What's new

Pakistan test fires Hatf VII missile

Army has whole set of different kinds of deployed nuclear missiles.(Cruise missiles/Ballistic Missiles of different ranges etc)
Pakistan Air Force has RA'AD ALCM which is nuclear capable.Platforms like F-16s and JF-17 thunders can also deliver nuclear strike on Enemy.
Navy is the real problem..:devil:

Our Naval Forces are lagging behind.

not for long!

I am as usual very disappointed by the quality of the video, wtf man, wtf!!!
Cant we make a professional looking videos? say for instance like India?

I am as usual very disappointed by the quality of the video, wtf man, wtf!!!
Cant we make a professional looking videos? say for instance like India?

You call Indian Videos Professional, Well I recommend you to see, Govt promotional Videos on education, where even a Child Who is Ambitious enough to go to school would Quit his Plans after watching it

Canisterised yet hot launched can't be navalised as of present.

If Pakistan has proved of such a progress; cold launch technology be just hands away from Pakistan engineering society:tup:.

Because the missile is tilted before the booster separated out [as is said by Taimikhan] in cold launch however this would be reversed I.e the missile must be tilted to respective direction before boosting ever starts. This usually is achieved by

Control jets are small orifices in the top/bottom and/or sides of the object to be controlled, through which gas can be ejected. This gas may be tapped from the main engine or generated separately from compressed gas in bottles or by burning fuel. If mounted in the front of the vehicle, a gas jet blowing out the left of the nose will push the nose, and therefore the object, to the right. If mounted behind the center of gravity of the object the opposite effect will occur - a gas jet on the left side will turn the object to the left. Varying the amount of gas exiting the jet will control the amount of force and therefore the rate of turn.
Gas-dynamic control systems are typically found on high-altitude jet aircraft (such as the Sukhoi Su-35, F-22 Raptor and X-15), spacecraft (such as the Space Shuttle), ballistic missiles, air-to-air missiles (such as the Vympel R-73 (AA-11) and surface-to-air missiles (such as the S-400 "Triumf" (SA-20) and 9K332 "Tor" (SA-15)).

As a side note there was a heated debate whether RAAD & Babur are same do refer to this
http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/56344-baburs-new-prospectus-4.html#post1159738

OK now it is in a canister, but it is still hot launched. What I like less is the downgrade from a quad launcher to a single-canister-on-a-truck. ...

One advantage thet I can see of a tube launcher even for land-attack use is that the missile rolls out of the factory in the canister and spends its shelf-life within a controlled evvironment, and is ready to launch as a turn-key system. The fuel could be carried in a tank at the side of the canister, and there's wiring and hatches to feed maps and coordinates.

The thing with this hypotheses is that I'm ignoring the servicing of the jet engine. Can it be serviced in-place...we do see a stuarish structure, a hatch included probably, near the base, so this could be a possibility.

what pakistan need most

1 weapons
2 devlopments ,peace, growth

well its good to test but the question remain same what pakistan need

What did india need when it raised two mountain division at the cost of billion of rupees?

Do i need to remind of somethings in india?

Dear Mr. Nightcrawler, I am a bit confused between a hot and cold launch? Can you kindly please explain the difference and why a cold launch is necessary for a naval application? Thanks!

Dear Mr. Nightcrawler, I am a bit confused between a hot and cold launch? Can you kindly please explain the difference and why a cold launch is necessary for a naval application? Thanks!

In a hot launch the missile uses its own thrust to propel itself out of the silo while in a cold launch it is first ejected and then the missiles engine kicks in.
You can't have hot launches on a ship for obvious reasons of causing structural damage to the ship itself

In a hot launch the missile uses its own thrust to propel itself out of the silo while in a cold launch it is first ejected and then the missiles engine kicks in.
You can't have hot launches on a ship for obvious reasons of causing structural damage to the ship itself

dont feed wrong info dear hot launchers are all over the world on ships

look

030409_navy_missile_800.JPG

US_Navy_020613-N-0000X-002_SM-3_missile_launch.jpg

619959444_4bb39dd56c.jpg

100623-N-3885H-011.jpg

Otomat_anti-ship_missile.JPEG

U1756900.jpg

An example is Shaurya missile, but it goes out of a silo.

Hi, yes hot launched systems are available on naval ships. However, a lot of VLS (vertical launch systems) use cold launch technology. The link below explains the pro as cons.

/**********************************************/

Vertical launching system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American VLSs have the missile cells arranged in a grid with one lid per cell and are "hot launch" systems; the engine ignites within the cell during the launch, and thus it requires exhaust piping for the missile flames and gasses. Russia produces both grid systems and a revolver design with more than one missile per lid. France, Italy and Britain use a cold-launching Sylver system in PAAMS. The People's Republic of China uses a circular "cold launch" system that ejects the missile from the launch tube before igniting the engine. Russia also uses a cold launch system for some of its VLS missile systems, e.g., the Tor missile system.

An advantage of a hot-launch system is that the missile propels itself out of the launching cell using its own engine, which eliminates the need for a separate system to eject the missile from the launching tube. This potentially makes a hot-launch system relatively light, small, and economical to develop and produce. A potential disadvantage is that a malfunctioning missile could destroy the launch tube.

The advantage of the cold-launch system is in its safety: should a missile engine malfunction during launch, the cold-launch system can eject the missile thereby reducing or eliminating the threat. For this reason, Russian VLSs are often designed with a slant so that a malfunctioning missile will land in the water instead of on the ship's deck. Another advantage of the cold-launch system is its low life-cycle cost of the launching tubes: since the missile's engine ignites outside of the tube, the tube is not subject to extreme heat blast and enjoys a long life span.

Hi, I also noticed the Brahmos and a lot of Chinese land based anti-ship missile systems have canisters containing the missiles. I personally like the canister approach as it looks more compact and protects the missile. The old babur TEL (transport erector system) did not have that. Take care.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3wZSwFvZzqM/Su8yfL5YP5I/AAAAAAAADq4/_ahxWRc87go/s1600-h/yj6testfirebn7.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3lEvntGsch4/ScckY37dKBI/AAAAAAAAAas/ZcsL6f_UdAU/s1600-h/longer+range+versions+of+the+Pakistani+nuclear-capable,+radar-dodging+cruise+missile,+the+Hatf+VII+Babur+missile.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom