Pakistan would do anything to make Indian cities in range but it still does not explain the tests right after ours..:unsure:

_39936067_pakistan_missile_map416.gif

We already have all Indian cities under our range

Well, Pakistan uses a very clever technique, which many of you guys are missing. Indian test gives us the opportunity to test from our side which is new and needs testing. taking the example of this current test, its a new version of Shaheen Missile which has been reshaped a little bit and added new features and it required testing, but since if we do the test first, all the western media cries foul play, thus we wait, when Indians test something it gives us the perfect opportunity to test what we want to, thus its labelled as tit for tat but in truth we tested our own new system without being labeled the one who took the first step, ours is called a retaliatory response.

I believe i already answered that.
Sorry you misunderstood, I was asking that despite having the capability to cover India, why Pakistan tests missiles only after India does?

Now, please answer..

Did you even read what i answered ?? Have you checked my post #578.
Sorry I missed that post. The point you claim cannot be true always.. Agni V cannot not be used against Pakistan so where is the rationale in saying it was a retaliatory response. For other instances that reasoning might apply but im sure not for everything... This retaliatory respsonse still has left me clueless...

Sorry I missed that post. The point you claim cannot be true always.. Agni V cannot not be used against Pakistan so where is the rationale in saying it was a retaliatory response. For other instances that reasoning might apply but im sure not for everything... This retaliatory respsonse still has left me clueless...

Sometimes it becomes very hard to make Indians understand. Retaliatory response is understood from your side, you guys say we Indians test missile and then Pak does the same, its retaliatory from your point of view and world's point of view, we all know Agni-V has nothing to do with us, Prithvi & Agni 1 are more then enough for us, but such tests fom your side which has nothing to do with us gives us an opportunity to test our own systems, especially our newer , upgraded missiles.

hope this time i was clear enough..

Sometimes it becomes very hard to make Indians understand. Retaliatory response is understood from your side, you guys say we Indians test missile and then Pak does the same, its retaliatory from your point of view and world's point of view, we all know Agni-V has nothing to do with us, Prithvi & Agni 1 are more then enough for us, but such tests fom your side which has nothing to do with us gives us an opportunity to test our own systems, especially our newer , upgraded missiles.

hope this time i was clear enough..
Ok, if you say opportunity its fine.. however, what Pakistan needs is more diplomatic muscle, see NK did a test and the world went into convolutions but Pakistan did not elicit that response.. if you can achieve an independence then this opportunity hunting will be less burden for you guys..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom