What's new

Pakistan test fires Hatf VII missile

You need to reinforce cannisters or silos for this purpose.
On the other hand cold launch does not need to be built into the ship
Anyway I'm sorry. I was unaware..

Contrary to your statement, it is cold launch systems that are heavier, and in the case of mobile launching, more cumbersome. They have a gas-generator at the bottom of the pit, which is usually a solid rocket motor on its own, whose exhaust pops the missile out of the canister. The only advantage they have is shorter reload time since the same canister can be reused without having to be repaired. Western systems have classically preferred hot launches, changing the whole cell is easier if more expensive.

Ok, nice development.

1. Its in a canister this time, which means things are moving ahead and they can be now stationed on naval vessels too.
2. The launch was straight up, not sideways like the last time, meaning the booster has now the capability to tilt the cruise missile sideways before seperation, which again is good.
3. And the range seems to have increased also, which again is a good thing.

But i would like the design(shape) to change, to make it more stealthy, thus less change to get detected and less reaction time for the defending forces to intercept it.

What adjustments in the design u are looking for.It is a ground hugging missile so stealth automatically jumps in.
Besides it will be much more amusing to employ the cold launch systems.

@ 0:23, REAL moving itself !!!
24.gif

I can confirm on my part what Taimi, Rafi sahib rightly stated, it is the naval variant of babar and launch platform will be F-22p in near future. Range is still 700 kms but it is fired upto 600 kms in this test. Many congrats to all countrymen.

Hi Mr. Nabil_05, it is great news (if true) that the F-22P will be able to launch babur LACMs. However, I have a simple question, where would they be placed/stored in the ship? I have attached a link showing the F-22p frigrate. Space seems to be at a premium on that ship, and there does not seem to be any free space available for vertically launched LACMs. Take care.

ASIAN DEFENCE: New pictures of F-22P frigate of Pakistan navy

whaat type of engine is used in it ? and who is the producer of these engines? anny pics of its engine..[from wiki it seems that it is using turbofan] .. are we that making such engines ?

guys i wanna ask that why cant we use box shaped launchers as well in place of tube shaped launcher on ships

it will be mounted in place of C-802/3, vertical launch is not necessary as the missile adjusts its trajectory anyway...important thing is the canister casing which is meant for ships primarily in this case.

I can confirm on my part what Taimi, Rafi sahib rightly stated, it is the naval variant of babar and launch platform will be F-22p in near future. Range is still 700 kms but it is fired upto 600 kms in this test. Many congrats to all countrymen.

It makes sense; in vehicles such armoured or tanks the sensors can be harmed by the hot launch mechanism; but this not the case with the naval vehicles which are relatively much spacious & sensors can be located at a greater distance from the launch platform

Hi, not to side track this discussion, I will make a quick comment. Last time I checked, this is a forum and a free world. One is allowed to say and articulate what they want as long as it is not hurting anyone. As such, if you do not like my posts, you have the option not to read them. However, in the interest of not being stubborn or offending anyone I will stop. I was raised to always be polite and did not mean to irritate anyone. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom